News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish.com - From the Road - 2009 [Hampton Shows] ***SPOILER ALERT***

Started by twatts, March 06, 2009, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

hmm...  

I'm listening to Friday now... and with Fluffhead, there is definitely a disconnect between how it felt when it happened, vs how it sounds on tape.  The jam at the end though reached a pretty good musical peak, even without the lights to make it awesome by default.

NOW i get how they managed to trudge through PH...  they had CK5 to make sure it all LOOKED awesome, even if it didn't sound awesome.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

blastoplast

If you listen too closely to the sound, you might miss the music.  -Jim Henson

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Hicks

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 08, 2009, 10:35:44 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 08, 2009, 10:32:58 PM
yeah, EXACTLY.  People who aren't at the shows are erroneously projecting the characteristics of whatever Phish they've been listening to lately onto 3.0, so OF COURSE they aren't going to measure up.  Its human nature though...  they haven't given themselves any room to create a new perspective on the band.  Their memories and past experiences are clouding their judgement.

The thing is, though, is that these jams are the PERFECT length.  Except Halley's and Gumbo.  That was pretty lame...  but regardless...  they're all perfect length.  GBOTT felt like it was going on FOREVER.  and to realize that Wolfmans was only fucking 8 minutes...  that was weird.  

I'm listening to Fluffhead now, and they pretty fucking nailed it.  

whoa, made perfect sense

Gumbo 2.0!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

shoreline99

Quote from: jephrey on March 08, 2009, 10:31:17 PM
QuoteQuote from: jephrey on Today at 09:23:15 pm
lotsa people worked on the wiki.  It went through 3 iterations.  We had a LOAD of stuff entered when we initially started it in 2002 maybe and the server crashed and we lost it.  We tried again in 2005 maybe with diff wiki software but decided to go back to mediawiki, and did this one that you currently see.  There was a lot of initial data entry.  I did quite a bit myself and I know lately drvinestein has been THE man.  But neither of us can take all the credit.  Plenty of people made additions and were in on discussions of song title conventions etc.  I believe you can see the people who worked on the pages by looking at the history.  We should really thank tet for his continued support for the site.

I really wish we could stir up more interest.  It seems too big of a job when only a few people are into it at once.

Seeing that Wikis are a collaboration, I/We had hoped that there would be more outside contributors as the pages were made and people used it, but data entry is hard to get people motivated about, and I'm not sure if it really gets updated much at this time.  I admittedly haven't done anything in a long time.

i will have some more free time this spring to help out. 4 kids kinda take up most of my time these days..
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

nab

Phish

March 8th, 2009
Hampton Coliseum Hampton, VA

I: Sanity; Wilson; Foam; Bathtub Gin; Undermind; AC/DC Bag; My Friend, My Friend; Scent of a Mule; All of These Dreams; Maze; She Still Thinks I Care; Tube; Cars, Trucks, Buses; Free; Frankenstein

II: Down With Disease>Jam

rowjimmy

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

thechad

Quote from: Hicks on March 08, 2009, 10:38:11 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 08, 2009, 10:35:44 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 08, 2009, 10:32:58 PM
yeah, EXACTLY.  People who aren't at the shows are erroneously projecting the characteristics of whatever Phish they've been listening to lately onto 3.0, so OF COURSE they aren't going to measure up.  Its human nature though...  they haven't given themselves any room to create a new perspective on the band.  Their memories and past experiences are clouding their judgement.

The thing is, though, is that these jams are the PERFECT length.  Except Halley's and Gumbo.  That was pretty lame...  but regardless...  they're all perfect length.  GBOTT felt like it was going on FOREVER.  and to realize that Wolfmans was only fucking 8 minutes...  that was weird.  

I'm listening to Fluffhead now, and they pretty fucking nailed it.  

whoa, made perfect sense

Gumbo 2.0!

He has seen the light!
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

newplanet7

Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.