News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Clifford Ball 7 DVD Set drops now

Started by mattstick, January 07, 2009, 11:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Picked my review copy at the post office today. Had to sign for it - straight from da friendly folks at phish.com.

They have thrown in an promo audio sampler  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

chalk dust torture
sparkle >
fee
dwd
nicu
amazing grace
reba
cars truck buses
slave to the traffic light
wilson
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 31, 2009, 03:07:18 PM
Picked my review copy at the post office today. Had to sign for it - straight from da friendly folks at phish.com.

They have thrown in an promo audio sampler  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

chalk dust torture
sparkle >
fee
dwd
nicu
amazing grace
reba
cars truck buses
slave to the traffic light
wilson

Cool that you got a sampler!

I got this set at the beginning of the month, but had not opened it yet.  Hicks came over on Friday, and we gave this sucker a screening.  Great packaging, nice booklet, and good schwag.  i was impressed before playing the discs.  We watched the second night, sets 2 and 3, and the extras disc.  All really great!  Great sound and good camera work makes this probably my fave video release from The Phish.  After screening most of day 2, we popped in the extras disc and I really liked the doc and the flatbead jam, plus all the short stuff too.  All really well done.  I watched the 1st day the next day and that crushes too.  2 thumbs up from this reviewer.  And we saw Birdman setting his tent up.  Big ups to Hicks for hooking up the trees!

blatboom

Quote from: caravan2001 on March 31, 2009, 10:36:17 PM
After screening most of day 2, we popped in the extras disc and I really liked the doc and the flatbead jam, plus all the short stuff too.  All really well done. 

the soundcheck!  :-o :-o :-o

Caravan2001

Quote from: blatboom on March 31, 2009, 11:33:09 PM
Quote from: caravan2001 on March 31, 2009, 10:36:17 PM
After screening most of day 2, we popped in the extras disc and I really liked the doc and the flatbead jam, plus all the short stuff too.  All really well done. 

the soundcheck!  :-o :-o :-o

That rules too!! My birthday!

redrum

so am i the only one that noticed that they don't show Page at all during the sound check when he's playing the theremin.

wtf's up with that?!
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

kellerb

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2009, 04:50:15 PM
so am i the only one that noticed that they don't show Page at all during the sound check when he's playing the theremin.

wtf's up with that?!

Theremins don't make any sound when being filmed.  Its part of their mystique.

mopper_smurf

The teddy bear with the eye patch in PYITE ...
The Heartbreaker tease in Wilson ...
Pollock making prints ...

And will there ever be a Phish LG? A really long LG ....
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

whatapiper

For this show I was sixteen, stole my dads shitty mercury topaz with two buddies o mine, no lie put a rock on top of a note in his parking space that said "went to New York."   They had forbid me to go due to bad judgement decisions earlier in the summer :roll:

I can barely remember the first day(my first show) but the 2nd set of day 2 changed my life, literally.   I will never forget the level of energy during that set, I was transported to another world.   Everything from the crisp night air to Ben and Jerry's cameo will forever be remembered, it truly was a magical show.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: kellerb on April 04, 2009, 05:46:03 PM
Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2009, 04:50:15 PM

wtf's up with that?!

Theremins don't make any sound when being filmed.  Its part of their mystique.
I heard that you become invisible when playing playing the Theremin... Which is another part of its mystique...

But aside from that I think that this is hands down the best DVD footage out there of PHISH!!! I love it...
Not to mention it was my first show...  :-D
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

VA $l!m

Quote from: whatapiper on April 06, 2009, 12:46:25 AM
For this show I was sixteen, stole my dads shitty mercury topaz with two buddies o mine, no lie put a rock on top of a note in his parking space that said "went to New York."   They had forbid me to go due to bad judgement decisions earlier in the summer :roll:

I can barely remember the first day(my first show) but the 2nd set of day 2 changed my life, literally.   I will never forget the level of energy during that set, I was transported to another world.   Everything from the crisp night air to Ben and Jerry's cameo will forever be remembered, it truly was a magical show.

awesome.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

skunked by neil young's Archives Vol. I (1963-1972), for Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package in this years grammy's
http://www.grammy.com/nominees?category=175

damn you neil.

kellerb

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 31, 2010, 09:15:20 PM
skunked by neil young's Archives Vol. I (1963-1972), for Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package in this years grammy's
http://www.grammy.com/nominees?category=175

damn you neil.

Yeah, but "Archives Vol. I" has been anticipated since Grammy voters listened to music.  That's a long time ago.