News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

PHISH IS FUCKING BACK!!!!!!

Started by WhatstheUse?, March 08, 2009, 12:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

I'm going to have to side with emay on this one. The way they laid those 4 nights out are a thing of beauty. I've only listened to half of it but what I've heard made me pretty jealous of the peeps that were there.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Caravan2001

Quote from: emay on September 10, 2022, 10:08:14 PMIdk jams every night. Prob best set of tour (N2) plus two big bust outs icculus & thunderhead (!). Couple songs haven't played all summer (no quarter, fee). Seems like recipe for pretty good run. Honesty best one I saw out of the week on tour back east. Actually switched some stuff up for this run.

Yeah, I agree.  Attendance bias aside, and earlier tour highlights aside, I think this was the most consistent stand of the whole summer.  There were some great jams and real standouts throughout the summer but I felt like throughout the tour things would peter out in the 4th quarter or a strong first set would be followed by a meh second set.  Dick's was pretty solid the whole way through even without a Blossom Free or other 30 minute set maker.  Thought it was all very good.  The one set show still my fave.

VA $l!m

20 minutes into this thing had me thinking about this thread  :willynilly:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VDB

I've been deliberately avoiding tour so far, so that I can go into Wilmington (see ISO thread pls  :D ) fresh,  or not biased by ripcords and too much GOTF, and there they go destroying Alpharetta as usual.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Wilmington is gonna get plenty of heat.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

anthrax

^^^They should have played thru set break.  Seems like omebody dropped the ball on that one. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on July 20, 2023, 01:42:32 PM^^^They should have played thru set break.  Seems like omebody dropped the ball on that one. 
There was a very small percentage chance of rain at show time. That squall formed really quick. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Seems like it was fine when they left the stage. kicked up during break, caused a short delay and then they played for 45mins before having to bail.
At ~2hours of music they got about as much music in as some of the one-set rain delayed shows from last year.

Ten years to the day since Northerly.

anthrax

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 20, 2023, 02:38:00 PMSeems like it was fine when they left the stage. kicked up during break, caused a short delay and then they played for 45mins before having to bail.
At ~2hours of music they got about as much music in as some of the one-set rain delayed shows from last year.

Don't remind me!  That was such a buzzkill!!

sunrisevt

Quote from: anthrax on July 20, 2023, 03:15:21 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 20, 2023, 02:38:00 PMSeems like it was fine when they left the stage. kicked up during break, caused a short delay and then they played for 45mins before having to bail.

Remind me, please? What happened there?
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: sunrisevt on July 20, 2023, 04:50:16 PM

The band was forced offstage during fuckerpants. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Absolutely wild experience in Wilmington. Phish jamming in the rain, jamming it away during Chalk Dust, we thought for good, it returned, weathering it, apparently deciding to play through it until the utmost. Water streaming off the speakers and lights. Page getting progressively buried in tarps. It was fully raining on the band under that roof, water flying off Fishman's cymbals. Never seen anything like it. At last someone came to tell Trey it was time to call it—-the lightning was on top of us. Fishman refusing to leave the stage, classic. "Taylor Swift didn't quit!" Then he seemed to have gotten the lightning memo and was like "Oh, that's a different story."

Nigh apocalyptic scene. Helluva night to take acid. Everyone got absolutely soaked to the bone, scattered and fleeing while someone over the PA told us to evacuate the venue—-as if we needed the instructions. We poured into the streets. The park ... I wish it a speedy recovery. We walked the 1.8 miles back to our Airbnb chilly and sodden, and it rained on us one last time a half mile out as we smoked the last joint that had stayed safe and dry inside the plastic bag in my pocket.

Unforgettable.
Is this still Wombat?

sunrisevt

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 20, 2023, 05:18:49 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on July 20, 2023, 04:50:16 PM

The band was forced offstage during fuckerpants.

I mean, if there's a good time for it to happen...
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: VDB on July 20, 2023, 08:02:09 PMAbsolutely wild experience in Wilmington. Phish jamming in the rain, jamming it away during Chalk Dust, we thought for good, it returned, weathering it, apparently deciding to play through it until the utmost. Water steaming off the speakers and lights. Page getting progressively buried in tarps. It was fully raining on the band under that roof, water flying off Fishman's cymbals. Never seen anything like it. At last someone came to tell Trey it was time to call it—-the lightning was on top of us. Fishman refusing to leave the stage, classic. "Taylor Swift didn't quit!" Then he seemed to have gotten the lightning memo and was like "Oh, that's a different story."

Nigh apocalyptic scene. Helluva night to take acid. Everyone got absolutely soaked to the bone, scattered and fleeing while someone over the PA told us to evacuate the venue—-as if we needed the instructions. We poured into the streets. The park ... I wish it a speedy recovery. We walked the 1.8 miles back to our Airbnb chilly and sodden, and it rained on us one last time a half mile out as we smoked the last joint that had stayed safe and dry inside the plastic bag in my pocket.

Unforgettable.

Damn! I was wondering how you faired. Sounds like you made the best out of the situation. Acid helps.

Obviously, a bummer overall, but dealing with those type situations on L are always an unforgettable experience.
Bring in the dude!