News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/18 - Star Lake - Burgettstown, PA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Rift, June 19, 2009, 12:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: MiamiPhish on June 20, 2009, 10:15:36 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 20, 2009, 09:51:54 AM
oh, and WTF does ftw mean?

amazing shot by MJ.  Look at his evelation, he's almost shooting down.  This and his epic fake out in Utah winning the game and series are many clutch highlights.

Rift

Quote from: williaa on June 19, 2009, 11:23:18 PM
Anyone have any info on the effect mike is using for the Hood intro and also the end of the jam in YEM (prior to the vocal jam, 14:30 on the LP recording)

Its some kind of envelope filter, that seems to have been combined with a flanger or a phaser.

I actually think I might know exactly what it is, because at work, we have a pedal from Rocktron called "The Heart Attack" and its basically that.  Its an envelope filter combined with a flanger.  I've never tried it for bass, although you can use it, so I don't know what it sounds like; i'll try that on Monday and let you know.  

I've been trying to figure this out too and I'm wonder if he's using a 'Bass Balls' pedal with some wort of filter or flanger in his setup. Whatever it is, it kicks ass!!!

Oh and, Gumbo, ftw = for the win.  :wink: :-D
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

sunrisevt

"For The Win"?

I've been wondering the same thing....

:edit: I'm a genius. Thanks Rift.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Rift

Quote from: sunrisevt on June 20, 2009, 10:28:47 AM
"For The Win"?

I've been wondering the same thing....

:edit: I'm a genius. Thanks Rift.

lol, no prob.  :-)
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

PhishPhan

Rift

SER = Seriously (only with emphasis)  SER!!!
:wtu: = Whats The Use

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sunrisevt

You know, rr got in ahead of me while I was typing my own explanation; his is better.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Rift

Bobafett

you know, the one who looked like this at all the shows this summer: :-D :wtu:
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Rift

williaa

Quote from: williaa on June 19, 2009, 11:23:18 PM
Anyone have any info on the effect mike is using for the Hood intro and also the end of the jam in YEM (prior to the vocal jam, 14:30 on the LP recording)

For the win

antelope19

I haven't relistened yet, but I'm still convinced they played Farmhouse instead of Heavy Things.   :lol:   :roll:  I honestly still don't know how I fu**ed that one up.  
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

redrum

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 19, 2009, 03:02:14 PM

i don't think if that guy hadn't jumped on stage they wouldn't have attempted ragtime gal, and they might have even faked the ragtime gal fuck up to play bike because of the wooking.

anyone else have thoughts who was at the show?

faux, while walking out of the show we were also discussing the possibility of the aborted ragtime > bike being planned. not so sure what i think now, but hey either way that's the magic of phish. getting inside your head like that to make you wonder.

guyforget, i also agree with pretty much everything you said about this show.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.