News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

3/6/09 YEM's

Started by redrum, March 19, 2009, 11:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: redrum on March 20, 2009, 12:11:10 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 20, 2009, 11:50:39 AM
man, you know...  i don't know.  I almost think they did it on purpose, because of the fact that they had to do it the last time they played the song at that venue. 

cuz after the intro, EVERYONE is off...  very blatantly.  but then on the re-try, its all fine...   

if it wasn't on purpose, I think that they all must have been thinking about it, and then laughing...  or that Trey remembered it, and started laughing so hard that it threw everyone off. 

i'm not sure.

Gordo gives it away.

i just listened to it again loudly, and he's all like plink, plunk, plunk, clank, plunk, plunk.
maybe the most off i've ever heard him.

and then they all kinda just fade out. to me the fade sounds like they were expecting to stop.
do you think Gordo woulda forgot how to play YEM at a show with that much importance?

they prolly practiced that tune just as much if not more than any others.

I think the reason the band was so off was because trey was clearly a half step off...the rest of the band was probably effing confused as to how he was going to mitigate that, and if they should stop.  I think that if you think it was "intentional", you're reaching...

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on March 20, 2009, 02:06:22 PM

The YEM is pretty dirty actually, listened to it in my car en route to work today.

Best Bass and Drums evah.

This YEM isn't the shit, but it is the tits!

danje

In the new issue of RS with the Phish article, elsewhere in the issue in the reviews sections states that the YEM botch was a joke. The second start was pretty weak though.

PhishPhan

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 20, 2009, 08:07:18 PM
Quote from: mattstick on March 20, 2009, 02:06:22 PM

The YEM is pretty dirty actually, listened to it in my car en route to work today.

Best Bass and Drums evah.

This YEM isn't the shit, but it is the tits!

I love dem tits! Refering to post before, I would also agree that Gordy is rarely off.

Ri©h

YEM = Red Rocks opener

yup  :beers:

redrum

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on March 20, 2009, 02:31:05 PM
Quote from: redrum on March 19, 2009, 11:40:02 PM
You Enjoy Mypoll

THis sounds like a question for your girlfriend
/and or partner... But other than that, NO I don't think it was intentional...

it's not a question, it's a statement.

besides, i use three fingers.

Quote from: Hicks on March 20, 2009, 04:56:12 PM

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

PhishPhan

Eww...

I didn't think Phish could be that dirty...

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

Gumbo72203

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 20, 2009, 02:57:19 PM
I'm surprised people even think this was intentional....

For me, there is no question that they just fucked it up.....it seemed like not all 4 of them were quite ready when Trey started to count it off, and all sort of came in at different times, besides... Trey seemed pretty embarrased when they had to stop and he adressed the crowd

nah dude cuz the intro to the first attempt is fine...  its when they come in to start the Gm arpeggio that everything goes wack
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

MiamiPhish

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on March 21, 2009, 04:03:46 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 20, 2009, 02:57:19 PM
I'm surprised people even think this was intentional....

For me, there is no question that they just fucked it up.....it seemed like not all 4 of them were quite ready when Trey started to count it off, and all sort of came in at different times, besides... Trey seemed pretty embarrased when they had to stop and he adressed the crowd

nah dude cuz the intro to the first attempt is fine...  its when they come in to start the Gm arpeggio that everything goes wack

Sounds to me like Page/Mike fuck up the very start and then Trey fucks up the Gm arp just as Page/Mike get on board...   Anyways, I was there, as were a bunch of you, and I don't think it was intentional at all.

Ri©h

You guys are funny.  :lol:

Quote from: Rich on March 20, 2009, 12:09:10 AM
Quote from: tweezerfan on March 19, 2009, 11:42:50 PM
it was not intentional!

Trey started in the wrong key. If it was intentional, well, the joke was on those attending.  :wink:

Phunkaddict

And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

metawhy

I saw a show in 1995 (11/22 crap centre) where they fucked up rift and just abandoned it midstream.  Then trey blamed it on Fish! 

I agree that the restart sounds worse than the original start on that YEM. 

Ri©h

Quote from: metawhy on March 21, 2009, 08:20:22 PM
I saw a show in 1995 (11/22 crap centre) where they fucked up rift and just abandoned it midstream.  Then trey blamed it on Fish! 

I agree that the restart sounds worse than the original start on that YEM. 

1. They always blame Fish, for everything.
2. That restart is in the proper key and sounds a hell of a lot better.
3. Cool avatar.  :-)