News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

3.0 Paug Meetups Galore

Started by redrum, March 07, 2009, 03:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

wasn't there a bar Meetup pre-show?  are we to be denied #1 compliance?

G. Augusto

Quote from: blatboom on November 30, 2009, 06:09:27 PM

Yes you are.
Redrum and M Bird weren't there...
They usually handle that stuff  :-)

redrum

we do, but woke up way late & our day was pretty hectic from that moment til the end of the show..
we'll make up for it weds...  :rockout:

(...which is the day after tomorrow incase anyone forgot!! :-o)   :-D
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

whyweigh5.0

I'll be at the show wed too and this time I will try to look like I know what I am doing with my camera :lol:

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

mbw

Quote from: G. Augusto on November 30, 2009, 06:11:06 PM
Quote from: blatboom on November 30, 2009, 06:09:27 PM

Yes you are.
Redrum and M Bird weren't there...
They usually handle that stuff  :-)

mehead

it was great meeting everybody last night - finally, we missed a lot of you at GW this summer - met up w/ Undermind, Birdman, Aug & his wife, and JSobel and his girlfriend at Buru's..susep and I then ran into RR & MB down on the floor Page's side a few minutes before the show started..sorry about missing the setbreak meet-up..it was too insane just getting to the pissers..everyone was chill and hope everyone had a good time...hope to meet up again - that woudl be summer tour for me
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Caravan2001

Quote from: mehead on November 30, 2009, 08:43:15 PM
it was great meeting everybody last night - finally, we missed a lot of you at GW this summer - met up w/ Undermind, Birdman, Aug & his wife, and JSobel and his girlfriend at Buru's..susep and I then ran into RR & MB down on the floor Page's side a few minutes before the show started..sorry about missing the setbreak meet-up..it was too insane just getting to the pissers..everyone was chill and hope everyone had a good time...hope to meet up again - that woudl be summer tour for me

Joey got married and didn't invite me, his ace boon coon?  :-o :-o :-o :-o

blatboom

Quote from: caravan2001 on November 30, 2009, 09:08:55 PM

where do you think he got the hookup?

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=14202.0

McGrupp

Quote from: blatboom on November 30, 2009, 09:10:10 PM

:lol: Why did I click that when I already knew what it was
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

justjezmund

Quote from: McGrupp on November 30, 2009, 09:58:04 PM
Quote from: blatboom on November 30, 2009, 09:10:10 PM

:lol: Why did I click that when I already knew what it was
i even read what you said and still clicked it. :-P
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

whatapiper

is there a wed meetup?

so far numbers i have for msg are shoreline, redrum, and phg.  if anyone wants to hook up or add a contact number pm me
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

redrum

Quote from: whatapiper on December 01, 2009, 01:10:24 AM
is there a wed meetup?

ya, i gota see justjezmund & antelope19 before the show on weds. TOMORROW!  :-o
we could base a meetup around that if you guys want.
i'm getting PSYCHED.
:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

---

susep

it was cool to meet Undermind, August, Birdman and I forget who else at the pub.  I was hoping to talk more Phish w/ Aug, maybe another time. :wink: 
It was also cool to see redrum and his wife messengerbird on the floor Page side.  At one point I did see redrum talking w/ some dude but I didn't pay too much attention, I was more focused on the stage(what was that all about redrum?).  It was a sausage fest where we were, us included.  I saw an old high school buddy right in our area, it was fun too see him and his crew.  Preety much the whole night was a night of meet-ups w/ both 'paug members and friends outside the 'paug.  Excellent night of Phish, review to come later...

redrum

well, there were a couple of things..

right when we got on the floor, i saw my friend shelley.
i think we might've introduced you & mehead to her & her 2 friends.
she plays keyboards in a dead cover band & sat in with us for our whole gig last weds night.

anyway right as we started catching up with her, these 3 coked up meatballs tryed the whole "lets be obnoxious, high five & hug each other - and knock these people that were here first outta the way to steal their spot"

they bumped into mbird & shelley, so i had to put my arm up in the way to hold our ground & seriously push them back from where they came.

at one point, mb asked him politely to move. he was all like "i'm not gonna move, but you can stand here or there, blah, blah, blah.  :roll:

::redrum starts to get pissed::

lights drop.
as i'm trying to vibe them outta the way, this other spunion, rolls in & becomes part of the meatball crew. but his deal was dancing with his back to the band & staring at us.  :?

there were some cool chicks behind us.
i told him if he was with them, i'd switch with him so he could be with them & not looking thru us. he's all like "no i just like to look at people when i dance but thanks". this is prolly the dude you saw me talking too.

it really only lasted for 2 or 3 songs, but once they dropped weigh, i started rocking the fuck out & everyone gave us the space we needed.

wasn't really a huge deal, just kind of annoying for a while.
its kinda hard to explain too, but you prolly get the idea.

---

whyweigh5.0

it always kinda bugged me when you get those people who are in front of you at a show and they just constantly turn around and stare through the whole thing.  Probably shouldnt bug me but it does
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/