News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

How did you find week4paug?

Started by Ri©h, April 27, 2009, 08:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StCarl

Quote from: rich on April 29, 2009, 01:16:22 PM
Quote from: StCarl on April 29, 2009, 01:11:21 PM
Heh.

:wink:

Carl was there...  (HotCarl)  :lol:  I still get a kick out of that old screen name you used.  :wink:

Notice that I've been sainted in the meantime.  So I've got that going for me.  Which is nice.

Quote from: rich on April 29, 2009, 01:09:44 PM

Quote from: guyforget on April 29, 2009, 11:19:09 AM
also, i just wanted to expand on my last paragraph upthread -

that our core founders and community are definitely due to the connections we made as part of the furthurnet community.  simply having that chatroom integrated into the software brought all of these people together in a way that we never could have using etree ftp servers or bit torrent (which wasnt even invented at that time).   furthurnet was (and wasnt) a lot of things, but one thing we cant deny is that it was a community building tool in a way that none of us had seen before in this community.  back then there was a pretty big separation between the "haves" and "have nots" in the trading community, and furthurnet definitely helped to break down that wall and bring more music to more people.  without furthurnet.org we would not have week4paug.net today. 

Quoted and emphasized for truth.  :-D

and word to that.
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

Ri©h