News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

194 Arrested @ Hampton

Started by G. Augusto, March 10, 2009, 06:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postjack

I bet he never thought he'd be on this boat.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

Caravan2001

Is that Josh Biggs of American Pie fame?

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 12, 2009, 12:53:43 PM
There was a pool???  :-D

Ask VaSlim about the trek from the venue to the hotel. I think he did it three times in 24 hours.
4am sun mornin.

slim:
hey wanna come pick me up at the red roof?
rj: not really...
slim: ok, i'll skate.
:lol:

sunday afternoon was the lamest though, i sorta lamped out around 3 or 4... next thing i knew it was 5 or 6, and i still didnt have a ticket, and then my phone died. no numbers or anything. so i skated back to the hotee and took a nap while my phone charged. made it back to lot and found blatboom about the time they were shuttin down the vendin in the h20 lot. really accomplished a big Zero that day, but ended up havin a good late night with BLat and Igboo.

thank god for that Skateboard RJ--  ++K.

one funny footnote: i walk into work today and my boss asks me about the show and says he heard "phish" got arrested/busted for dr00gs at the shows...  :lol: :roll:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PhishPhan

Quote from: VA slim on March 13, 2009, 09:56:22 PM
i walk into work today and my boss asks me about the show and says he heard "phish" got arrested/busted for dr00gs at the shows...  :lol: :roll:

:D Not good for you. Should have said "Don't worry, they didn't catch me..."

Gumbo72203

Quote from: mattstick on March 11, 2009, 05:19:00 PM

Some awesome Hampton mugshots...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0311091phish1.html

DUDE!!!!!!  The first guy they show was at my hotel!!!!  He flew in from LA, without tickets...  and he couldn't stay still.  He was pacing around, not too extreme, but he kept rubbing his nose and sniffling/snorting like he was trying to suck the mucous out of his nose and into his throat....

edit:   its so sad seeing so many people, so strung out...   fucking look at THIS guy:  http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0311091phish16.html
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

MiamiPhish

i hope they did these people a favor and made them take showers..

edit:  #12  :-o :-o :-o

PhishPhan

Most of them have the look on their face of "Eh, it was worth it..."

Mr Minor

DO NOT give these guys a ride to the next show.

They will kill you.

Igbo

Gumbo72203

that Michael Jackson picture is fuckin....   unnerving. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

blatboom

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 14, 2009, 06:11:46 PM
that Michael Jackson picture is fuckin....   unnerving. 

he probably looks even worse now.

redrum

ok, so i don't think this has been mentioned on the board yet and i can't believe i haven't asked anyone 'til now but:

did anyone see, remember or hear about the kid IDIOT that got "passed" over the rail from fans to security friday night during Farmhouse?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

redrum

here's what happened:

we're just a little more than halfway thru the 1st set. as the band drops into Farmhouse, the dreamlike state i was in started to wear off and that song choice kinda served as the 1st breather from what was previously played. it was finally the moment where i was like "wow this IS actually really happening".

the people we were surrounded by were being cool and friendly. good vibes all around. haley was holding it down 3rd row floor in front of Fishman, while i was battling in the warzone-like-atmosphere trying to get a poster. when i finally got to her 90mins later, after getting a poster AND duct taping the Hood cone up somewhere else, i got a warm welcome and she introduced me to like 5 or 6 new friends.

so anyway - the lights drop, phish is back, chaos ensues, EVERYONE is psyched, tears are shed, the band is ripping it up, and then along with Farmhouse comes this IDIOT (wearing sunglasses) out of nowhere trying to weave his way into the front row. you know the kind, just getting in everyone's way & stepping on people, when there is NO room to be had.

he finds his way to this short girl in the front row (right in front of us), starts acting like he knows her and hugging her from behind, kinda even grinding up against her for a few seconds. she looks back for help and pushes him away. he doesn't move, until a couple of bigger dudes grab him and try to throw him somewhere else. he just stays where they put him and then acts like he's passing out standing up (which he very well may have been - dude was MAD wasted on something). now like 10 or 15 people are HATING this kid, want him to leave and he's not going anywhere, but continues to sway like he's about to fall down.

so the biggest dude (next to me), just grabs him by the collar, plows thru everyone up to the rail, lifts the kid up in the air, passes him over the rail to security but as the first security guard tried to apprehend him he started to fight back. that's when THREE more guards all tackled the kid, knocked his sunglasses off, threw a few punches once they got him on the ground (probably to get him to stop resisting) and then hauled him off horizontally. the last i saw of the kid his face was pretty banged up, with a cut & scratches right under his temple.

my first concern was to get mbird outta the way, cuz all i could think was that she was gonna catch an elbow or a fist to the face and the so far perfect experience would've been ruined by "THAT GUY". so to sum it up, chaos had pretty much erupted during Farmhouse for like 5 minutes
if you were anywhere near that.

when they were dragging him off, i was wondering how much of it the band could see. and how many other fans throughout the venue saw. sorry for the long post, but i figured it was worth telling in case anyone was wondering or had heard about it. i saw someone holding their camera up, so like any other "incident" these days, some of it may end up on youtube.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

A-Train

Damn, wish I could have had his ticket. :frustrated: