News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

from a reliable source...

Started by mattstick, October 21, 2008, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Phish is simply too big for a lot of these places, banned or not.  I was just at RR and can't imagine what that place would be like if they landed there for a couple days  :-o  '96 may seem like a walk in the park.

rowjimmy

Nissan has only one thing going for it, location-wise.

My parents are willing babysitters who live one exit away...

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 24, 2008, 02:14:35 PM
Nissan has only one thing going for it, location-wise.

My parents are willing babysitters who live one exit away...

:-D  I was gonna say.  For me, the location sucks!  Its an hour and a half, and that's without traffic. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Clearly you need to abandon the beautiful city by the bay in favor of a location more central to your regional amphitheaters.

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 24, 2008, 02:20:31 PM
Clearly you need to abandon the beautiful city by the bay in favor of a location more central to your regional amphitheaters.

:-D  true.  What was I thinking.   :frustrated:

Hicks

Dude that new avatar has gotta go antelope!   :wink:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on October 24, 2008, 02:32:05 PM

Just because antelope has cut his hair, there's not reason he can't use his old photos as avatars.

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 24, 2008, 02:43:16 PM
Just because antelope has cut his hair, there's not reason he can't use his old photos as avatars.

:lol:

It's a temp.  I think it's pretty damn funny, but........we'll call it a transitional from "Runs with Scissors"

Gumbo72203

Phish will most certainly NOT play bonaroo.  Theres a reason they didn't get invited back to Jazz fest.  Phish would at least double the amount of people/demand for Bonaroo tickets, and they simply can't deal with that. 

Although, the idea is tempting, because all those faggy haters who think Phish are some frollicky, Grateful Dead folky rock type band would be made to look like COMPLETE fools.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

nab

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 24, 2008, 11:02:50 PM
Phish will most certainly NOT play bonaroo.  Theres a reason they didn't get invited back to Jazz fest.  Phish would at least double the amount of people/demand for Bonaroo tickets, and they simply can't deal with that. 

Although, the idea is tempting, because all those faggy haters who think Phish are some frollicky, Grateful Dead folky rock type band would be made to look like COMPLETE fools.

Say what?

-k

Edit: Might of rushed to judgment with the -k, but what do you mean?

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 24, 2008, 02:43:16 PM

The Best Mollet Ever Known To Man Kind!!!!!!  :mrgreen: +K
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

kellerb

Quote from: nab on October 24, 2008, 11:59:25 PM

Say what?

-k

Edit: Might of rushed to judgment with the -k, but what do you mean?
Fraggley? Personally, I think Phish may be down with fraggle rock, but I don't know about the haterz

thechad

Quote from: sunrisevt on October 24, 2008, 12:07:11 PM
I know it happened--my cousin was there--but I have trouble imagining traffic in & around Placid with  :phish: in town.

I was there in '95 and '96 and it wasn't because of the traffic, it was the same story that went out after snoe.down was there last, that some local found some needles in their front lawn and that they lived across the street from a day care center.  If it's true or not, I can't say.

Quote from: shoreline99 on October 24, 2008, 12:45:49 PM
Pretty sure it was the town. Traffic sucks in Placid on a good day. Friend of ours has the head shop on the main drag there, I'll ask her the next time i see her.

It's not to bad, the wife and I go down for brunch at the Hilton or dinner at the Greek steakhouse, even in middle of the ski season it's not to terrible.  I picked up a  :syf: hoodie at your friends store a few years ago and it's one of the best that I've ever owned, next time I'm in town I'm going to stop in and get another.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Declan

send me the gumbo 07/22/03 god dammit !?
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

mattstick

Typical Bonnaroo attendance is between 80,000 and 100,000 - so you're saying there would be at least double that, so 160,000+ ticket requests?  Numbers are way off bro.

So many of the people who go to Bonnaroo already love Phish, and there are clearly people who would stay home and wait for another festival/summer shed show. 

Everybody who is freaking out over this idea just has no clue - it will happen, and it will go over just fine, and I will probably be there to say "I told you so".