News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Andy Richter back on Conan!!!

Started by westcider, February 26, 2009, 06:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcider

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/02/andy_richter_to_rejoin_conan_o.php

Andy Richter to Rejoin Conan O'Brien as 'Tonight Show' Announcer

By Josef Adalian

Andy Richter is reuniting with Conan O'Brien, signing on to serve as announcer for Mr. O'Brien's new incarnation of "The Tonight Show."

NBC is expected to announce the decision later today.

Mr. Richter and Mr. O'Brien entered the pop culture landscape together in 1993, with Mr. Richter serving as sidekick to Mr. O'Brien when Mr. O'Brien took over from David Letterman as host of NBC's "Late Night." Mr. Richter left "Late Night" in 2000 to focus on acting.

On "Tonight," Mr. Richter will not be a nightly desk-side presence as he was on "Late Night." He will, however, participate in both live and pre-taped comedy bits.

"Andy is one of the funniest people I know, and we've maintained a close friendship since he left 'Late Night,'" Mr. O'Brien said. "We have a proven chemistry that will be an incredible asset to 'The Tonight Show.'"

What's more, there's a practical reason for Mr. Richter to join the "Tonight Show" team. "He owes me $300," Mr. O'Brien said.

Mr. Richter was the last non-musical guest on the final edition of "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" last week.

Since leaving "Late Night," Mr. Richter has been the lead in two half-hour network comedies, the critically acclaimed "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" and "Andy Barker, P.I." He also has appeared in feature films "Talladega Nights," "Blades of Glory," "Semi-Pro" and "Elf." He'll next be seen this summer in the Fox feature "They Came From Upstairs."

Mr. Richter is represented by CAA and manager Tim Sarkes.

Mr. O'Brien and Mr. Richter will make their "Tonight" debuts on June 1. Jeff Ross is the show's executive producer.

:clap:

nab

Mr Minor

THose were the best years of Conan!  I can't wait to see them together again.

sls.stormyrider

He was on the last night of Late Night
very cool
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

ytowndan

Can't wait for the oldschool reunion!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

westcider

though I will miss Joel, or as Conan put it on the last show, one of the greatest Dada-esque performers to ever walk the planet

redrum

i'm def a fan of Conan.
Andy must've been psyched to get that call.
i'm sure they've got plenty of funny to catch up on together.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PhishPhan

Groovy news and an even groovier commercial.