News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quitting is Contagious

Started by gah, April 20, 2009, 10:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justjezmund

good luck be with you undermind.

on my front, ive been going good.  ive been through some real tough obstacles(drinking at home, drinking out, pretty much drinking in different scenarios) and its been good.  But sunday will bring on a whole different test, TOUR.  This is gunna be the test of the ages, i smoke like a chimney at shows usually.  I am confident in myself and have good friends but temptations will be there.  This is not just for me but for my other paug quitters(im watching you)  Just think of how much harder you could rage without smokes.  Just some comments from me in no particular order. 
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

gah

Quote from: JustJezmund on June 11, 2010, 07:50:38 PM

on my front, ive been going good.  ive been through some real tough obstacles(drinking at home, drinking out, pretty much drinking in different scenarios) and its been good.  But sunday will bring on a whole different test, TOUR.  This is gunna be the test of the ages, i smoke like a chimney at shows usually.  I am confident in myself and have good friends but temptations will be there.  This is not just for me but for my other paug quitters(im watching you)  Just think of how much harder you could rage without smokes.  Just some comments from me in no particular order.

lucky for you, our first tour challenge will be together. trust me, its been on my mind, cause i usually smoke threw a whole show, so sunday is gonna be another obstacle. one of many that we've faced so far, but one that can be overcome. it's just like the commercials, you have to learn how to do stuff without something you've done it with before. and it takes time, but once you relearn, it gets easier.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

postjack

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 11, 2010, 09:39:02 PM
Quote from: JustJezmund on June 11, 2010, 07:50:38 PM

lucky for you, our first tour challenge will be together. trust me, its been on my mind, cause i usually smoke threw a whole show, so sunday is gonna be another obstacle. one of many that we've faced so far, but one that can be overcome. it's just like the commercials, you have to learn how to do stuff without something you've done it with before. and it takes time, but once you relearn, it gets easier.

man there is so much cool shit going on at a show, the last thing you need to worry about is a stupid cigarette. not smoking makes dancing easier. :-)
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

sls.stormyrider

remember rule #9 at Fenway last year

no smoking

keep it up guys
:beers:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

justjezmund

Quote from: slslbs on June 12, 2010, 07:48:01 PM
remember rule #9 at Fenway last year

no smoking

keep it up guys
ya, that rule went out the window when i got in,  but it will be kept in 2010
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

phuzzyfish12

:banana: :banana: Today is my 1 year anniversary of QUITING smoking!!  :banana: :banana:

thatfargone

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on June 15, 2010, 09:29:50 AM
:banana: :banana: Today is my 1 year anniversary of QUITING smoking!!  :banana: :banana:

Awesome!!!  I am gearing up myself...tried earlier this month but wasn't mentally prepared.  A year is great!!! :clap:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

khalpin

mbw

i REALLY need on this bandwagon.

willsteele

Special occasion smoking is what it's all about for me.  Makes it so much better and when the occasion is over you probably will have smoked so much that you won't want to smoke for a long while anyhow.  But maybe that's just me.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: willsteele on June 15, 2010, 10:47:33 AM
Special occasion smoking is what it's all about for me.  Makes it so much better and when the occasion is over you probably will have smoked so much that you won't want to smoke for a long while anyhow.  But maybe that's just me.
Yeah, I'd like to think I could pull that off and my wife does that but I just think I'd be that guy that would wake up in the am and want a dart.

And congrats Phuzzy, just passed my 5 month mark on June 1st.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

khalpin

Quote from: willsteele on June 15, 2010, 10:47:33 AM
Yeah, that's just you and the other 1% of the population that "can be" casual smokers.  The other 99% are either smokers or non-smokers.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: Phishy69 on June 15, 2010, 11:13:04 AM

And congrats Phuzzy, just passed my 5 month mark on June 1st.

congrats
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Undermind

NICE!
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

phuzzyfish12

Thanks everyone  :beers:

Its been a tough year and I still want a cigarette from time to time, but I know its worth. I am still amazed as to how much better my body and I feel not smoking, not to meantion all the $$$$ I saved not buying cigarettes in NY :-)