News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

ok im out of smokes and not going to the store.  wish me luck.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

thatfargone

Quote from: JustJezmund on March 22, 2010, 09:07:03 AM

Good luck!
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

nab

Quote from: thatfargone on March 23, 2010, 12:50:40 PM

Good luck!

One week today.  Things are getting easier, but I still have some tough times.  Those times are fewer and farther between though. 

phuzzyfish12

Quote from: nab on March 23, 2010, 12:52:31 PM

Good luck!

One week today.  Things are getting easier, but I still have some tough times.  Those times are fewer and farther between though.

Nice Job!!!  :clap: :clap:

Superfreakie

Quote from: nab on March 23, 2010, 12:52:31 PM

Good luck!

Nab....the one week barrier is HUGE and not to be underestimated. Congratulations  :rawk: . But watch out for week two, it's a mind fucker. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

guyforget

just keep doing what youre doing, nab, concede nothing. 
-AD_

rowjimmy

Quote from: guyforget on March 23, 2010, 01:12:52 PM
just keep doing what youre doing, nab, concede nothing.
THIS.

And jj, hold to it, man. The longer you smoke the harder it gets. Remember the rule of threes.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

justjezmund

well here comes day three.   :samurai:  ive tried to do this before and this day sucks.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

nab

Quote from: JustJezmund on March 24, 2010, 08:30:53 AM
well here comes day three.   :samurai:  ive tried to do this before and this day sucks.

Keep it up.  I actually found the latter half of week one to be slightly harder, but that may have been environmental.  Now the first half of week two, the pressure seems to be easing up.  I get the strong attacks every 2-3 hours instead of every hour.  Also, this was the first morning I woke up that I wasn't afraid of facing the day without smoking.

This thread has also been immensely helpful to me.  From here I have picked up:

1. The rule of threes (You're about to conquer the first one)
2. The fact that smoking does nothing to get rid of nicotine addiction (I believe it was pieguy who said, and I'll paraphrase:  "If have a smoke now, I'll still want one in a half an hour if I smoke one or not, so I might as well not smoke one")
3.  Support
4.  Accountability- I know that if my posts stop here, everyone will suspect that I have not succeeded.  I don't think that anyone would pass judgment on me for that, rather the relationship is positive- that I want them to think better of me than they did before.   

Thank You 'paug. :clap:

rowjimmy

Nice Post, nab.

Stay with it jj. You just gotta keep on pushing.

Quote from: nab on March 24, 2010, 09:17:37 AM
4.  Accountability- I know that if my posts stop here, everyone will suspect that I have not succeeded.

Which reminds me...

A certain potser has stopped giving us updates.
Here's hoping he's too distracted by all the crazy levels of oxygen in his breathing...

UncleEbinezer

I haven't forgot, I have been super slammed the past few days.  Before I go forward, excellent work nab and JJ.  It is a challenge, but beginning the challenge is step 1.  Conquering is steps 2-100,000,000,000.  Keep it up!!!

I have to agree whole-heartedly with #4.  I definitely was using this as an option for accountability and having support from other here has been so helpful.

Now, comes the news (bad and then good).  So this weekend was my brother's bachelor party.  Every single one of his friend's smoke and so does he.  The temptation was just absolutely ridiculous.  I broke down and basically had a weekend bender with cigarettes.  It is definitely an excuse, but it is what happened.  For this I am dissappointed that the streak ended.

Now the good news!!!  I can report again, that I have entered day 3 of non-smoking again and expect to be back on track.  Monday, kind of blew, but I remembered that I just went weeks without them so I just have to start over.  I have used my chewing sticks and just kept on plugging away. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

VA $l!m

wow, i cant even read each post in this thread, because i want to quit so bad... whoever is quitting --mad props and blessings,,,, i was telling myself last nite that if i could quit in a month then i would allow myself to see more shows this summer. i really need to quit. bad. :|
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Fight the good fight, dude.

Many's the night I've found myself the only one not smoking.

I'm also the one who is more likely to go home not reeking of smoke (especially with the new no-smoking laws in VA.)
I'm also the one who is more likely to wake up and not hack up a lung.

The urge to conform to your environment is strong. There are still moments when I feel a cigarette seems the totally obvious way to pass the time waiting for a train or whatever and I haven't been a smoker for 15 years.

You just have to remind yourself that not-smoking is ok too.