News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/18 - Star Lake - Burgettstown, PA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Rift, June 19, 2009, 12:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Rift

*yawn* Just climbed out of bed out here in the West... haven't even eaten breakfast yet (let alone gone downstairs). Came to the machine and immediately fired up the show. Wow...! This kicks ass. Is Phish really back? I mean REALLY BACK OR WHAT?!!!?!?!?!?! And this SBD is the best mix I've heard in a few shows.

What a way to wake up!  :banana:
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

rowjimmy

Quote from: Rift on June 19, 2009, 10:51:51 AM
*yawn* Just climbed out of bed out here in the West... haven't even eaten breakfast yet (let alone gone downstairs). Came to the machine and immediately fired up the show. Wow...! This kicks ass. Is Phish really back? I mean REALLY BACK OR WHAT?!!!?!?!?!?! And this SBD is the best mix I've heard in a few shows.

What a way to wake up!  :banana:

I'm gonna go with "technically back" but not REALLY BACK" at least not for a full set; at least not last night.
Set one starts well then leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Set two is good not great.
The encore is pretty fun.

But it sure is nice to have SBDs of the show with your morning corn flakes.

okelnard

Quote from: keeb333 on June 19, 2009, 10:22:47 AM
Quote from: deuce2_420 on June 19, 2009, 10:06:44 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on June 19, 2009, 10:03:34 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 19, 2009, 09:50:58 AM
My detailed review is here:  http://www.rowjimmy.com/archives/507

nice write-up.

what he said

sweet blog!  (really...it IS sweet!)

what they said... nice write up.  I hope they are having fun doing this, so that they will continue to do this... from a few of the antics so far, it seems to be the case.  Can't wait to hear it.
"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

Rift

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 19, 2009, 11:11:38 AM

I'm gonna go with "technically back" but not REALLY BACK" at least not for a full set; at least not last night.
Set one starts well then leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Set two is good not great.

*sigh*
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

rowjimmy

Quote from: Rift on June 19, 2009, 11:46:12 AM

*sigh*

I hope you don't consider that 'trolling' your post, Rich. that was certainly not the intent. Just because we aren't best buds doesn't mean we cannot have a civil, public, discussion about music.

PhishPhan

Just read the review RJ, great work. Can't wait for the Torrent to pop up.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

PhishPhan

Those are the sources but where are the links to the Torrents.

Nevermind, I though those were the database pages that I had. Thanks for letting me know.

Rift

If you have the means, I know some of you do, I highly recommend the SBD of this show. Much improved over the last few offerings we've had.

PhishPhan

I might just stick to the recordings for now. I'll try to download every amazing show, and every show that I go to, but I'm going to save up for next year's tour.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 19, 2009, 11:53:09 AM
Quote from: Rift on June 19, 2009, 11:46:12 AM

*sigh*

I hope you don't consider that 'trolling' your post, Rich. that was certainly not the intent. Just because we aren't best buds doesn't mean we cannot have a civil, public, discussion about music.

Rich, your lengthy PM response to this indicates that I've misinterpreted your post.
I'm sorry.

As you claim that you will not read any responses to your PM's I'm expressing my apology here.

Rift

Dude, COME ON! This thread is for discussing the show... not our personal issues. Please!  :frustrated:

Undermind

Quote from: Rift on June 19, 2009, 12:19:40 PM
If you have the means, I know some of you do, I highly recommend the SBD of this show. Much improved over the last few offerings we've had.

I definately agree.  The live phish folks didn't get the artwork right, but they did improve on this sbd.
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

flow00

K+ for the review, RJ. Well done. Can't wait to give it a listen.