News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

should i do the whole tour?

Started by bossman2009, March 27, 2009, 11:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

for those who are planning to descend upon RR without tickets.....

lets take a brief moment to remember what happened in 1996....this sign needs to be posted EVERYWHERE:
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Marmar on March 29, 2009, 01:24:17 PM
for those who are planning to descend upon RR without tickets.....

lets take a brief moment to remember what happened in 1996....this sign needs to be posted EVERYWHERE:

Crucial note, Mar.
I'm gonna throw it in the RR thread.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 29, 2009, 01:21:51 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 29, 2009, 01:16:01 PM
I'll have tickets to all the shows I plan on doing this summer.

Not having tickets ahead of time majorly stresses me out!

I have never gone to a Phish show without a ticket. Did it twice for the Grateful Dead and that was more than enough of that. I don't think I could handle the stress at my age. Not without BP meds.

haha,

I mean, it is obviously very possible to score tix @ a show, but the last thing I want to worry about when going to a show is getting into the show!

I would much rather spend my pre-show lot time talking with friends and making new ones  :-)
Bring in the dude!

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

thechad

In all honesty the only time I ever went to a show without tickets was Lake Placid '95, but there was a crew of us, we had a hotel room and I was the only one without tickets.  That and it's only a 45min drive from my house.  Within 10min. of checking in to our hotel I had tickets for both nights, but RJ is right, it was super stressful and I knew I was never going to get as lucky as I did that weekend.  Every show since, if I didn't have a ticket, I didn't go.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

VA $l!m

Quote from: thechad on March 30, 2009, 12:02:40 AM
In all honesty the only time I ever went to a show without tickets was Lake Placid '95, but there was a crew of us, we had a hotel room and I was the only one without tickets.  That and it's only a 45min drive from my house.  Within 10min. of checking in to our hotel I had tickets for both nights, but RJ is right, it was super stressful and I knew I was never going to get as lucky as I did that weekend.  Every show since, if I didn't have a ticket, I didn't go.

in all honesty... besides hampton 09, i think the last show i went to with tickets ahead of time was...........fuck... maybe 95...96?
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

thechad

Some people can do and some can't.  I fall into the can't category, for me, the last thing I want to do when I get to a show is have to deal with getting a ticket.  But like I said, that's just me.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

VA $l!m

Quote from: thechad on March 30, 2009, 12:22:26 AM
Some people can do and some can't.  I fall into the can't category, for me, the last thing I want to do when I get to a show is have to deal with getting a ticket.  But like I said, that's just me.

these days i'm 100% with you. those were the good old days and things were different then. after summer 00 i knew it would never  be the same. PNC 00 was the first show i actually had to work to get a ticket on the lot. though my girl went to probably 100 combined dead and phish shows without tickets and NEVER got shut out once. so for the 8 years i was hangin with her it wasnt an issue for us.

Blaise

Not having tickets is just too much stress for me. Shit, gettng tickets over the last month was stressful for me. I like to view the shows I get to as a vacation but if you can swing and can handle getting shut out f a few shows then godspeed. Just take a second to ponder the last time every venue of the tour sold out in minutes.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Blaise on March 30, 2009, 12:47:48 AM
Not having tickets is just too much stress for me. Shit, gettng tickets over the last month was stressful for me. I like to view the shows I get to as a vacation but if you can swing and can handle getting shut out f a few shows then godspeed. Just take a second to ponder the last time every venue of the tour sold out in minutes.

i hope your post wasnt responding  to me, because i just got done explaining that i agree with you and pretty much everyone else that posted on this page's stance on this. when i said i didnt go to shows with tickets i was talking about the past--like 10 -20 years ago. this is 2009, i'm not that ignorant, or do i care to spend that much time in the lot alone with the w00ks!  :lol:

thechad

Quote from: VA slim on March 30, 2009, 12:31:23 AM
Quote from: thechad on March 30, 2009, 12:22:26 AM

these days i'm 100% with you. those were the good old days and things were different then. after summer 00 i knew it would never  be the same. PNC 00 was the first show i actually had to work to get a ticket on the lot. though my girl went to probably 100 combined dead and phish shows without tickets and NEVER got shut out once. so for the 8 years i was hangin with her it wasnt an issue for us.

And that's cool, I hope I didn't come off as coming down on you for going without tickets.  I really think that's something that is/was totally unique about this "scene."  That there are people who will look out for others who weren't able to, for whatever reason, get tickets for a show ahead of time.  My thing is more like what blaise was saying, the stress of have to find a ticket would have just killed me.  The only reason I did do it, was that I had just broken up with a girl and my friends made me go to get me out of my house.  I'm totally glad they did. :-D

rowjimmy

though my girl went to probably 100 combined dead and phish shows without tickets and NEVER got shut out once. so for the 8 years i was hangin with her it wasnt an issue for us.

Boobs helps...

blatboom

I've been to two shows without tickets and got shut out both times.  I suck at that game.

Mr Minor

Quote from: blatboom on March 30, 2009, 08:19:31 AM
I've been to two shows without tickets and got shut out both times.  I suck at that game.

Please note rj's advice.

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 30, 2009, 07:50:11 AM
though my girl went to probably 100 combined dead and phish shows without tickets and NEVER got shut out once. so for the 8 years i was hangin with her it wasnt an issue for us.

Boobs helps...

Blaise

Quote from: VA slim on March 30, 2009, 12:54:29 AM
Quote from: Blaise on March 30, 2009, 12:47:48 AM

i hope your post wasnt responding  to me, because i just got done explaining that i agree with you and pretty much everyone else that posted on this page's stance on this. when i said i didnt go to shows with tickets i was talking about the past--like 10 -20 years ago. this is 2009, i'm not that ignorant, or do i care to spend that much time in the lot alone with the w00ks!  :lol:

no, just a response in general and to the op bc it seems he doesn't have any tickets for the all these shows he is planning on going to.

That being said, I have a lot of admiration to people who are able to go to shows without tickets, and in your case slim be so succesful at it in the past, bc I'm so convinced it would never work for me. 09 or otherwise.