News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/19 - Deer Creek - Noblesville, IN - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, June 20, 2009, 12:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaise

I'm driving to alpine right now but I wanted to post something quick.

I thought tonight was really good and I thought the drowned twist was incredible. They were incredibly locked in at fat point and in the pavillion the crowd was just eating it up.

I also thought the second set was going to be cancelled but I couldn't have been happier with everything that did happen.

I thought last night destroyed Pitt where I felt like things were still forced at times but I'll have to listen on tape. Maybe I was in the perfect state of mind to enjoy the storm crazyness and the dirty dirty drowned twist tweezer 2001 that ensued. Also the boys were pretty much bringing in the storm during fluffhead.

justjezmund

whats happening all?  Just picked it up in for a good morning afternoon resting off my burgh injury.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Rift

This show is the shizz. That's whaz happening.  8-)

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 20, 2009, 08:53:21 AM
Quote from: Rift on June 20, 2009, 03:35:20 AM
Trey is ripping it up during the Noblesville Jam. Wow!  :-D
DUH.  

:roll:

Quiet you!
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

phishtube

ASIHTOS thru 2001 was fire. Some of the best 3.0 improv yet!

I did not stutter  ;D

You know it was a good show when there are 3 jams (asihtos,drowned,tweezer) that made me more excited than the 2001.
-pay attention, focus, and stay in the moment-

emay

Quote from: phishtube on June 20, 2009, 02:36:08 PM
ASIHTOS thru 2001 was fire. Some of the best 3.0 improv yet!

I did not stutter  ;D

You know it was a good show when there are 3 jams (asihtos,drowned,tweezer) that made me more excited than the 2001.

agreed! It is some flammmmme. Wish I was there last night, still like the setlist from Star Lake a little better, IMO

kellerb

Quote from: kellerbMet up with a&cb, disco, mirth, blaise, :wtu: and a couple people I'm blanking on @ setbreak.  I believe I called the set II tweezer.  Definitely saw that Drowned coming after the delay was announced.  Crazy lightning pretty much the entire show, and wind.  Medium rain after the delay-announcement, my buddies & I crowded behind the pavilion and stayed reasonably dry, did not return to our vehicles.  Rain let up, wind backed down, set 2 stayed dry until suzy/possum'ish time, then it started coming down good, and conveniently let up as soon as we were back in our vehicle, completely drenched.  Ziplock bag FTW.  Everyone staying in the pavilion until the rain stopped made parking lot exit relatively easy / out in 30 minutes.  Hope everyone camping had good tents and/or shelter.

1st set was well-played, nice fluff, good choice of new tunes.  I falsely called setbreak about three songs in a row.  2nd set was out THERE quite a bit.  Much slack-jawed Trey staring at the lawn, much type II in the asihtos -> drowned -> twist, and tweezer. Let me lie started out a bit too low-energy, but the nice ballad-jam at the end (and then tweezer) made up for it.  Suzy jammed somewhat atypically, in my opinion, and possum jam either had a tease I didn't recognize, or almost segued into another song.  I like sleeping monkey, and tweeprise rocked, with trey hopping up & down for most of the song.

VA $l!m

ahhhh i need to DL this one quick!
other than my BDAY show from Jbeach on the 5th, this is the first show that is calling me to check it out stat!

personally i'm aaBIg fan of DCREEK, and i had a feeling it would be te show i wanted to see form the first leg. of course swinc ei couldnt make it i was correct in my assumption.

i'm grabbing the SBDS, but if anyone can recommend a good audience pull, please LMK. in fact it might be cool if members contributing to these post show discussions dropped AUD recording recommnedations ever time if they hear one that floats there boat... just for some of us that arent as good at filtering through the usualy glut of sources out there, it waould eb very appreciated.

though i'm sure there could have been some issues with last night's tapers with the bad weather and all...?

thx, slim.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Rift

Quote from: VA slim on June 20, 2009, 02:57:38 PM
i'm grabbing the SBDS, but if anyone can recommend a good audience pull, please LMK. in fact it might be cool if members contributing to these post show discussions dropped AUD recording recommnedations ever time if they hear one that floats there boat... just for some of us that arent as good at filtering through the usualy glut of sources out there, it waould eb very appreciated.

Either one of these:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=526064

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=526065

Personally I like the first of those two. Z-man had an excellent pull but so did Craig (phishy12). Both are Schoeps AUDs so take yer pick.
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

VA $l!m

Quote from: Rift on June 20, 2009, 03:09:35 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 20, 2009, 02:57:38 PM

Either one of these:

Personally I like the first of those two. Z-man had an excellent pull but so did Craig (phishy12). Both are Schoeps AUDs so take yer pick.

thanks Rift!

i know some folk think its annoying when peeps ask for recommendations of their fav audience pull, but as i mentioned it is really helpful, especially for someone who might not have enough time to sample everything trying to keep up with whats going on with the tour as it happens.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Rift

No worries, bro. I'll always hook up a fellow Pauger if they need a recommend for a good AUD.   8-)

disco

FOB may be the way to go for this show. I haven't heard any tapes yet but the section is near the back of the pav. We'll see how they turn out. Nice meeting up with everybody during set break, the crazy lightning was pretty entertaining : )
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

blatboom

just checking out a few numbers while I got the chance.  So nice to hear the fast Water in the Sky again even though it sounded rusty as hell.

Hicks

Quote from: disco on June 20, 2009, 04:01:01 PM
FOB may be the way to go for this show. I haven't heard any tapes yet but the section is near the back of the pav. We'll see how they turn out. Nice meeting up with everybody during set break, the crazy lightning was pretty entertaining : )

Seems like they've been giving the OTS the shaft at a lot of stops on this tour.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

khalpin

Quote from: Rift on June 20, 2009, 03:09:35 PM
Either one of these:

I've only heard that FOB Schoeps, but it sounds pretty nice.  D/L'ing the sbds now to compare.

justjezmund

well that was a fun listen.  second set is awesome, ASIHTOS is f'in great along with the drowned jam sick. Getting pumped to sit on here for tonite.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.