News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

dvd from 6/17 & Coventry

Started by ucusty, January 17, 2005, 01:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRAZYED

Good thread.  I agree with most of the people in that I really enjoyed coventry.  I think the location was perfect actually, vermont is SO Beautiful and I did not have a clue about it until I got there, and secondly you cant plan for that kind of weather and it was just shitty luck.  As for the music sucking, sure it did, but honestly I didnt go there just for the music.  Sure everyone wants to get 0wned by the phish we love, but I went there because I wanted to see my favorite band off as well as have one more time out with my friends/tour friends and have a good time, and in the end the bands poor playing and the shity weather didnt stop us from having a great time.  As my friend Phillybrah said since the start of the tour, its the "no hate tour, just enjoy it".

Itsnotanexperience

interesing view jimmyrow - me too.............i sat in my old apartment, shortly before
moving to my g/f's and my new house, and listened to the last night, sadly, in total
shock..........having caught total magic at both alpine shows, coventry was mind-blowing
in how fragile it eneded up being.........i agree w/ funk - there were some great, last time
jams, but overall, very hard to listen to..............i remember, as a kid, listening to the "last"
who show in december of '82, and those m-fuckers  banged it out!!!!  to this day, i will never quite
get why the composed section were so rough...........i mean, i understand the emotion and the pain
from phans and bandmates alike.......but the curtain is an EASY song to play..........but hey, i'm sorry,
i'm not going to diss the boys' last performance........it was just disappointing.........they so rose to
so many occasions.............

Gumbo72203

heres a comment id like to interject, now that the topic is quasi phish-playing-poorly  ha

but dude.. if you really bear down and examine this shit...  Gordon, Fish, and Page would *always* rage while Trey, imo, is the only place in post-hiatus stuff where... it can be said that they played poorly.

but then again you still must figure into that the bittersweet motel thing.

gahh craziness
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

cleech74

Saw Coventry from a movie theatre in MD.  Although it wasn't actually being at the show, the people there those two nights made up for it.  Glowstick wars, people dancin' in the aisles, and an actual parking lot scene.  The employees of the theatre were very cool, which helped the party atmosphere.  Lots of fun!  And I wanted my experience to end that way.  Had friends that mucked it up to VT, but did not have the same experience I had b/c they were bitter about the "end" and all the mud.  Bunch of sissies if you ask me. :wink:

Was a little dissapointed about the Curtain With, but the band and especially Trey were very caught up in the moment.  Yes, it was very sad.

And I loved Jedifunk's post.  You really hit the nail on the head about the Velvet Sea, it too gets me every time... :cry:

I'd still like to have a DVD of this.  I mean we all have the tapes, why not the video also.  If the band ever wants to put this one out, some will buy it.  Just b/c it's what we do.

And I loved the idea of seeing a show from the movie theatre.  More bands should look into this.  Although you gotta have some clout in the music biz to pull that one off.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

Hokker

Again with the emotion of the moment argument. Big Cypress was when they were seriously thinking of calling it quits and they pulled off two brilliant shows! Refer to the shoreline shows before the hiatus and again they pulled off some great send off shows. The emotion of the moment is evident but those times it made for great shows that transend the emotion and shine because the players want to do their very best and would practice enough to be able to pull it off. I was blown away by the greatness shown on the 03 tours. The show I saw (2-18-03 Denver) was a face melter. and there are some really great stuff played in 99 and 2000(I guess I am saying that I am not a "post hiatus snob"). I have the disks of Coventry archived but most likely won't listen to them again because of my aversion to watching (or in this case listening to) a train wreck. I made mix disks of other performances of those songs for both shows and that is what I listen to instead. I know this goes against every other opinion on this thread oh well opinions are like assholes... everyone has one and everyone else's stinks.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible."
― Frank Zappa

susep

I listen to the jam out of Bag, Reba Chill and the sick Funk jam out of SOAM where Trey had visible tears even in this their last true great funk excursion.  I expect to see Cypress DVD complete released in the near future.

ucusty

f- the mud we had to walk 17.5 miles to see this puppy.  even though the show wasnt your best, it was worth it. and I would do it all again

phish, now that was a great band

somebody blow up phish headquarters, they still havent released the brooklyn dvd's wtf?