News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What kinds of things have you sold on tour?

Started by lifeboy13, November 08, 2008, 09:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Nothing.  The one tour I did I had saved enough money for food, tickets, and gas.  I took a job as a warehouse clerk, and worked forty hours a week and ended up with just over three grand.  I bought all my tickets through Phish Tickets By Mail or Ticketmaster. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

The only thing we ever sold were Jello shots in the lot at Big Cypress(made with the finest of vodkas, of course).  It was kind of a random thought by my friend and I the night before we rolled out, but we stacked them on baking trays in a big cooler and they actually made it all the way down from Va > Big Cypress.  We got to our spot and decided we wanted to go explore so we took'em with us.  As soon as we started "advertising" 1 for 3 or 2 for 5, we sold out that evening and it ended up funding our gas for the whole trip.  I doubt you'd be able to do that with the price of gas these days. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

Bobafett

i've sold it all...nugs, shroom tea(with double money back guarantee, only one guy came back, and he was f'd up!), i ususally have a vial at shows, grilled cheese, water, cheap beer, hemp, glass...what a whore!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

redrum

Quote from: mattstick on November 10, 2008, 09:06:11 AM
beer/water/soda

^^^ that's pretty much what we re-upped on for every show.

but summer97 i hand made some cool ass nug jars.
i went to the local hardware store, got like 50 clear glass jars, went to the local head shop for some marley, jgb, gd and phish stickers.
applied the stickers and wrapped/glued the rest of the jar with hemp twine.

i actually got gordo to sign the cap of one.

they were pretty dope.
anyone remember seeing or buying one of them?

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mattstick

This is bad but we used to basically steal water and soda from WalMart by moving around price signs and insisting that they sell us 24's of soda and water for $1.84 or whatever.

rowjimmy

Before I was 21, I sold coca-cola in the lot to pay for parking/gas. I pretty much did just that.

Later, I didn't vend too much. I only went to a few shows per tour so I saved up for what I was gonna see. There were a couple shows where I sold some excellent home-brewed beer. They went like hotcakes and were very very profitable.

Anything else, I'm likely to deny.

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

keeb333

We sold a bunch of mangos for a buck apiece at the 11-15-98 show outside Nashville!

I was surprised how many people actually bought them, too!  We could have sold twice as many as we brought!

Ellis Dee

headies,gatorade,water,brownies& answers..

gave up on gatorade & water after a show...not enough $ in it for me...have more respect for the people who sell grilled cheese now though...

xanadux3

the wife and I raged magnets on the east coast leg of summer 03 and camden and conventry in 04. They were glass magnets with phish logos and whatnot. They were a huge hit, we made enough money to cover gas and parking at most shows, we also traded them for everything and anything, from posters to grilled cheese. The best part was my wife could make them in the car while we were en route to shows. maybe some of you here bought some from us. I pitched them as "Fridge Candy"...
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

disco

nothing.....I always worked like a crazy man before and saved enough money to spend foolishly
I was never good at selling anything when I couldn't tell which way was up anyway  :roll:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

Ellis Dee

lifeboy13

Quote from: disco on November 12, 2008, 01:46:42 AM
nothing.....I always worked like a crazy man before and saved enough money to spend foolishly
I was never good at selling anything when I couldn't tell which way was up anyway  :roll:
I believe in spending foolishly too.  I'll buy a grilled cheese from someone just to spread the wealth. And if I can't find any decent smokables at the lot to purchase I'll just buy more hemp necklaces and shirts lol!!
Good Day, Every Day!

G. Augusto

Quote from: lifeboy13 on November 12, 2008, 06:12:53 PM
Quote from: disco on November 12, 2008, 01:46:42 AM
I believe in spending foolishly too.  I'll buy a grilled cheese from someone just to spread the wealth. And if I can't find any decent smokables at the lot to purchase I'll just buy more hemp necklaces and shirts lol!!

:lol: