News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Buffalo Budd

Even if it is only 2 -3 times a tour, they still let us know they can throw down when they want to.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

YES! :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

emay

ph92

Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

-Phish

mattstick

Read this on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums...

A buddy has been suggesting this for awhile: Phish 3.0 ended w the Bakers Dozen and we're well into the 4.0 era. There is very little resemblance between the band now and say, 2012- 2014. Look at all the old classics not played this past wkend: YEM, Wilson, Fluff,. Bowie, Antelope, Runaway Jim, Reba, Carini, etc. The band is all about moving forward w the GOTF, Kasvot Växt, TAB material, etc and not looking backwards. 4.0: the 'Everything's Right' era. While I applaud and respect the band for this, it got a bit heavy handed for me over the weekend. But anyway, an interesting theory or view on where the band is at.

You'll never get everyone to agree but with some hindsight one might look back at the last 2 years and consider it different a new era..

cactusfan

If I was in charge of such things, I'd say 4.0 began with summer 2015.
Pointing out songs they didn't play over a 3 night run doesn't say much to me--they played all of those songs over the past summer--it's more about their sound and how it's been changing, albeit much more slowly than it changed during the '90s.
Because of the slow change, it's hard to draw a bright line separating eras, but to my ears, 2105 marked a notable change that they've since been building on.

When I listen to Phish of the past decade, I find I'm drawn to what they've been playing since 2015 far more than anything prior to that (with exceptions, to be sure).

ytowndan

I agree with the sentiment, but it won't be 4.0 until they come back from a future hiatus (which I hope doesn't happen). 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

tet

I put them at hotfix 3.5.2 right now...
-Phish

mattstick

In the light of day this idea is just stupid, if 93 and 99 are both considered 1.0, 2014 and and 2017 can't be noted any differently.

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on September 06, 2019, 10:18:23 AM

In the light of day this idea is just stupid, if 93 and 99 are both considered 1.0, 2014 and and 2017 can't be noted any differently.

Or 83 and 99 for that matter.

It's a temporal/organizational designation scheme, not an artistic one.
Is this still Wombat?