News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 17, 2010, 03:04:41 PM
I think last week I had the same situation from my body telling me to just hang it up.  Going up and down stairs just shouldn't wind someone.  This quitting situation is 100% on my shoulders.  I am not really in situations where I will be around smokers which will help a lot.

Don't be a little bitch. And I'm telling you this because I want you to live a long life.......  :clap:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 17, 2010, 03:17:33 PM
I think last week I had the same situation from my body telling me to just hang it up.  Going up and down stairs just shouldn't wind someone.  This quitting situation is 100% on my shoulders.  I am not really in situations where I will be around smokers which will help a lot.

Don't be a little bitch. And I'm telling you this because I want you to live a long life.......  :clap:

Superfreakie... :police:

THANKS!!!!
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: Superfreakie on February 17, 2010, 03:17:33 PM

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

All you need to do is tell yourself "I know I want a cigarette right now. Whether or not I have one, I'll want another one in 30 minutes. Might as well not have one now, then."  Worked for me!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

UncleEbinezer

2 fully successful days and I am on to number 3.

I have to say I think having these chewing sticks have helped.  They have tea tree oil in them and are basically flavored toothpicks.  I feel kind of douchey driving down the road or walking into a store with a toothpick, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. 

Also, thanks a bunch for all of the support out here.  I have received a few texts and excellent suggestions. 

Buffalo Budd

Nice UncleEb   :clap:
It's strange but what actually worked for me (finally  :roll:) was a convo I had with Aug on here.  He was saying how he had his 5 yr anniversary of smoke free on new year's day and somehow I got involved in the convo saying I wish I could take that step.  All he said was, it's easy - just don't smoke.  And for some reason, that sat with me and I haven't lit up another cancer stick since.  Thanks Aug  :beers: , you may not have known but you just may have been the final straw that helped me kick it.
Honorable mention to Redrum and Messengerbird for making me feel like a douche every time I lit up a smoke around them this Summer, hehe.  :-D
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: Phishy69 on February 19, 2010, 09:04:21 AM
It's strange but what actually worked for me (finally  :roll:) was a convo I had with Aug on here.  He was saying how he had his 5 yr anniversary of smoke free on new year's day and somehow I got involved in the convo saying I wish I could take that step.  All he said was, it's easy - just don't smoke.  And for some reason, that sat with me and I haven't lit up another cancer stick since.  Thanks Aug  :beers: , you may not have known but you just may have been the final straw that helped me kick it.
Honorable mention to Redrum and Messengerbird for making me feel like a douche every time I lit up a smoke around them this Summer, hehe.  :-D

Well I think mine has come from several years of denial and being lazy.  Also, hood and I have kind of tried together in the past and that lasted like an hour.  This time though both of us were having some serious discussions and it kind of clicked for me.  For me I don't expect that this is really a path to a destination, but a quest that will be challenging as hell and may have some bumps on the road, but I really want to say I don't smoke anymore.  That would be nice!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 19, 2010, 08:47:30 AM

2 fully successful days and I am on to number 3.

From my recollection (and I've been there several times) it gets much much easier after day 4. You're half-way through the hardest part, in other words. Keep it up, bud!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

postjack

great job man, keep rocking! physically it does get easier everyday after the 4th. keep checking back here and sharing your experience.

chewing a stick might feel douchey but not as douchey as smoking an expensive leaf that keeps you sick and doesn't even get you high. :)
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

khalpin

The Paug, saving lives since 2004....

phuzzyfish12

I had a friend totally sell me on the idea of 3-3-3 (3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months). He told me its the hardest to hit these marks when you are trying to quit. So with each one you pass without smoking its like a little victory for yourself. I have no idea if he made it up but it did help to have little milestones to check off and something to work for.

G. Augusto

:oops:
Good for you!
I guess as you get older, other things become more important than the now and you want to be around to experience them.
Smoking sucks.
I'll be honest and say that I truly believe that it's a disgusting habit.
a

gah

Ok, bud, it's been 3 days with no post in here, how you doing? Lets get an update! It's why I started this, was for folks to keep me honest, and it didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean you're off the hook. I'm going to call you out on it. The weekend couldn't have been easy, let us know you made it through though. And I'm only doing this because hopefully sooner rather than later, I'm going to need the same support.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VA $l!m

just skimming this thread made me want to smoke.  :roll:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

guyforget

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on February 19, 2010, 09:10:08 AM
For me I don't expect that this is really a path to a destination, but a quest that will be challenging as hell and may have some bumps on the road, but I really want to say I don't smoke anymore.  That would be nice!

everytime you give yourself an out by saying "i may have some bumps in the road," youre just conceding that youre not 100% ready to quit.  stop being a pussy.  youre at the top of the food chain, damnit!  opposable thumbs!  we win!  now go be a winner and stop paying good money to poison yourself. 
-AD_