News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

3.0 Paug Meetups Galore

Started by redrum, March 07, 2009, 03:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrum

it should bug you cuz it's annoying.
i mean the occasional spin around to see what's up, check out the lights, etc, is fine.
i do it myself (esp when i'm close to the stage)

but its different when you're back is facing the stage for more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time.
& everyone around you is starting to get uncomfortable.

edit:
a couple times i even used the force with a dance move by motioning "TURN THE FUCK BACK AROUND" with my arms/fingers/hands.

& it worked on him twice!!  :lol:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

whyweigh5.0

at 8 there was this dude in front of me wearing a Jason hockey mask and he kept turning around and staring.  I actually had to move because he was starting to freak me out
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on December 01, 2009, 01:13:08 PM
at 8 there was this dude in front of me wearing a Jason hockey mask and he kept turning around and staring.  I actually had to move because he was starting to freak me out
Was that the fluff night  :-D
:mrgreen: >  :rockout: >  :crazy:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

whyweigh5.0

yeah, it was.  He would just turn around and stare.  Not moving or anything, just staring.  I doubt he was staring at me and was probably just watching the crowd but the mask just made it creepy
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

Buffalo Budd

I wouldn't like that at all in that state.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

yeah yeah - I oopsed in my earlier post -  I believe it's Js and his wife and Aug & gf   :shakehead:

damn hydro and brownies   :wink:

either way it was still cool meeting all of you
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

redrum

don't think i posted this yet.

Play_It _Leo tracked me down at setbreak in cincy & brought me a beer so he could make a toast to me & mb getting married last august. what a guy!

he sent me a text right after a page solo in the 1st set that said something like "nice solo by me!!"

that was funny.  :clap:

---

Buffalo Budd

redrum

not bad, right?
there wasn't much room once the lights went down.
i even crossed the aisle & went down a row or 2 in hopes that play it leo coulda stayed in my spot.
but i looked back a song later & he was gone.

leo, if you're reading this:
did you get booted or did you go back to look for that girl you were with?

---

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: redrum on December 01, 2009, 02:47:23 PM
not bad, right?
there wasn't much room once the lights went down.
i even crossed the aisle & went down a row or 2 in hopes that play it leo coulda stayed in my spot.
but i looked back a song later & he was gone.

leo, if you're reading this:
did you get booted or did you go back to look for that girl you were with?

was that girl my sister?

i know they met up cause he hooked her up with a ticket for both nights in my absence...
i think they hung out for a bit of one of the nights...
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

redrum

good question.
don't think i remember him mentioning who it was..
we'll hafta ask him..(or her?)

---

Marmar

Quote from: redrum on December 01, 2009, 12:51:45 PM
i mean the occasional spin around to see what's up, check out the lights, etc, is fine.

but its different when you're back is facing the stage for more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time.

edit:
a couple times i even used the force with a dance move by motioning "TURN THE FUCK BACK AROUND" with my arms/fingers/hands.

I just make funny faces at em....either that or put on the "holy shit I'm about to freak out" look on.....that usually works....

if not...I moonwalk over their asses
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Marmar on December 01, 2009, 03:26:37 PM

edit:

I just make funny faces at em....either that or put on the "holy shit I'm about to freak out" look on.....that usually works....

if not...I moonwalk over their asses

Make like yer gonna puke on their spot...
That usually buys you some space for a bit.

burmesepython

edit:

d00d at Hampton there was this guy left of board (where we were all three nights) on I think the second night who literally looked back at the crowd for 90% of the first set. he was wearing shades and obviously didn't know what was going on/couldn't keep his footing. I ended up dancing him out of the space, but still saw him to our side doing the same thing to some other peeps. If you get down hard enough there's nothing those people can do but get out of the way. Caravan's buddy Dave is the best I've ever seen at clearing an area by getting down... guy is a wizard and I can't say I haven't poached a few tricks of the trade from both those guys when it comes to getting said douche to catch a clue.

antelope19

I agree with what was said earlier.  There are times(usually only when I'm close to the stage) where I turn around to see the crowd and lights.  But it's certainly never for extended periods of time.  Maybe like 20-30 seconds to kinda "Take it all in" ya know?  I have pretty vivid memories of doing this at Hampton and the Gorge this year. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment