News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The RUMOR MILL THREAD for **ALL RUMORS** [individual threads will be deleted]

Started by redrum, November 29, 2008, 09:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

I'm still hoping for a last minute Sirius Sunday show in NYC to end the tour ala The Met.

Seems unlikely, but it just seemed odd to end their tour on a Saturday...
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

I'm seeing rumored dated for Summer and if true, it proves that Phish hate me being a corporate accountant! 2nd-4th. Prime close dates in the corporate hotel accounting world.

And I checked to see about hotels those days and even with my Employee discount the rooms are already $200 a night.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 30, 2023, 12:11:00 PMI'm seeing rumored dated for Summer and if true, it proves that Phish hate me being a corporate accountant! 2nd-4th. Prime close dates in the corporate hotel accounting world.

And I checked to see about hotels those days and even with my Employee discount the rooms are already $200 a night.

Post them please

mistercharlie

Grain of salt and what not...

(maybe) 7/16 Shoreline
(maybe) 7/17 BMO Stadium
7/19-21 Gorge
(maybe) 7/24 KC
7/26-28 Alpine 
7/30-31 STL (or Savannah)
8/2-4 Deer Creek (or Alpharetta/Raleigh?)
8/6-7 Great Woods or Suffolk Downs
8/9-10(-11) Bethel

8/15-18 Dover

8/(29-)30-9/1 Dick's
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Shoreline, LA (in a soccer Stadium) then Gorge seems like drunk posting. I could see the first two getting switched but I seriously question the idea of Phish playing a soccer stadium in LA.

But what do I know?

If Raleigh pops up I may see Phish this year.

Not holding my breath. Thinking Dover has the East Coast on lock.

emay

Yeah if they don't return to Hollywood Bowl when they back in the LA area in the spring then mgmt is F'in up. Id take Forum too tho

rowjimmy

Quote from: emay on November 30, 2023, 01:21:21 PMYeah if they don't return to Hollywood Bowl when they back in the LA area in the spring then mgmt is F'in up. Id take Forum too tho

I've seen talk of Seattle dates in April. Real logic would have a little West Coast action leading up to Vegas but Phish doesn't always Phish the way I think Phish should.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 30, 2023, 01:29:13 PM
Quote from: emay on November 30, 2023, 01:21:21 PMYeah if they don't return to Hollywood Bowl when they back in the LA area in the spring then mgmt is F'in up. Id take Forum too tho

I've seen talk of Seattle dates in April. Real logic would have a little West Coast action leading up to Vegas but Phish doesn't always Phish the way I think Phish should.

Vegas does not require the lighting and sound rig that tour requires. That stuff is built into the place... so there is no real reason to book a tour around it. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 30, 2023, 04:32:46 PM

Vegas does not require the lighting and sound rig that tour requires. That stuff is built into the place... so there is no real reason to book a tour around it.

Other than the commonly held belief that Phish is better when they've been playing.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 30, 2023, 04:48:50 PM

Other than the commonly held belief that Phish is better when they've been playing.
yeah. There's that. But I bet they rehearse like crazy for this run. It's high-profile. Plus, I bet they put in at least a week of tech rehearsals in the room just to make sure it's all good. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Opps meant to put summer works too. I guess west coast > Midwest July makes sense into the festy. 

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 30, 2023, 05:10:11 PM

yeah. There's that. But I bet they rehearse like crazy for this run. It's high-profile. Plus, I bet they put in at least a week of tech rehearsals in the room just to make sure it's all good.
And, setlists will be pre-written to some degree ala BD. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on November 30, 2023, 05:59:01 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 30, 2023, 05:10:11 PM

And, setlists will be pre-written to some degree ala BD. 
I'm thinking something like that, too. CK5 is gonna need to have some stuff ready and know when/how to use it.

emay

birdman

Paug FTMFW!