News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

First Song at Hampton

Started by cactusfan, October 01, 2008, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

as i drove around today and listened to bowie from radio city 2000 it made me think that would be good, because they can draw out that beginning for as long as they want with the crowd going as nuts as they want, before actually having to drop into it, same as 2001, but i think bowie would have the place going nuts.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

gimmetela

bowie is what they left the mothership on...could be, could be...

gah

ok, it's been decided. bowie it is. someone let the boys know.

gimmetela

mistercharlie

Boston's 'Foreplay > Longtime'.
That would be the perfect opener.

"It's been such a long time..."
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

bluecaravan521

Alright I've given it some more thought, and I've changed my mind....Bowie would be sick:
The lights go down...no one knows what's going on...all of the sudden a lone high hat starts up.  The boys start painting colors all over this backdrop, of longing, of joy...then OUT of nowhere they kick it into OverDrive and PLOW through Bowie without a single mistake.  It would be a fantastic way to start.

Quote from: goodabouthood on October 09, 2008, 11:49:35 PM

Who's gonna make the call?
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...

gah

Quote from: bluecaravan521 on October 09, 2008, 11:59:19 PM
Alright I've given it some more thought, and I've changed my mind....Bowie would be sick:
The lights go down...no one knows what's going on...all of the sudden a lone high hat starts up.  The boys start painting colors all over this backdrop, of longing, of joy...then OUT of nowhere they kick it into OverDrive and PLOW through Bowie without a single mistake.  It would be a fantastic way to start.

Quote from: goodabouthood on October 09, 2008, 11:49:35 PM

Who's gonna make the call?

i just did. talked to brad sands maids sons who i met at a wedding 6 years ago in bumblefutch PA on a random night, and he knew that trey was thinking about taking a break, and then decided if they ever got back together, he would let some anonymous person from a website dedicated to those ridiculously obsessed with the band decide what the opener would be when he decided that if they ever took a break, but not really, but broke up so that he could get clean, and then decided to get back together four years later because he missed it so much he would rather play YEM 5 times  a night for the rest of his life than have the use of his left nut, which apparently isn't that useful really, and is used as a reserve,  it would be where such person that spoke with the maids son while being pushed around in a wheel chair not belonging to him for no other reason than it would be fun with a lei around his neck and two jack and cokes, one in each hand, would be living (norfolk), or thereabouts, i.e. Hampton, and that at that time, like the bat signal being shone into the night sky, he would send a telepathic message asking what we on previously stated such site would want to be the opener, and as through the last 12-13 pages have concluded, that david bowie would be the only way to go, and so it would be, and to just let him know.

he said he'll get back to me.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: bluecaravan521 on October 09, 2008, 11:59:19 PM

oh man!!! I can only imagine how nuts that would be....the energy is going to be INSANE when those lights go down!!

now if they really wanted to hit ushard they would open with tube!!!! how great would that be!!!! Jump right into the dancing madness!!
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 09, 2008, 08:54:21 PM
I'll need to be away from the section when I scream my face off.

Declan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 10, 2008, 02:37:09 AM

now if they really wanted to hit ushard they would open with tube!!!!

or hi hat intro > timber
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

PhishPhan

I would like to see YEM or a decent The Curtain With.

mopper_smurf

Crowd > Tuning > Crowd goes nuts >

Twist And Shout >
She's A Woman >
I Feel Fine >
Dizzy Miss Lizzy >
Ticket To Ride > G. Augusto starts screaming when he realizes that they are playing the complete Beatles at Shea set)
Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby >
Can't Buy Me Love >
Baby's In Black >
I Wanna Be Your Man >
A Hard Day's Night >
Help! >
I'm Down

End of first set.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

redrum

don't wanna rain on the bowie parade but i just don't see it happening.
i agree with the space/hi hat/then bam they drop into it, being cool.
but i doubt they'll wanna jump right into the composed segment type stuff right off the bat (unless it's yem).

next question:

will trey speak, before the instruments do?

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

gah

its going to be as follows, otherwise trey might lose his left nut or die!

03/06/09
set I: YEM > YEM
set II: YEM > YEM
enc: YEM

03/07/09
(repeat above)

03/08/09
(repeat above)

"When Phish broke up, I made some comment about how I'm not gonna go around playing 'You Enjoy Myself' for the rest of my life," Anastasio told Rolling Stone. "And it's so funny because Fish and Mike and Page have been talking to each other a lot lately and now — it's not that I can't believe that I said that, but its symbolic of how much I lost my mind or how much I lost my bearings or something. Because at this point in time I would give my left nut to play that song five times in a row every day until I die. I certainly thought about that while I was in jail.

antelope19

Quote from: redrum on October 10, 2008, 11:36:56 AM
don't wanna rain on the bowie parade but i just don't see it happening.
i agree with the space/hi hat/then bam they drop into it, being cool.
but i doubt they'll wanna jump right into the composed segment type stuff right off the bat (unless it's yem).

next question:

will trey speak, before the instruments do?

I don't think so.  But I would think he'll make an "announcement" of sorts.  A "Thank you for being here" and a "we're really lucky to be able to do this."  I'm calling it to be after the 3rd song first night.   :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment