News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

its all STS9

Started by woodsyn2o, January 29, 2009, 07:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsyn2o

http://sts9store.com/Store/ChooseTicket.aspx

any one hitting any of this

"LIVE PA SET" BY STS9  Fri 01/30 Sold Out!
THE NOTE   West Chester, PA
   Sold Out!
"LIVE PA SET" BY STS9 Sat 01/31 Sold Out!
BOWERY BALLROOM   New York, NY
   Sold Out!
OFFICIAL STS9 AFTER PARTY Sat 01/31
LE POISSON ROUGE   New York, NY
   Buy Tickets
Thu 02/26
THE FILLMORE   San Francisco, CA
   More Info
Fri 02/27
   More Info
Sat 02/28
   More Info
Sun 03/01
   More Info
Thu 03/05
MCDONALD THEATRE   Eugene, OR
   Buy Tickets
Fri 03/06
ROSELAND THEATER   Portland, OR
   Buy Tickets
Sat 03/07
ROSELAND THEATER   Portland, OR
   Buy Tickets
Thu 03/12
ORPHEUM THEATRE   Madison, WI
   Buy Tickets
Fri 03/13
CONGRESS THEATER   Chicago, IL
   Buy Tickets
Sat 03/14
THE PAGEANT   St. Louis, MO
   Buy Tickets
Tue 03/17
ORANGE PEEL   Asheville, NC
   More Info
Wed 03/18
ORANGE PEEL   Asheville, NC
   More Info
Thu 03/19 Sold Out!
GEORGIA THEATRE   Athens, GA
   Sold Out!
Fri 03/20 Sold Out!
   Sold Out!
Sat 03/21 Sold Out!
   Sold Out!
Wed 06/03
WAKARUSA MUSIC FESTIVAL   Ozark, AR
   More Info
Fri 07/24
FILLMORE AUDITORIUM   Denver, CO
   More Info
Sat 07/25
RED ROCKS AMPHITHEATRE   Morrison, CO

peace
woodsy

McGrupp

Red rocks would be dope - but that's about the only place I'd pay to see STS9.

I won't spoil this thread with my sour outlook on tribe. Just don't like em that much anymore!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

woodsyn2o

Quote from: McGrupp on January 30, 2009, 08:53:44 AM

I won't spoil this thread with my sour outlook on tribe. Just don't like em that much anymore!

after seeing ph for so long when they stoped this was the band that stood out for me in a sea of shit bands that people were raven over.
thanks for your in put

peace
woodsy

McGrupp

Quote from: woodsyn2o on January 30, 2009, 05:29:00 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on January 30, 2009, 08:53:44 AM

after seeing ph for so long when they stoped this was the band that stood out for me in a sea of shit bands that people were raven over.
thanks for your in put

STS9 used to be awesome - back when they were a jam band. Now, the scene has totally taken over, and these guys just don't have to do much. PA sets are kind of a cop out in my opinion - as are the use of laptops. But hey, that's just my opinion. Call me a "jam band purist" if you will  :-)

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Casey Lenahan

Ill agree to that, but I like STS9 because again their one of those bands out there who stand out, who try something different, unique, and they do a hell of a job.

My only complaint/suggestion would be: why cant Hunter just let go and just rip a ten min mean guitar solo, there is plenty of space for it.
I owe Aug $20

McGrupp

Quote from: tehdead on January 31, 2009, 09:18:36 AM
Ill agree to that, but I like STS9 because again their one of those bands out there who stand out, who try something different, unique, and they do a hell of a job.

My only complaint/suggestion would be: why cant Hunter just let go and just rip a ten min mean guitar solo, there is plenty of space for it.

I would probably like them a lot more if that happened  :beers:

Casey Lenahan

He does have really nice melodies, but the guy needs to grow a set and let it rip on occasion.
I owe Aug $20

Poster Nutbag

Just another band that I love that now chooses to blow off us Arizonians... It is really grinding to considering that it used to be a bi-annual stop for there tour bus...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

WhatstheUse?

caught the PA Set in Boston the other night and was bored out of my mind, left sometime in the first set.

I had seen them before as a band and enjoyed myself, but this DJ set thing is ridiculous, who wants to watch a band sit there and press buttons? 

Not me...
Bring in the dude!

Casey Lenahan

I just find the fact they are trying a whole new wave of music/technology. Ive never listened to a PA show, never card too, im not a "PA" kinda person. Im not a fan of DJ's, just not my cup of tea.
I owe Aug $20