News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/12 - Bonnaroo - Manchester, TN - Live Setlist Thread

Started by redrum, June 12, 2009, 11:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Quote from: danje on June 12, 2009, 01:17:29 PM
I don't understand why you'd be worried about the jams considering they haven't really been jamming this tour.

because this late-night set screams jamming to me.  hopefully at least a few anyway.

guyforget

I don't understand why you'd be worried about the jams considering they haven't really been jamming this tour.

yet another reason not to encourage guests who will only water down the possibility of jamming.  

the jams are coming.  5 years off is a long time.  they are opening up more and more.  the jams will follow.  but bringing out guests who will only further prohibit the jamming still seems counter-intuitive to what everyone has been yearning for.  

-AD_

danje

Quote from: blatboom on June 12, 2009, 01:19:54 PM

because this late-night set screams jamming to me.  hopefully at least a few anyway.

I pray you are correct. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

rowjimmy

My money is on Phish not playing any longer than a standard show.

guyforget

yeah, those hoping for the next big cypress are sure to be let down.  phish just isnt ready to get that far out of the box just yet.

-AD_

disco

As much as I'd love to see Byrne come out to play, he doesn't do many guest spots. That being said, I'd much prefer the boys branching out vs. Bringing in guests - .02
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

redrum

Quote from: danje on June 12, 2009, 01:22:11 PM
Quote from: blatboom on June 12, 2009, 01:19:54 PM

because this late-night set screams jamming to me.  hopefully at least a few anyway.

I pray you are correct. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

in the future (after the initial "reunion tour")
i don't think they will intentionally hold the jams back.
if one seems to stretch naturally by itself, they'll go with it.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

rowjimmy

I just hope they don't feel pressured to deliver to the point that they blow it.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Rift

Quote from: blatboom on June 12, 2009, 01:14:13 PM
the real question is how long will they play tonight?

Seeing as they have a three hour time slot I'd venture to guess three hours.  :wink:

How about the Beastie Boys coming on stage for a killer Sabotage?  :-D

(yeah, I know it won't happen... but one can be optimistic)
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

mistercharlie

I'm calling a massive Gin to open the show tonight! Although I feel like they'll open with Kill Devil Falls and then play Gin, I'm sticking with Gin as the opener.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

shoreline99

Quote from: thechad on June 12, 2009, 12:55:02 PM
I don't know, I have a feeling that there aren't going to be any special guest playing with them, but they are going to be all over the place sitting in with others all weekend long.

qft

*edit* I could see a David Byrne sit-in for 'cities'. Relatively short song, might be a good fit.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

PhishPhan

Hicks

Quote from: shoreline99 on June 12, 2009, 01:55:56 PM
Quote from: thechad on June 12, 2009, 12:55:02 PM
I don't know, I have a feeling that there aren't going to be any special guest playing with them, but they are going to be all over the place sitting in with others all weekend long.

qft

*edit* I could see a David Byrne sit-in for 'cities'. Relatively short song, might be a good fit.

Maybe, but Phish's version is about half time compared with the TH version, the drastic change in tempo might throw him for a loop.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Hicks on June 12, 2009, 02:03:03 PM

Maybe, but Phish's version is about half time compared with the TH version, the drastic change in tempo might throw him for a loop.
Does he even play that tune much anymore, I thought his setlists were mad up of mostly his solo work anyway.  He may forget how to play it.
I'm sure that's not the case but for whatever reason, my bet is that David Byrne won't be sitting in with anyone.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.