News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/09 - Asheville Civic Center - Asheville, NC - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Rift, June 09, 2009, 11:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

This is the Backwards Down The Number Line that converted me to a fan.

Hot Ghost too.

keeb333

Quote from: mattstick on June 10, 2009, 07:56:49 AM

This is the Backwards Down The Number Line that converted me to a fan.

Hot Ghost too.

Yeah, I REALLY liked where they took BDTNL...and Alaska, too, for that matter.  And that new cactus song was groovin, too.

Highlight of the show for me was Maze...they all had surprised looks on their faces when the song was over as if they even impressed themselves! 

rowjimmy

khalpin

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 10, 2009, 08:45:37 AM
When the Cactus Is In Bloom is actually a Jimmie Rodgers tune.
I was wondering what the last new cover was that they'd broken out.  I guess the answer to that is When the Cactus is in Bloom.

keeb333

Quote from: khalpin on June 10, 2009, 08:46:56 AM
I was wondering what the last new cover was that they'd broken out.  I guess the answer to that is When the Cactus is in Bloom.

Thanks, didn't know that was a cover.  It seemed like it could have been something Mike had written.  Definitely appropriate!

rowjimmy

Quote from: keeb333 on June 10, 2009, 08:52:21 AM

Thanks, didn't know that was a cover.  It seemed like it could have been something Mike had written.  Definitely appropriate!

Phish.com still lists it as Bill Monroe. Monroe did play it but Rodgers wrote it and recorded it first.

keeb333

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 10, 2009, 08:55:52 AM

Phish.com still lists it as Bill Monroe. Monroe did play it but Rodgers wrote it and recorded it first.

It's a cool song.  I dug it.  First time covered by Phish or not?

rowjimmy

Quote from: keeb333 on June 10, 2009, 09:04:06 AM

First time.

keeb333

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 10, 2009, 09:05:55 AM
Quote from: keeb333 on June 10, 2009, 09:04:06 AM

First time.

Nice.  It totally caught people off guard.  :lol:

sophist

Great show in my opinion.  I'll have a more detailed review by the weekend, I have to get caught up on work today and then back on the road to Knoxville (I drove back to Atlanta last night -> work). 

BTW, the ghost is the highlight of the show for me. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

willsteele

So it appears the Ghost was epic after all eh?   I can't wait to peep this show out.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

keeb333

Quote from: willsteele on June 10, 2009, 09:23:20 AM
So it appears the Ghost was epic after all eh?   I can't wait to peep this show out.

epic is putting it lightly...it was transcendent!

keeb333

Quote from: Sophist on June 10, 2009, 09:21:55 AM
Great show in my opinion.  I'll have a more detailed review by the weekend, I have to get caught up on work today and then back on the road to Knoxville (I drove back to Atlanta last night -> work). 

Sorry I missed you, man.  Hopefully we can meet up today at some point!

I can't wait to see what they unleash on us tonight, after the sickness of last night!

sophist

Quote from: keeb333 on June 10, 2009, 09:28:28 AM
Quote from: Sophist on June 10, 2009, 09:21:55 AM

Sorry I missed you, man.  Hopefully we can meet up today at some point!

I can't wait to see what they unleash on us tonight, after the sickness of last night!
def.  I will be getting into town around 4:30ish.  I'll catch you on the lot. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

fauxpaxfauxreal

I'm glad everyone likes the ghost as much as I did.  I went fucking crazy in the balcony...  as the song started after BDTNL, I moved to the rear of the balcony, dead center, furthest seat in the house in terms of distance from the band, and started to spark a bowl.  Bowl finished as the song finished, and it was groove time.  I got down, I got funky, and then the band commenced to raging.  This ghost seemed to me to be the 12/2/95 Tweezer of Ghosts.  I was jumping up and down, pumping my fists, and the band kept getting more and more and more and more and more and more intense, until I had the hugest boner that was ever going to crush vaginas ever in the history of the universe, and then the boner turned into a spaceship, and the entire Civic Center hopped on board and rode it to the moon.

Then the jam slowed down, and it was good.

This ghost rocked it.