News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Your Summer Tour Itinerary?

Started by G. Augusto, April 07, 2009, 05:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phg

Quote from: Blaise on April 07, 2009, 06:00:02 PM
Damn, 24 feels so old right now

really? I'm feelin' aight    :-)

PhishPhan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 07, 2009, 05:45:51 PM
Fenway  >
Jones Beach >
Jones Beach >
Jones Beach >
Great Woods >
Camden >
Asheville >
Knoxeville >
Bonnaroo >
Burgettstown >
Deer Creek >
Alpine >
Alpine >>>

Shoreline >
Gorge >
Gorge >
Chicago.

:banana: :mrgreen:

Gulp, you lucky guy. Would I be correct that this would be your first tour with Phish?

Anyways I'm going to, for sure..

Alpine x2
Toyota Park

Hopefuls:

Bonnaroo
Red Rocks x1+
Deer Creek
Gorge x1+

Blaise

Quote from: phg on April 07, 2009, 06:34:03 PM

wow, your a CHAMPION sir. Its not that I feel old its that not being able to do everything I want to because of getting old obligations makes me feel that way. How are you able to do all of those shows chief? Again, champion. You sir are my hero.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PhishPhan on April 07, 2009, 06:41:10 PM
Gulp, you lucky guy. Would I be correct that this would be your first tour with Phish?

You are correct sir.

Never been to any of the venues on tour either (except Fenway for b-ball).  That in itself is pretty exciting!!
Bring in the dude!

phg

Quote from: Blaise on April 07, 2009, 06:45:32 PM

wow, your a CHAMPION sir. Its not that I feel old its that not being able to do everything I want to because of getting old obligations makes me feel that way. How are you able to do all of those shows chief? Again, champion. You sir are my hero.

didn't mean to brag or insult at all, just kind of making fun of myself for being 24 and devoting so much time/money on a band...

I don't have a serious 9-5 job, even though I'm 2 years out of college and probably should....I work 2 part-times that are easy to get a ton of time off, and I've been saving a bit.

this is what I want to do in my life right now, so no regrets! 

G. Augusto

Quote from: phg on April 07, 2009, 06:51:38 PM

didn't mean to brag or insult at all, just kind of making fun of myself for being 24 and devoting so much time/money on a band...

I don't have a serious 9-5 job....I work 2 part-times that are easy to get a ton of time off, and I've been saving a bit.

That's how you do it!

Blaise

Quote from: G. Augusto on April 07, 2009, 06:52:37 PM

I don't have a serious 9-5 job....I work 2 part-times that are easy to get a ton of time off, and I've been saving a bit.

That's how you do it!

No doubt, your comments weren't interpreted as bragging or taken as insults but maybe you should be bragging some more son! Shit, thats what I want to do in my life right now. If anything I am just whining like a little bitch for having a constricting job that I feel stuck in even though I have graduate degrees and some good experience already. I live in chicago so I go through money quicker then most people but I don't have a mortgage/car payments so I'm willing to blow some money to see phish, I just have to space it out. I am using up every vacation day I have for phish this year. Frankly, I'm envious of you for being the same age and doing what YOU fucking want to do, instead of dreaming and whining like I feel like I am doing. +k

noodle

Heard that. Probably be my last chance of doing any two week road show rodeo again before I buy a house or some other major "grown up" obstacle gets in the way. I kinda fell off after 2000 and only caught two shows in '03-'04. Where I work it is okay to take time off from Feb. thru Aug. but once the harvest season hits it is pretty much mandatory 80 hour weeks for two to two and a half months. :-o So that means no fall tour at all. Now or never.  :phish: Hope to bump into some of you's around.

For sure

Asheville
Knox
St. Louie
PA
DC
Alpinex2

Chicago 

Hopefulls

CT
MD
Spac 8/16 is my 29th B-day!

We'll throw in Red Rocks in the hopefulls. Dude can dream

phg

I did a bit of "touring" in '03 and '04 and got to 15 shows before they quit, but I think above all I'm excited to see a tour with a more healthy, invigorated band!  Especially Trey.  They probably will still be a bit rusty at first, but I have very high hopes for they could do playing together for so many shows.

noodle

That was my hope when I started snagging up tickets. I was pretty excited with the Hampton results, leaves me to think they will be cookin' the better part of June! Sure it's the same for many here, but I'm just as excited to see some of the old faces that I have known for years but haven't seen since 2000. Summer will be the Tits. :beers:

PhishPhan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 07, 2009, 06:48:06 PM
Quote from: PhishPhan on April 07, 2009, 06:41:10 PM

You are correct sir.

Never been to any of the venues on tour either (except Fenway for b-ball).  That in itself is pretty exciting!!

Awesome, I haven't done it either, and I hope to do as most as I can for the 2010 Tour. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any venues I have been to either, except for Alpine Valley which I live near.

jasonsobel

Fenway
Great Woods

Hartford
SPAC

I still need to track down some Hartford tickets, but I've got plenty of time.   So I'm still counting that one in my "definite" list :)
sing me back home before I die

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Fenway ?!?!? it might happen!

DC>
Alpine>
Alpine

Chicago.

gimme the west coast for the fall dates....

oh yeah, and wrigley ;)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

cactusfan

definite:

red rocks saturday/sunday
shoreline
gorge x2

hoping to get tix for the first two nights at rr.

at my advanced age, this is as much of a tour as i'm gonna make.

though, okay, still a very outside chance i'll make it to one or more jones beach shows.   :-D

Poster Nutbag

:|

Alpine Valley 6/20 & 21  :-D

:|

The Gorge 8/7 & 8  :-D

8-)
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ