News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Hampton Set Lists Thread

Started by redrum, February 25, 2009, 01:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 25, 2009, 05:09:35 PM
Well, in an attempt to save this thread before a quick death, I will give some actual input.....

Hampton 95 is fall 95 sickness, with one of the first rotation jams which must have been great to witness

Hampton 96 - not really familiar with this show...

Hampton 97 is the obvious choice for best Hampton shows IMO, I have a hard time picking a favorite between the two, they both have to many highlights

Hampton 98 pretty much sucks, besides Tube, decent Melt and Mikes Song not much else sticks out for me.  Why they released these 2 shows over so manyt other good runs blows my mind.

Hampton 99 Both pretty solid shows that got the fall 99 space funk thing going on, i dig em

Hampton 03 - ouch....

Hampton 04 - nothing spectacular (not much was in 04) but better than most shows that year IMO

I am sure I'm in the minority here, but I think your review of '98 is a little harsh.  I thought the shows were great in person and I still enjoy listening to them occasionaly.  So I guess I really don't think they "suck".  You're obviously bitter that they chose the '98 shows over the '97 shows for the Box Set like the rest of the world.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: antelope19 on February 25, 2009, 05:12:28 PM
Well, in an attempt to save this thread before a quick death, I will give some actual input.....

Hampton 95 is fall 95 sickness, with one of the first rotation jams which must have been great to witness

Hampton 97 is the obvious choice for best Hampton shows IMO, I have a hard time picking a favorite between the two, they both have to many highlights

Hampton 98 pretty much sucks, besides Tube, decent Melt and Mikes Song not much else sticks out for me.  Why they released these 2 shows over so manyt other good runs blows my mind.

Hampton 99 Both pretty solid shows that got the fall 99 space funk thing going on, i dig em

Hampton 03 - ouch....

Hampton 04 - nothing spectacular (not much was in 04) but better than most shows that year IMO

I am sure I'm in the minority here, but I think your review of '98 is a little harsh.  I thought the shows were great in person and I still enjoy listening to them occasionaly.  So I guess I really don't think they "suck".  You're obviously bitter that they chose the '98 shows over the '97 shows for the Box Set like the rest of the world.   :-D

true, I was a bit harsh.  They really don't suck at all, pretty solid playing throughout.....just no big highlights at all, not Box Set worthy IMO (Like 97 :-D)
Bring in the dude!

Ri©h

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 25, 2009, 05:15:22 PM

Hampton 03 - ouch....

true, I was a bit harsh.  They really don't suck at all, pretty solid playing throughout.....just no big highlights at all, not Box Set worthy IMO (Like 97 :-D)

97 is Phish on a mission.  98 is Phish just having a good time.  Look at it from that perspective and you'll see what I mean.  I really like the 98 shows.

redrum

You're obviously bitter that they chose the '98 shows over the '97 shows for the Box Set like the rest of the world.   :-D
They really don't suck at all, pretty solid playing throughout.....just no big highlights at all, not Box Set worthy IMO (Like 97 :-D)

but didn't Shaps pretty much hint that 97 would eventually get released as well?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

rowjimmy

Actually, Whatstheuse, I take issue with not only your dismissal of 98 (for which you have been appropriately rebuked,) but also with your rating of the 04 show.

The fact that you rate that as even listenable destroys your credibility.

In fact, my last show was so bad that I sometimes have wondered why I'm going back.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 25, 2009, 05:46:56 PM
Actually, Whatstheuse, I take issue with not only your dismissal of 98 (for which you have been appropriately rebuked,) but also with your rating of the 04 show.

The fact that you rate that as even listenable destroys your credibility.

In fact, my last show was so bad that I sometimes have wondered why I'm going back.

to be honest I haven't listened to that 04 show in forever, my review maybe a bit generous...

As far as 98 goes, I just don't get it.  They weren't bad shows, but average at best, I could pick many better shows just within that same month than the Hamptons

one man's trash.....
Bring in the dude!

Ri©h

Quote from: redrum on February 25, 2009, 05:27:46 PM
You're obviously bitter that they chose the '98 shows over the '97 shows for the Box Set like the rest of the world.   :-D
They really don't suck at all, pretty solid playing throughout.....just no big highlights at all, not Box Set worthy IMO (Like 97 :-D)

but didn't Shaps pretty much hint that 97 would eventually get released as well?

When and where?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Rich on February 25, 2009, 05:54:38 PM
Quote from: redrum on February 25, 2009, 05:27:46 PM

When and where?

I remember something about that being said on a radio show interview iirc..

Possibly when fans were allowed to call in with questions?
Bring in the dude!

redrum

I thought he mentioned it on a FTA

---

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: redrum on February 25, 2009, 06:03:45 PM
I thought he mentioned it on a FTA
could have been...

I know I remember shapiro all but confirming a Big Cypress release during that call-in radio interview
Bring in the dude!

redrum

hmmm, not sure if it was that.
but someone here probably will.

---

phg

I thought this was going to be a premature thread for the soon-to-come '09 Hampton setlists.....

redrum

little did you know it would be one of my BEST threads EVAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!  :samurai:

---

fauxpaxfauxreal

That '96 show was Phish having fun...not much meat there...I had a "It" moment, however during the Harry Hood.

Also, Trey took some time to say that Hampton was his favorite venue.

This was the last Hampton show I was at that it was not oversold to hell.  You actually had space to like move around and stuff.

97--> was a different story.

Ri©h

Quote from: redrum on February 25, 2009, 06:54:04 PM
little did you know it would be one of my BEST threads EVAAAAAAAAR!!!!!!  :samurai: