January 25, 2022, 08:23:43 AM

News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Random YouTube Music Video Blowout

Started by gah, April 11, 2009, 07:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Just found a video of the time I saw Spiritualized open for Neil Young at Deer Creek in '96!!!!!

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 01, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mopper_smurf

Crazy German duo murdering a Black Sabbath classic. You have been warned.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Don't know about the rest of you, but I've had this song in my head all year thanks to the webcasts.

Although, I have to admit I am more familiar with this DangerDoom & Talib Kweli song that samples it.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 01, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

justjezmund

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 28, 2021, 04:27:41 AMDon't know about the rest of you, but I've had this song in my head all year thanks to the webcasts.

Although, I have to admit I am more familiar with this DangerDoom & Talib Kweli song that samples it.

both versions slap and you can definitely have worse songs in your head.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 05:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 05:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mopper_smurf

I want to visit two barns. This is one of them. You all know the other one.

Twitter | FB | Instagram

PIE-GUY

Graham Nash loves to tell this story about Neil playing him Harvest for the first time - this version is from Fresh Air:

QuoteGROSS: In the acknowledgements to your book, where you're praising your friends and your family, you describe Neil Young as, quote, "the strangest of my friends."
NASH: He is.
GROSS: What makes him strange?
NASH: The man is totally committed to the muse of music. And he'll do anything for good music. And sometimes it's very strange. I was at Neil's ranch one day just south of San Francisco, and he has a beautiful lake with red-wing blackbirds. And he asked me if I wanted to hear his new album, "Harvest." And I said sure, let's go into the studio and listen.
Oh, no. That's not what Neil had in mind. He said get into the rowboat.
(LAUGHTER)
NASH: I said get into the rowboat? He said, yeah, we're going to go out into the middle of the lake. Now, I think he's got a little cassette player with him or a little, you know, early digital format player. You know, so I'm thinking I'm going to wear headphones and listen in the relative peace of the middle of Neil's lake.
Oh, no. He has the - his entire house as the left speaker and his entire barn as the right speaker. And I heard "Harvest" coming out of these two incredibly large speakers louder than hell. It was unbelievable. Elliot Mazer, who produced Neil, produced "Harvest," came down to the shore of the lake and he shouted out to Neil: How was that, Neil?
And I swear to god, Neil Young shouted back: More barn!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Well watching this vid made my day

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

jam>

Very cool. I love hearing 80's Jerry playing a guitar with a tone that sounds much more like 60's Jerry.

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

I dare the Phish from Vermont to play this.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

anthrax

I dare the Phish from Vermont to play this.

that was pretty awesome!  mopper, do you have a favorite deep purple show on youtube?