News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Random YouTube Music Video Blowout

Started by gah, April 11, 2009, 11:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

gah

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on December 03, 2014, 09:48:45 PM

I'm guessing Derek pissed her off!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

(taken from the article steve shared elsewhere)

QuotePart of Derek's approach has been to keep the band on its collective toes, as with a nod of his head, he might call an audible assigning one of his regular solos to another member of the group. This tactic has been met with resounding success even if it has occasionally flustered one member of the TTB.

"Derek and Falcon sometimes push my buttons to get me mad," Susan acknowledges, citing a night when her husband was trying to get her to solo on "Get What You Deserve," where he typically takes the honors. "I was like, 'No, I am not playing on it; you play on it.' I was being bratty and he just sat there and wouldn't play."

Derek affirms, "I was like, 'I will wait you out. We will all just stand up here mid-tune.' I told her, 'You can pout but you better play.'" "They were right," she now laughs. "I was pouty and bratty about it that night, and I was like, 'Grrrrrr.' Afterward, they told me, 'Yay, Sue, awesome solo,' I was like, 'Shut up.'"

Her husband acknowledges, "It was a great solo. There are certain songs that I know that if she's a little mad, she'll play better guitar—she just takes it out on the guitar. So there are times that I'll needle her a little bit onstage right before a solo and Falcon will look back at me and say, "Yeah!" He's known her long enough; he's played in her band. He knows that when she's in certain moods, she'll play better. When you have family that's this tight musically, where you can do stuff like that, people will laugh about it when it's over. It's never mean-spirited. We never go too far."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: gah on December 04, 2014, 11:29:35 AM

QuotePart of Derek's approach has been to keep the band on its collective toes, as with a nod of his head, he might call an audible assigning one of his regular solos to another member of the group. This tactic has been met with resounding success even if it has occasionally flustered one member of the TTB.

"Derek and Falcon sometimes push my buttons to get me mad," Susan acknowledges, citing a night when her husband was trying to get her to solo on "Get What You Deserve," where he typically takes the honors. "I was like, 'No, I am not playing on it; you play on it.' I was being bratty and he just sat there and wouldn't play."

Derek affirms, "I was like, 'I will wait you out. We will all just stand up here mid-tune.' I told her, 'You can pout but you better play.'" "They were right," she now laughs. "I was pouty and bratty about it that night, and I was like, 'Grrrrrr.' Afterward, they told me, 'Yay, Sue, awesome solo,' I was like, 'Shut up.'"

Her husband acknowledges, "It was a great solo. There are certain songs that I know that if she's a little mad, she'll play better guitar—she just takes it out on the guitar. So there are times that I'll needle her a little bit onstage right before a solo and Falcon will look back at me and say, "Yeah!" He's known her long enough; he's played in her band. He knows that when she's in certain moods, she'll play better. When you have family that's this tight musically, where you can do stuff like that, people will laugh about it when it's over. It's never mean-spirited. We never go too far."

Derek should get her angry more often then.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Quote from: mopper_smurf on December 04, 2014, 11:34:42 AM

I'd like to get her riled up.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 04, 2014, 01:07:17 PM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on December 04, 2014, 11:34:42 AM

I'd like to get her riled up.

exactamundo!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

anthrax

Mr. Natural

Interviews interspersed with playing.

We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

mopper_smurf

Rare King Crimson footage with Greg Lake on vocals. O, and the TV host is the worst. Germans trying to be funny. Never works. Uploader claims it's the only video with Lake. He's wrong.

Twitter | FB | Instagram

Undermind

Music Never Stopped - PhilRAD NYE 2014
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog