News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/19 - Deer Creek - Noblesville, IN - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, June 20, 2009, 12:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift

Fuck... they played The Connection.   :|

*prepares to hang self

Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

disco

Kid did well, really well considering the weather. I wore him for 80% of the show, we'll see what my back thinks tomorrow : )
Def worth the flight in, they had some really nice improv in set 2.
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

Rift

Quote from: disco on June 20, 2009, 01:36:37 AM
Kid did well, really well considering the weather. I wore him for 80% of the show, we'll see what my back thinks tomorrow : )
Def worth the flight in, they had some really nice improv in set 2.

+k for hangin' in there with your son. How'd he like the show?  :-)
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

Gumbo72203

OHHHHH SNAP.

ima gunna haffa hav me uh KNOWBULLSVIL JAM jam-off!!!

awwwwwwwww shiiiiiiit SON.  

Righteous.  Shorter than the first, and its got some SER shit to live up to, but I'm way hopeful.  Way hopeful.  Anything ever labeled as Noblesville Jam has been epic right up through the ass and out the mouth, up into the nose, back down into the mouth, down the throat and back out the ass.  

all bodily-pallindrome'd-like.  bitch.  says WHAT.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

fauxpaxfauxreal

Heh.  Tonights show was fantastic...  I too liked the first set better than the first... and we got our "Connection" boo ya!

Great shit.  I liked Burgettstown more, but I was practically on the rail the entire show, and the vibe in our section was way more awesome than last night.

I'm really glad that everything worked out for everyone, that storm looked horrendous coming in, and during setbreak when page announced the long ass setbreak, I was sure the second set wouldn't be played.

Luckily enough, they came through with a great second set.

Looking out over the crowd from down front was amazingly awesome.  The entire lawn and pavilion got down hardcores from beginning to end which is definitely commendable.

I feel really sad that this first run of shows is coming to an end this weekend.

These two alpine shows are going to rule it!

mistercharlie

Just getting home from the show. Had one helluva great time. I picked up an Ocelot/Puma shirt. This might just be the shrooms talking but I think that was one of the best shows of the tour. I was so sure the show was gonna end after one set when Page said that the lawn folks should return to there cars and the show would restart at 11.
But the Boys brought the heat to make up for the longass setbreak. ASIHTOS -> Drowned -> Twist Around was amazing. Tweezer was bad ass. 2001 was funky as hell. Suzy was the closest they've come to the long jammed out Suzy I so desperatly crave. Possum had a strange slowness to it, I think.
I was so sure that Antelope would be the encore!!! This is the first year they didn't play Antelope at Deer Creek.
:phish: :phish: :banana: :phish: :phish:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Rift

Quote from: Mistercharlie on June 20, 2009, 03:20:23 AM
ASIHTOS -> Drowned -> Twist Around was amazing. Tweezer was bad ass. 2001 was funky as hell.

Listening to that right now. Although this SBD REALLY sucks. Flat as hell.  :frustrated:

Rift

Trey is ripping it up during the Noblesville Jam. Wow!  :-D

fauxpaxfauxreal

Ok, let me say that Mistercharlie is pretty much spot on with a lot of his assessments.... but at the same time a little spot off (from my interpretation of the show).

I too felt at setbreak that the show would be dunzo, or we would get an abbreviated second set a'la Tennessee 99.  The evacuation/reintigration of all the heads out of the lawn and back onto the lawn was done pretty skillfully, I must say.  Sadly enough, however, when 11:00 fell and the band ripped into "A Song I Heard the Ocean Sing", only 1/4 of the lawn was filled.  Awesomely enough, by the end of the song, the entire lawn was back to 100 percent rocking capacity.

Meanwhile, in the pavilion, the stacks on pages side were lowered and allowed to rest on the ground during the long long long storm break.  Pages Piano and Boards, Trey's Stacks, Trey's pedals, mic's, drums, etc were covered with plastic.  After the second set continued, pages full sized grand piano kept it's plastic covering for extra protection.

What follows is a breakdown extrapolating what mister charlie said to confirm/argue/further cement your opinion of what this show was like...if it's worth your time to listen too...

A Song I heard the Ocean Sing---->Rocktastic.  I like this song.  The jam was pretty typically great, but nothing retarded.   Daddy likes this to begin the second set.

Drowned---->Not a true segue into Drowned.  Drowned definitely started on it's own.  Good drowned.  Fun to dance to.  Slightly repetitive, but rock tastic.  Had a funkish vibe for a long while, and is probably fun to hear in the car, at the computer or wherever.  Nothing retarded, again like A Song I heard the ocean sing....this did however segue (kind of poorly imo) into..

Twist--->So much potential!  I really want to hear this jam again...it had a lot of themes that could have been picked up and expounded upon, and unfortunately they never would tonight.  Damn I wanted this to keep going when it fizzled out and ended....and then we got

Tweezer--->Dance party U.S.A.  Solid groovy tweezer.  Nothing melted my face off (not like the YEM from Burgettstown), but I got down really hard and it was fucking awesome to see.  Again, fun to hear, but nothing out of the ordinairy.

2001--->Yes.  Right mix between jamming and tight playing.  Fuck yes.

Suzy Greenberg--->Fuck yes.  Again nothing mindblowing, but it was bad ass....

Possum--->Possum got fucking dirty.  Mike and Trey traded some licks at a low volume and the jam built from there.  I really really really liked the possum.  Definitely my fave possum already of the ones I saw.  Trey and Mike brought the jam to a rediculously tiny level of intensity and it was all the better for it.  Huge surprise, since I thought for sure Suzy was ending the set.

The encore was the encore.  Either you like sleeping monkey or you don't.  I happen to enjoy it.  Sorry if you don't.  Tweeprise fucking melted my face fantastically like it always should.

Solid fucking playing.  Awesome to see live, but nothing that will change your perspective on shit if you hear it on tape, ya dig?

That first  rocked hard corez tho.

FauxSerious.

mistercharlie

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 20, 2009, 03:43:29 AM
Possum--->Possum got fucking dirty.  Mike and Trey traded some licks at a low volume and the jam built from there.  I really really really liked the possum.  Definitely my fave possum already of the ones I saw.  Trey and Mike brought the jam to a rediculously tiny level of intensity and it was all the better for it.  Huge surprise, since I thought for sure Suzy was ending the set.

QFT. This was a wicked Possum. I found it hard to describe, but you did it perfectly.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Rift

Nice review fauxpax... and Mr. C.  +k to you both.  :-)

I'm listening to the Tweezer right now.... whoooa yeah!!!   :evil:

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on June 20, 2009, 07:34:22 AM
for me, this show looks like the best of tour on paper.

Very excited to hear it all.

BDTNL rips, btw.

Gumbo72203

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again