News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

First Song at Hampton

Started by cactusfan, October 01, 2008, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

can't quite narrow it down to my first night prediction (yet).
but i will throw out what i'm feeling for set openers for this run in general.

-Chalkdust
-Disease
-Funky Bitch
-Mike's
-Punch
-Llama
-Wilson
-Ghost
-Makisupa
-Split
-Divided
-YEM

however i do think that whatever they chose to open the first night with, they'll count it down and all start playing at the same time.
one more thing: highly doubt it will be the Curtain.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: redrum on October 02, 2008, 12:24:26 AM

however i do think that whatever they chose to open the first night with, they'll count it down and all start playing at the same time.
one more thing: highly doubt it will be the Curtain.

like Suzy and YEM?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

disco

Quote from: bvaz on October 01, 2008, 08:31:44 PM
first song will be chalkdust.
fluffhead will be 2nd encore on 3rd night.

dammit bvaz, you can't steal my answers, esp when you type them before me  :lol:

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

mopper_smurf

Llama > Camel Walk > Llama

Encore: Vultures
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Mr Minor

It seems like they will start with something rocking and to the point.  YEM seems like a better midset song.  Chalk Dust, Suzy, something like that.

High energy.  Think of the energy building in that place.  It's gonna be something that blows the roof off. 

Buried Alive could be fun one...

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 01, 2008, 10:52:10 PM
i'm really wondering what songs will be brought back into rotation and which ones will be dropped.  I have a feeling Jibboo and Sand will be left out again, but I hope they don't keep First Tube kicked to the ground, or Heavy Things. 

I think it would be just the coolest if they brought back all the old songs that they essentially ditched after like... '98, like Buried Alive, Alumni Blues, Esther, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Mango Song, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, BBFCFM, Contact, Fast Enough for You, Billy Breathes, Guelah Papyrus, Mound, Tela, etc. 

Gumbo, I hope Sand is dropped from rotation, but First Tube can get taken out of rotation for all I care.  Seems to go nowhere and I kind of got annoyed by it. 

Regardless, everyone is going to go nutz...

rowjimmy

as suggested on another board:
QuoteI: Meatstick > Jennifer Dances, Mexican Cousin, Friday, Prince Caspian > Bouncin > Prince Caspian, Wading In The Velvet Sea

II: Scents And Subtle Sounds > Sparkle, Brian And Robert > Round Room > Thunderhead > Brian And Robert, Horse > Silent In The Morning

E: Water In The Sky, Birds Of A Feather

Seriously, though, I'm torn.
I want a redeemed performance of my favorite song: The Curtain With

But I think a Tweezer or YEM (without tramps) may be more appropriate.

antelope19

Energy?  Who needs it.  I say they open with dirt or faht.

But seriously, I call PYITE.  Second set opener = Rock n Roll
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

MiamiPhish

I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned Tweezer Reprise...   I think/hope they will open:

Tweezer Reprise > YEM

Another interesting opener would be Destiny Unbound... that'd be an unexpected surprise.

gimmetela

wow.  this answer could get dumb long. 

first of all, i hold fast the theory that The Curtain With was started in the wrong key so that he (they) could sap a bit more time out of it and play it again...that said, I don't think it would be the curtain with. 

You ALL know that I definitely want Tela.  (see the name.)  BUT that would be kind of a lame first night opener.  Maybe we could see that midway through the second set, second night.

Personally, I don't really know what they will start with.  Maybe Axilla II just to rip your face off your head and get your attention.  I don't think they will start with YEM, because that would set the bar way high...but then again, maybe they are setting the bar high, and gonna reach it.  If they start with YEM that would leave the rest of the nights open to comparison, and face it kids, there's more critics among us than those that just go and enjoy the music.

I would LOVE to see a 2001 opener, as in "let's get settled in, back in the mothership."  Maybe Back on the Train.  Saw it Again?  I Didn't Know? 

I'll be meeting with my cabinet over the course of the week.  I'll have a more definitive answer later...

Gumbo72203

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 02, 2008, 09:24:00 AM
as suggested on another board:
QuoteI: Meatstick > Jennifer Dances, Mexican Cousin, Friday, Prince Caspian > Bouncin > Prince Caspian, Wading In The Velvet Sea

II: Scents And Subtle Sounds > Sparkle, Brian And Robert > Round Room > Thunderhead > Brian And Robert, Horse > Silent In The Morning

E: Water In The Sky, Birds Of A Feather

Seriously, though, I'm torn.
I want a redeemed performance of my favorite song: The Curtain With

But I think a Tweezer or YEM (without tramps) may be more appropriate.

You raise an interesting point.....  they gave away the tramps.  But...  then again, they DID say that they were DONE.  So, maybe they're allowed to bring out new trampolines. 

How about an I Am Hydrogen opener?  THAT would be way cool and unexpected.  I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove > Mike's Song > Simple > Prince Caspian.  Inverted Mikes Groove!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

StCarl

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

mattstick

I'd bet no Tramps in '09 and beyond.

mopper_smurf

On second thought. How about: A Day Without Me (U2)

Starting a landslide in my ego
Look from the outside
To the world I left behind
I'm dreaming
You're awake
If I were sleeping
What's at stake

A day without me

Whatever the feelings
I keep feeling
What are the feelings
You left behind

Today's a day without me

I started a landslide in my ego
Look from the outside

In the world I left behind
Wipe their eyes, and then let go

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

G. Augusto

New tramps should have frikkin' lazer beams shooting out of them.

Otherwise, ditch the gimmicks (a la Mike's w/ tramps, Ice on those slide things, jumping during Divided Sky, Guelah/Cavern dance...)
a

rowjimmy