News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phuzzyfish12

:rawk: :rawk:  Awesome everyone. Keep up the good work.

gah

Quote from: runawayjimbo on November 04, 2011, 02:07:27 PM
Day 4 without coffee and I am struggling to get through the afternoon.

On the plus side, quitting really is contagious.

Keep it up!

As for it being contagious, seriously! I know my 2-3 cups in the am, and couple sodas thru the day were bad, so I've cut back to one-2 sodas a week, and coffee like every other day, and only one cup too. Not completely there yet, but working at it...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Undermind

Day 2 cigarette free.   :banana: I am quitting with the patch this time.  Chantex worked when I stopped for 7 months from June 2010 - Feb 2011, but the trouble that I had trying to get off of it made me decide to use the patch this time.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

gah

Quote from: Undermind on January 02, 2012, 12:00:19 PM
Day 2 cigarette free.   :banana: I am quitting with the patch this time.  Chantex worked when I stopped for 7 months from June 2010 - Feb 2011, but the trouble that I had trying to get off of it made me decide to use the patch this time.

You got this!  :clap:

Undermind

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 02, 2012, 12:13:07 PM

thanks man!
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

nab

Quote from: Undermind on January 02, 2012, 12:14:07 PM

thanks man!

Worked for me, hopefully it will work for you too. 

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: nab on January 02, 2012, 12:26:55 PM

thanks man!

I've been rocking the Nicorette mini lozenges.  About to come up on 3 months this weekend. 

I'm probably going to start switching my lozenges out to tics tacs sometime this month, so I can start getting away from the nicotine completely.  I definitely don't have a desire for a smoke.  I was offered a cigar NYE, but I declined.  I was worried it may be too soon.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on January 03, 2012, 09:33:52 AM
Quote from: nab on January 02, 2012, 12:26:55 PM

thanks man!

I've been rocking the Nicorette mini lozenges.  About to come up on 3 months this weekend. 

I'm probably going to start switching my lozenges out to tics tacs sometime this month, so I can start getting away from the nicotine completely.  I definitely don't have a desire for a smoke.  I was offered a cigar NYE, but I declined.  I was worried it may be too soon.

Good decision! There is NO need to tempt yourself. I'll give you the same advice SF gave me when I considered having one at jazzfest a few months into quitting.

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 16, 2010, 05:23:35 PM

DON'T GO WITH THE CIGAR. I FELL OFF THE WAGON ONCE WITH A CIGAR SMOKED TOO EARLY FROM THE DAY I HAD QUIT.

VA $l!m

mad props to anyone quiting currently.

i'm still trying...always, lol...

i just hit my approximate 20 year smoking daily mark... omg i'm over it.

on a side note i officially got away from Camel lights this year about 6 months ago now.
i had been smoking camels since probably 95 or so and switched to american spirit lights this year.
had to buy a pack of camels on new years when all the stores were closed or out of spirits, MAN do these camels taste like shit! lol.
its amazing how badly i can taste the chems in them now. mainly its the fire safe ccrap they started puttin in cigs out here, omg i cant stand it.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

great work, everyone
:clap:

you'll get there, Slim
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

Hit the 2 week mark yesterday and pretty happy about it.  I know I've been here before (a few times) but I seem to have a little more drive this time.  The gym has helped, get there 5 times a week.  Good luck to everyone in here.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 18, 2012, 08:45:37 AM
Hit the 2 week mark yesterday and pretty happy about it.  I know I've been here before (a few times) but I seem to have a little more drive this time.  The gym has helped, get there 5 times a week.  Good luck to everyone in here.

:clap:
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

gah

BOOM! Goes the Dynamite!  :clap:

Undermind

That's great man!  Congratulations... you can do it!

I am now 19 days in.  I have already noticed a difference in how far I am able to push it in the gym.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: Undermind on January 19, 2012, 11:19:52 AM

That's great man!  Congratulations... you can do it!

I am now 19 days in.  I have already noticed a difference in how far I am able to push it in the gym.
:rockout: :banana:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."