News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

AKRON/FAMILY

Started by Gumbo72203, June 16, 2009, 03:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on August 16, 2009, 10:29:09 PM
Quote from: slslbs on August 16, 2009, 10:27:08 PM
really enjoying that 10/03/08 show.

"you need to reach your inner Hasidism"

has kinda the same tribal vibe as primal Dead, imo

totally tribal.  that's what I like the most about them I think

Agreed. Somehow it seems like we should all be heavily dosed at their shows.

natronzero

Quote from: slslbs on August 16, 2009, 10:27:08 PM

has kinda the same tribal vibe as primal Dead, imo
I've been thinking this a lot lately, especially with shows from the last year or so. Limited, similar setlists but with boundless improvisational potential, noisy, feedbacky jams, the tribal thing, the Americana thing...

Here's another radio appearance I found, from KUCI in Irvine CA on 4-23-08
http://www.sendspace.com/file/keq71e
and these seem to be photos from the session
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vleemuimui/sets/72157604696850052/
I listened to it earlier today -
Gravelly Mountains and Creatures are essentially the same as the current versions, River is played a bit slower and has a cool little jam at the end.
Lake Song is sort of the current version, with the NCMFM drums before and after, and a ridiculously noisy outro jam. No joke, I had to turn it down when the feedback got excruciating.
"There's A Riot On The Corner" is the same thing as "Untitled 1" from the Daytrotter Sessions - that is to say, it's an embryonic version of Everyone Is Guilty with no lyrics.
And "Something For The Neptunes" is sort of this little drum machine and noise jam.

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

rowjimmy

Cool. Thanks for the link.

Speaking to Miles the other night, he let me know that they're fixing to send in their approval for archive.org!!

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

rowjimmy

Bobafett

so am i right that i should check these guys out?  from the comments here, i think it is a must.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

blatboom

Quote from: Bobafett on August 24, 2009, 12:16:36 PM
so am i right that i should check these guys out?  from the comments here, i think it is a must.

get on it!  check out that D.C. show RJ taped for a live sound and the Love is Simple and Set Em Wild, Set Em Free albums..

rowjimmy

Def. check these guys out.

If you like good, psychedelic, music, that is.

If you hate awesomeness and freedom, you may want to skip it.

blatboom

I'm seriously considering hitting up the Baltimore show on 9/10...

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on August 24, 2009, 12:22:44 PM

That's a thursday, right?
Tempting... You think you'll be staying up there?

Bobafett

its on the d/l right now.  thanks!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 24, 2009, 12:25:24 PM

hadn't thought about it.. I guess that would be the way to go.  I would be taking friday off either way.

edit:  yes thursday

danje

I was considering the Philly show on the 11th, but it is a 21+ show. Which is less than a month from my 21st.  :frustrated:

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on August 24, 2009, 12:32:16 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 24, 2009, 12:25:24 PM

hadn't thought about it.. I guess that would be the way to go.  I would be taking friday off either way.

edit:  yes thursday

Hrmm... I am supposed to travel for business the following Monday but that may get postponed. If it does, I'm in.