News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

December 6, 1997 - The Palace Of Auburn Hills 2CD is quite expensive now

Started by mopper_smurf, April 30, 2022, 11:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Hicks

It says Limited right there on the Discogs page bro.

Also, best Tweezer ever doesn't hurt. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mopper_smurf

QuoteIt says Limited right there on the Discogs page bro.

Also, best Tweezer ever doesn't hurt. 

I saw that, but more than $200 is a lot for a 2CD imo. Anybody know how much of these were made?
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

It's for sale for $225, that doesn't mean it's selling for $225.  Just because one dufus paid $200 before doesn't mean it's worth that much.  Discogs is awful for inflating prices.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 30, 2022, 07:53:02 PMIt's for sale for $225, that doesn't mean it's selling for $225.  Just because one dufus paid $200 before doesn't mean it's worth that much.  Discogs is awful for inflating prices.
Two doofuses!

The fact that it's only sold on Discogs twice on their price tracker and now there's only one for sale would indicate there's probably not many of them out there.

Probably a run of 500 or less.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

If you want a real head scratcher, check out the listing for Sigma Oasis on CD.

https://www.discogs.com/release/16293036-Phish-Sigma-Oasis

Only sold once on Discogs! Looks like it was right when it came out and then nothing since. I honestly don't even remember seeing it for sale, it must have been a Dry Goods exclusive and probably limited to only a couple thousand copies.

And we're talking about a full on studio album, not just some random archival release.

Pretty crazy that the CD is not even purchasable at any price and yet you can get the vinyl for less than $20.

Suffice to say, it will probably be a bit more than $14.99 when a CD copy surfaces again. 

mopper_smurf

Thanks, guys. I noticed the price and I went WTF. Listening to that Tweezer right now. It's been awhile.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mattstick

Also weird because the Niagara Falls 95 CDs released pretty much at the same time still sells for what it originally cost.

Have you seen the price of the Two Soundchecks 7"?  There's 2K of those.

mistercharlie

QuoteAlso weird because the Niagara Falls 95 CDs released pretty much at the same time still sells for what it originally cost.

But... they've got Jugglers with FIYA!!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

QuoteAlso weird because the Niagara Falls 95 CDs released pretty much at the same time still sells for what it originally cost.

But... they've got Jugglers with FIYA!!!!

Don't care about the jugglers and shit, but it is a fun release. More please.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on May 01, 2022, 05:14:56 PMAlso weird because the Niagara Falls 95 CDs released pretty much at the same time still sells for what it originally cost.

Keep trying to find one for Heath since he is on the cover. I had to custy up on eBay for mine after it came out but $50 seems like a deal now. I must have gone to 15 stores that day and came up empty handed.

Gumbo72203

i had no clue this was even on CD, i wish i did.  The Island Tour discs go for a lot too, but mine are beat up and i don't want to sell them haha. 

Dick's Picks CDs are fetching a lot as well.  its crazy.

EDIT:

man i wish i kept my Road to Vegas 96 cd in better shape haha. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again