News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

should i do the whole tour?

Started by bossman2009, March 27, 2009, 11:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechad

Quote from: redrum on March 28, 2009, 01:51:13 AM
if this was a poll, how big would it be?

It's late and I just got out of work.   :-)  And trust me, polls and fuckin' HUGE!!!!
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

bossman2009

Quote from: twatts on March 27, 2009, 11:39:08 PM
If you're taping:  yes.

If you're not:  no, sell me your tickets instead...

Just kidding, do the whole thing if you can swing it...  But follow the rules, only go to shows for which you have a ticket!

Terry

i only have 2 tix. i don't need tix to tore.

thechad

Yes, but you might need them to tour.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

whyweigh5.0

not going in the shows is not tour.  thats driving around to parking lots following other people driving around to parking lots
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

khalpin

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on March 28, 2009, 06:20:00 PM
not going in the shows is not tour.  thats driving around to parking lots following other people driving around to parking lots
Sounds like trying to do Xmas shopping on Black Friday.

Poster Nutbag

If you need to ask... Then you should question yourself??
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

birdman

The only answer to your question is...YES! :phish:
Paug FTMFW!

redrum

just make sure Mike's Song is blasting on your car stereo right when you leave.
(..as in pulling out of your driveway..)
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: VA slim on March 27, 2009, 11:51:25 PM
no.

yes.  never.

Quote from: whyweigh3.5 on March 28, 2009, 06:20:00 PM

That said, if you have the resources, the ability, the opportunity and the desire, why is this even a question?  Of course.

Isn't this kind of the definition of the word "Tour".  To go on a trip for a long distance from place to place?

thechad

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 28, 2009, 11:20:12 PM
Isn't this kind of the definition of the word "Tour".  To go on a trip for a long distance from place to place?

But if your only going to do and being seeing parking lots, well, here that's what we call greasy Canadians.  They're the ones who aren't really wanted in their own country so they come to this one to camp out in the Wal-Mart parking lot for the weekend.  So, is that really what you want to do?  :-)

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: thechad on March 28, 2009, 11:44:34 PM
Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on March 28, 2009, 11:20:12 PM

But if your only going to do and being seeing parking lots, well, here that's what we call greasy Canadians.  They're the ones who aren't really wanted in their own country so they come to this one to camp out in the Wal-Mart parking lot for the weekend.  So, is that really what you want to do?  :-)

Yeah, but if you go to a random Wal-Mart parking lot for a weekend without a phish ticket, you won't have at least a chance of getting a ticket to see phish play a show if you get to go inside?

You know?

I think the analogy is specious at best.

This assumes that the only thing keeping bossman from the parking lot to inside the show was a lack of tickets.

..... and not a lack of desire to go inside.

birdman

I did summer 95 with tickets to 7 of the shows.
I managed to get into all of them, including scoring Red Rocks tickets in the lot f/face.
Granted this isn't 95 anymore, but a day on Phish tour is better than a day at home.
Paug FTMFW!

phg

the only shows I might be going to without a ticket are 6/4 Jones Beach and 7/30 RR

WhatstheUse?

I'll have tickets to all the shows I plan on doing this summer.

Not having tickets ahead of time majorly stresses me out!
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 29, 2009, 01:16:01 PM
I'll have tickets to all the shows I plan on doing this summer.

Not having tickets ahead of time majorly stresses me out!

I have never gone to a Phish show without a ticket. Did it twice for the Grateful Dead and that was more than enough of that. I don't think I could handle the stress at my age. Not without BP meds.