News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

did this lame ass shit happen to anyone else

Started by whyweigh5.0, October 18, 2008, 10:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: caravan2001 on October 18, 2008, 10:46:11 AM
II got through on the capture before 10:01 and I had a 1 minute wait, than a 3 minute wait, then back to one minute, and at 10:04 it let me in.....only to say no more tix

same here. got through instantly at 10, no issue with the words, got to a screen saying i had 2 minutes to wait, and then it just went up a few minutes, down a few minutes, and finally at 10:04 i was told they had nothing.  :x

McGrupp

I honestly don't know that not using ticketmaster would increase fans chances of getting tickets. The reason why it was so hard to get tickets to these shows is because Phish is one of the most popular acts in the world. The more fans you have, the harder it is for each one to get tickets.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

blastoplast

I agree.  It's just a shame that Ticketmaster "runs out" of tickets, only to suggest a company they own that is offering more tickets at ten times the price.
If you listen too closely to the sound, you might miss the music.  -Jim Henson

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

blatboom

the whole ticketmaster thing is just another form of lottery.  we were all in at the same time and it's just a matter of luck of who gets through.

toughest. Phish. tickets. ever.

nab

I tried to grab some tickets to help one of you guys out if I got them.  No luck here either.

mattstick

Quote from: blastoplast on October 18, 2008, 03:00:55 PM
Didn't Pearl Jam do tours without using Ticketmaster?  Not a Pearl Jam fan, but I seem to remember that.  Maybe if Phish still does the summer festival things like they used to, they could sell all the tickets themselves.  Forget ticketmaster.

AFAIK they successfully sued for the right to sell more tickets through their fan club.

Ticketmaster ain't going away...  Just think of this as practice for 10/31/09 tickets.

Quote from: blatboom on October 18, 2008, 03:47:09 PM

Doubt it, I was pretty surprised how many people on here got something.

Phunkaddict

got in 2 min went to 15 , also got through on the phone, by the time I got through the menu it was 10:06.
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on October 18, 2008, 04:07:10 PM
Quote from: blatboom on October 18, 2008, 03:47:09 PM

Doubt it, I was pretty surprised how many people on here got something.

Well, what then?  other than my e-friends here, I don't know a single person that scored.  Scalper tickets weren't nearly as high last go-round.  and even if they are temporary, they're not gonna drop nearly as low as what they were in '03 (or I don't think so at least)

mattstick

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on October 18, 2008, 04:17:16 PM

RCMH 2000 was my first thought.

Right.  but this is three nights.  look at all the people who couldn't get into one.

edit:  what does RCMH hold?  5000-6000?

rowjimmy

Ticketmaster is on its way to falling down a couple pegs. the vast number of venues in the US that are owned by Live Nation or are booked by Live Nation will see the end of their TicketMaster contract end next year.

Then we can start hating LiveNation ticketing.

(LiveNation is the entertainment faction of Clear Channel, btw.)

whyweigh5.0

I'm going to get a head start and just start hating everything now
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

birdman

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on October 18, 2008, 06:20:12 PM
I'm going to get a head start and just start hating everything now

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Paug FTMFW!

Caravan2001

Quote from: cactusfan on October 18, 2008, 03:06:40 PM
Quote from: caravan2001 on October 18, 2008, 10:46:11 AM
II got through on the capture before 10:01 and I had a 1 minute wait, than a 3 minute wait, then back to one minute, and at 10:04 it let me in.....only to say no more tix

same here. got through instantly at 10, no issue with the words, got to a screen saying i had 2 minutes to wait, and then it just went up a few minutes, down a few minutes, and finally at 10:04 i was told they had nothing.  :x

me too, exactly...Icould not have gotten in sooner or more smoothly.....luck of the draw I guess.....and yes, PJ did tour without using TM...