News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Letter to Phish re: scalping

Started by Play_It_Leo, March 18, 2009, 11:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

You seem to be suggesting something, but I don't think it's true.

keeb333

Quote from: mattstick on March 19, 2009, 07:47:21 PM

You seem to be suggesting something, but I don't think it's true.

:?

guyforget

Quote from: mattstick on March 19, 2009, 12:15:31 PM
Quote from: nab on March 19, 2009, 09:42:51 AM
Ebay's privacy policy does allow third parties to request personal information.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/privacy-policy.html#Disclosure

Then people will just take their tickets to Stubhub.

The best way to get tickets out of the hands of scalpers is for "fans" not to buy them on the secondary market.

How many people on this board bought Hampton tickets on eBay or StubHub?

Sunday Hampton was my first scalper ticket.  Im not ruling it out for Red Rocks. 

t34m.ca has remained remarkably dedicated, and tight-knit, mattstick.  Its really impressive.  But my bottom line is that I just dont have the resources for tickets I once had.  Of the 5-6 regular people I saw shows w/ 96-00, all but one are pretty much out of the loop completely.  You know how 5-6 people can turn into 30 when youre looking for tickets - everyone has leads on tickets outside your crew, someone always comes through for someone else in the end, usually from individual outside connections.  It just doesnt work out for me that way anymore. 
-AD_

mattstick

We have managed to stick together pretty well, and we've brought new people into the fold over the years.

It's easy for me to say that I won't buy scalpers/brokers/eBay tickets but when Phish plays Massey Hall in Toronto and I'm shut out that'll be the true test.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: thechad on March 19, 2009, 12:45:17 AM
Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on March 18, 2009, 11:48:56 PM
postal money order mail order

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I NEVER got shut out for any show with the old system, not NYE shows, not Halloween shows, nothing.  I for one would love it if they went back to the old system.  But, the brokers would just hire people to fill out the forms and get the tickets mailed to them, so I don't really think it would solve anything, I just liked doing it more.

Only time I was shut out of mail order was Halloween '96, and we had a Hurricane that weekend in at my school that shut down the mail for at least half a week, so none of us got our mail order.

I am all about old school schvice mail orders.

Don't even web announce it.

mehead

I must disagree w/ you mattstick about the demand in 2010...if anything it will get worse..I was going to Dead shows from '89 til the end...demand just went up..was for the wrong the reasons but it got worse and worse...you're bringing old school vets with the rooks that are just now getting the chance to see the boys for the first time...and yes, I'll say it again - I miss the money orders - MAIL ORDER....I may get shut out but at least there will be less tickets in the hands of the brokers
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VA $l!m

Quote from: mehead on March 20, 2009, 08:51:22 PM
I must disagree w/ you mattstick about the demand in 2010...if anything it will get worse..I was going to Dead shows from '89 til the end...demand just went up..was for the wrong the reasons but it got worse and worse...you're bringing old school vets with the rooks that are just now getting the chance to see the boys for the first time...and yes, I'll say it again - I miss the money orders - MAIL ORDER....I may get shut out but at least there will be less tickets in the hands of the brokers

that was a totally different scenario though, and it was still mega easy to score tix. compared to Phish 09...wellshit, you cant compare. the reason the demand for dead tickets rose so dreastically was almost soley a result of their comeback in the popular music market___the "touch-head" phenomenon. after being played on MTV and scoring their first #1...ever(?) they were basically 'outed' from their cult following of the 80s. the mess we have with Phish3.0 and tickets has a bunch of different factors that really make it impossible to compare to the situation of the dead's relative popularity in the 90s.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mattstick

I know it was west coast, but it was super easy to see The Grateful Dead in '95 - I got free tickets from strangers to Seattle & Portland.

mehead

agree on point..but of course for summer tour '95 you're comparing airfields and football stadiums to much smaller venues...I guess my point is that I just don't see the demand going away...we all can agree that the current situation just plain sucks....

lol
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Ri©h

When Phish comes to Vegas I'll be buying tix for anyone who's worried about getting shut out.  :-D

Just sayin'...

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Rich on March 21, 2009, 01:11:49 AM
When Phish comes to Vegas I'll be buying tix for anyone who's worried about getting shut out.  :-D

Just sayin'...

Remember, I tried to buy Asheville tickets at the outlet...

Ri©h

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 21, 2009, 01:25:37 AM

Just sayin'...

There are numerous places for me to purchase tix in Vegas. And I have family that is willing to help me by going to each outlet and snagging as many tix as they can get if I need them too.

Vegas will NOT be a problem.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Rich on March 21, 2009, 01:28:59 AM

Just sayin'...

There are numerous places for me to purchase tix in Vegas. And I have family that is willing to help me by going to each outlet and snagging as many tix as they can get if I need them too.

I was also third in line :)

Ri©h

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 21, 2009, 01:38:41 AM

Just sayin'...

That's what I'm talkin' about!  :mrgreen:

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Rich on March 21, 2009, 01:40:25 AM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 21, 2009, 01:38:41 AM

Just sayin'...

That's what I'm talkin' about!  :mrgreen:

I was still de-nied  :frustrated: :samurai: