News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Random YouTube Music Video Blowout

Started by gah, April 11, 2009, 11:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Ravel's Bolero has been used for a ton TV commercials in my neck of the woods. Pretty stupid commercials too. That's how I came to loathe it.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

barnesy305

Have you ever seen Allegro Non Troppo? It's a parody of Fantasia's Rite Of Spring section with Bolero as the music, pretty cool actually. I like the piece as well, although I feel your pain Mopper, I'd hate it if I heard it all the time too.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: barnesy305 on September 09, 2011, 09:44:43 AM
Have you ever seen Allegro Non Troppo? It's a parody of Fantasia's Rite Of Spring section with Bolero as the music, pretty cool actually. I like the piece as well, although I feel your pain Mopper, I'd hate it if I heard it all the time too.

Might as well throw in some real Stravinksy.

It's worth hunting down this edition on vinyl (3LP set):

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Yup, I was there. Caught all three Paris shows, and of course Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

natronzero

Gone 25 years today. RIP.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

I've always sorta liked Norah Jones... not ashamed to admit that... she just got a whole lot cooler in my book with this one...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

barnesy305

Underrated and fucking awesome, can't wait to see this!

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mbw

barnesy305

Saw this band today at the Richmond Folk festival....they were amazing, and I bought the CD.

blatboom

gah

Quote from: blatboom on October 20, 2011, 08:04:19 PM
love this band

Saw them in early 2010 at the Norva to an almost empty house...seriously, maybe 100 people there. Thought it was ok, but after about 3 songs, got a little bored. Maybe a smaller more intimate setting would have worked better. Just hard to fill a big room with any energy when the sounds echoing back at you.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

barnesy305

Bridge School Benefit is streaming live right now. The stream is being sketchy right now but it just started.

http://www.youtube.com/BridgeBenefitConcert