News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The RUMOR MILL THREAD for **ALL RUMORS** [individual threads will be deleted]

Started by redrum, November 29, 2008, 09:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: mopper_smurf on December 01, 2008, 01:53:19 AM
Phish played a lot of fests in Europe .... Roskilde, Loreley, Glastonbury (near Stonehenge, no wonder they opened with Wilson)
Quote from: thechad on December 01, 2008, 02:31:34 AM
They also played Laguna Seca Daze in '94 and once they were bigger what other festie were they going to play, The Gathering of the Vibes, High Sierra?  There weren't any festivals big enough to handle them playing, now that there is and it is a well established one, there is no reason for them not to.

Exactly.

In the U.S., fests like Bonnaroo didn't exist in Phish's past. Now, Phish is setting out as a more streamlined entity.

Also, this:
Quote from: lifeboy13 on November 30, 2008, 11:22:18 PM
I Think the line ups are getting worse.  Won't be long untill more violent crowds start showing up and next thing you know, they will be burning down Biffy's and other crap. Kinda wish I woulda hit the first 2 though.

Is crap. Perhaps you don't like the lineups of late.. I'll give you that. But the last two years they had Metallica and Tool as headliners.
No issues there.

Ellis Dee

spring tour in the works...should be nice considering they haven't done one since '94...also bonnaroo is a very strong possiblility...

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Ellis Dee

Quote from: redrum on December 01, 2008, 09:58:38 AM
Quote from: Ellis Dee on December 01, 2008, 08:58:52 AM
also bonnaroo is a very strong possiblility...

for you or the band?

a very strong possibility for the band...which may as well = a definite for me...

sunrisevt

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 01, 2008, 07:40:11 AM
Also, this:
I Think the line ups are getting worse.  Won't be long untill more violent crowds start showing up and next thing you know, they will be burning down Biffy's and other crap. Kinda wish I woulda hit the first 2 though.

Is crap. Perhaps you don't like the lineups of late.. I'll give you that. But the last two years they had Metallica and Tool as headliners.
No issues there.

I sure hope you're right, but my general sense has been that the more acts & the more variety you get at festivals, the greater the potential for violence and generally unpleasant mayhem. I love the variety, but the crowd at a Phish festival always seemed a little more chill on average than that at a major multi-act one like 'roo.

This is based on a few  :phish: fests and Bonnarroo 2004, mostly.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sophist

Quote from: sunrisevt on December 01, 2008, 11:14:30 AM
Also, this:

No issues there.

I sure hope you're right, but my general sense has been that the more acts & the more variety you get at festivals, the greater the potential for violence and generally unpleasant mayhem. I love the variety, but the crowd at a Phish festival always seemed a little more chill on average than that at a major multi-act one like 'roo.

:wink:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: Sophist on December 01, 2008, 11:20:40 AM
Also, this:

No issues there.

:wink:

Full episode: http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103815

mattstick

We went over this last time.  There may be isolated acts of violence, in a crowd of 60,000+ that's gonna happen - but there is NO CHANCE that widespread looting, violence or "unpleasant mayhem".  The fest is too well run, people are there to chill and the vibes are always good regardless of the variety of bands. 

I've been to all but one Bonnaroo and consider myself a good judge of bad scenes, 'Roo ain't one of them.

redrum

call me prejudice, but if i pay $150+ to go see phish at a festival, i want to see phish at a festival.
and 6 (possibly more) sets of phish at a festival.
i want to be surrounded by like-minded people who feel the same way i do.
people that share that undying love and over-obsessiveness that i have for the phish.

and just to let you know my "pseudo-reality, misconceptions and complaints" about bonneroo traffic was was based on the 24 > 48 hours that i've waited in phish fest traffic on top of the "2 hours" or whatever the average wait time to get into bonneroo is or will be in the future.

i was simply saying that if i'm in festival traffic, i'd rather it be only phish vs. phish plus however many other wooks are coming to see metallica, tool and the police. ya dig?

---

rowjimmy

gimmetela

redrum

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 01, 2008, 12:27:05 PM
Phish-only festival vs Phish @ Bonnaroo

vs

thats all you got?
that saying is older than the interweb itself.

---

rowjimmy

Quote from: redrum on December 01, 2008, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 01, 2008, 12:27:05 PM
Phish-only festival vs Phish @ Bonnaroo

vs

thats all you got?
that saying is older than the interweb itself.

Still true.
Were it not, you'd have had a comeback.

redrum

---

redrum

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 01, 2008, 12:33:18 PM
Were it not, you'd have had a comeback.

a comeback?

i guess i'm just missing whatever it is exactly that you're trying to point out.

---