News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Its Official [phish.com]

Started by Blaise, October 01, 2008, 03:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmetela

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on October 01, 2008, 10:28:53 AM
^^indeed. it's pretty much a disease you'll never be able to cure.

and you can only feed it with hearing them more. :)

i think this was the best text/video to wake up to i've ever had in my life.

i pre-ordered. i'll wait a bit on a room.

hey blat, i'm gonna drive into RVA... if you're not going with your crew, you're more than welcome with me&mine.

can't wait to see ya'll there!

there she is!

keeb333

Quote from: jedifunk on October 01, 2008, 10:13:22 AM
i have to say, i'm extremely conflicted right now about all this

The first time I saw them was 11-15-1998.  I only got to go to 7 shows before they "broke up", so I will be there one way or another!!!!  I didn't witness the first comeback fiasco, but I saw them at Walnut Creek that year, and then at Deer Creek in 04, and both were great times!  Why are you conflicted?

Phunkaddict

We can all forget thinking about ANYTHING else for a few days...
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

Mr Minor

Quote from: jedifunk on October 01, 2008, 10:23:10 AM
thanks RJ...

i just realize that i'm addicted to phish... its my addiction.  for some its drugs or alcohol... others its cigs...  me?  its phish.

so my initial reaction is one of ecstasy but i immediately need to temper that so that it doesn't get out of hand.  

feel me?

I totally feel you on this.  

There are many things that are able to get out hand for me.  My excitement and my interest may not be in the same line as my wife/family's best interests.

guyforget

My excitement is only tempered by how f'n much of a hassle I know itll be to find a decent room. 

I do have a Hampton secret spot, but its about a 20 minute drive to the coliseum...  if you dont get there early, its an hour in traffic, easily. 

-AD_

jedifunk

Quote from: keeb333 on October 01, 2008, 10:35:10 AM
I didn't witness the first comeback fiasco, but I saw them at Walnut Creek that year, and then at Deer Creek in 04, and both were great times!  Why are you conflicted?
first off, the first reunion shows were NOT a fiasco... that NYE show at MSG was off the charts good.... the energy in that place could have powered manhattan for a week!

and as for my confliction... its a long long story... basically phish saved my life (in a round about way) and for that i love them... as such, my life became phish and that led to my addiction.... for which i am still recovering.

in any case, my desire to be there for the 1st shows back are trying so hard to override my logical thinking about my life, my family, and my finances... especially in light of our country's current economic situation.

i don't expect anyone to understand.. but RJ thanks
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

gah

yeah, but that's what the rest of the year is all about. got to look at this as a vacation from life. theres a great quote from trey in the it dvd i think, paraphrasing here, about how yeah, sure maybe it's escapism, maybe for a few hours, a bunch of us get to get together, and escape the bullshit and responsibilities in our lives and just enjoy in something bigger than us as individuals, and then we have to go back to our lives. but i'm cool with that. gotta look at it that way.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

tet

i understand, jedi.

and i expect to see you there  8-)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

G. Augusto

There's definitely more bullshit at a show than in my "real life".
a

Mr Minor

Quote from: jedifunk on October 01, 2008, 10:42:50 AM
Quote from: keeb333 on October 01, 2008, 10:35:10 AM
I didn't witness the first comeback fiasco, but I saw them at Walnut Creek that year, and then at Deer Creek in 04, and both were great times!  Why are you conflicted?
first off, the first reunion shows were NOT a fiasco... that NYE show at MSG was off the charts good.... the energy in that place could have powered manhattan for a week!

and as for my confliction... its a long long story... basically phish saved my life (in a round about way) and for that i love them... as such, my life became phish and that led to my addiction.... for which i am still recovering.

in any case, my desire to be there for the 1st shows back are trying so hard to override my logical thinking about my life, my family, and my finances... especially in light of our country's current economic situation.

i don't expect anyone to understand.. but RJ thanks

I can completely understand you in this point.  Logic and reality vs. what I really want to do.

jedifunk

Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

and dont get me wrong.. i'm more excited about this than 90% of you bastards
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

Mr Minor

Quote from: jedifunk on October 01, 2008, 10:50:49 AM
its life's ultimate test eh?

For real.  The question is can it be a win-win situation?

Or win-win-win in Michael Scott's case...

rowjimmy

I've been juggling life vs shows for more than a decade, kiddies. It's tough.
Sometimes you get a show, sometimes the bear gets you.

jedifunk

Quote from: Mr Minor on October 01, 2008, 10:51:54 AM
Quote from: jedifunk on October 01, 2008, 10:50:49 AM
its life's ultimate test eh?

For real.  The question is can it be a win-win situation?

Or win-win-win in Michael Scott's case...

it certainly can... i just wonder if sacrificing some of my long term goals for short term happiness is worth it sometimes
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio