News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/19 - Deer Creek - Noblesville, IN - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, June 20, 2009, 12:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: VA slim on June 23, 2009, 04:33:04 PM
Quote from: flow00 on June 23, 2009, 04:28:23 PM
Play It Leo: K+ for the great review. I'm not sure why this thread only has four pages, but this is my favorite show of the tour. Camden is overrated.  :-o

More on the details later ...

yeah, i'm only 3 songs in, and its already my fav... i knew right away when i saw teh setlist. though to be fair i havent heard alpine yet either. i agree about camden. its gonna end up being about 4th/5th best of the tour on my list i think.
well, i havent had sh-- time to listen to shows this week, but i'm finally trying to finish up this one as i type... and i'm currently convincing myself that this is BY FAR , and i mean by leaps and bounds far, my favorite of the the tour. alpine will be the only ones that have a chance to beat it, and i'll get to listen to after  i finish up this one. the SIHTOS>drowned>twist, etc. KILLED it! the first jams of '09 that really got me off 100% adn gave me that classic feeling of "what song was i listening to?"

lOt SeC'rty seal of Approval.
:mrgreen:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

susep

Quote from: VA slim on June 27, 2009, 10:45:24 PM
Play It Leo: K+ for the great review. I'm not sure why this thread only has four pages, but this is my favorite show of the tour. Camden is overrated.  :-o

yeah, i'm only 3 songs in, and its already my fav... i knew right away when i saw teh setlist. though to be fair i havent heard alpine yet either. i agree about camden. its gonna end up being about 4th/5th best of the tour on my list i think.
well, i havent had sh-- time to listen to shows this week, but i'm finally trying to finish up this one as i type... and i'm currently convincing myself that this is BY FAR , and i mean by leaps and bounds far, my favorite of the the tour. alpine will be the only ones that has a chance to beat it, and i'll get to listen to after  i finish up this one. the SIHTOS>drowned>twist, etc. KILLED it! the first jams of '09 that really got me off 100% adn gave me that classic feeling of "what song was i listening to?"

my exact impression, after Twist I was like wtf? in a good way.

kellerb

I was controlling the band with my mind.  But only from fluffhead onward.

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: kellerb on June 28, 2009, 01:49:46 AM
FauxPaxFauxReal was controlling the band with his mind.  But only from fluffhead onward.

Yeah right nOOb.  I was controlling them from my sweet seat on the rail page side.

FYP!

flow00

Quote from: susep73 on June 27, 2009, 10:47:09 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 27, 2009, 10:45:24 PM
Play It Leo: K+ for the great review. I'm not sure why this thread only has four pages, but this is my favorite show of the tour. Camden is overrated.  :-o

well, i havent had sh-- time to listen to shows this week, but i'm finally trying to finish up this one as i type... and i'm currently convincing myself that this is BY FAR , and i mean by leaps and bounds far, my favorite of the the tour. alpine will be the only ones that has a chance to beat it, and i'll get to listen to after  i finish up this one. the SIHTOS>drowned>twist, etc. KILLED it! the first jams of '09 that really got me off 100% adn gave me that classic feeling of "what song was i listening to?"

my exact impression, after Twist I was like wtf? in a good way.

And the Tweezer>2001 was not so shabby, I must say. And I love you guys for noticing that Deer Creek is THE show of the tour.  8-)

fauxpaxfauxreal

Jeeze.

Deer Creek was a ton of fun...

BBBBBBUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT.... It was far from the best of the tour.  I'm not being disparraging or a nannerpuss, I'm just trying to be fair to the other bajillion hot ass shows this tour.

VA $l!m

honestly its the only show i've heard so far that i didnt find myself being overly critical/nitpicky. when listening to it it just sounded like any other-IE old school-- phish show. whereas every other 3.0 show i've heard i havent been completely satisfied that they could play like they used to.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: VA slim on June 28, 2009, 07:19:49 PM
honestly its the only show i've heard so far that i didnt find myself being overly critical/nitpicky. when listening to it it just sounded like any other-IE old school-- phish show. whereas every other 3.0 show i've heard i havent been completely satisfied that they could play like they used to.

You didn't feel that way after hearing the second set of camden?

VA $l!m

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 28, 2009, 07:21:19 PM

not in the slightest. i liked camden, it was hot, actually i prefer the first set, but overall it still had a serious "squeeky wheel" feel to it, for lack of a better way to put it. it was like Hampton on steroids, but still hampton...

flow00

VA Slim and Susep back me up - Some of the best 3.0 is in the second set of Deer Creek.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: VA slim on June 28, 2009, 07:23:41 PM

not in the slightest. i liked camden, it was hot, actually i prefer the first set, but overall it still had a serious "squeeky wheel" feel to it, for lack of a better way to put it. it was like Hampton on steroids, but still hampton...

Weird.  I disagree 110 percent.  The last 6 minutes of the Sand, the retardedly awesome First Tube, the Suzie with Sand jam quotes from Trey, the sick sick Tweezer (how you guys don't like this Tweezer is really beyond me...), the Antelope in the encore and the introduction of Joy all make this second set instant-classic Phish for me.

Actually, most of the better shows I don't consider to be "Post-Hiatus" at all. 

I do not hear this squeeky wheel syndrome that you are describing, at all.

Deer Creek was awesome...but I think everything else that you don't think is awesome is as awesome as deer creek.

I think I enjoy Deer Creek as much as you guys, but I think you all don't enjoy the other stuff as much as I do...if that makes any sense.

VA $l!m

agree to disagree i guess, b/c the more you talk about that 2nd set of camden the more things its making me think i  could point out that i really dont like about it.
without rehashing S-Freakie's post, i agree with most of his assessment. and yes, i do think the tweez is Very weak, sorry.

blatboom

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 28, 2009, 07:29:33 PM
Quote from: VA slim on June 28, 2009, 07:23:41 PM

Weird.  I disagree 110 percent.  The last 6 minutes of the Sand, the retardedly awesome First Tube, the Suzie with Sand jam quotes from Trey, the sick sick Tweezer (how you guys don't like this Tweezer is really beyond me...), the Antelope in the encore and the introduction of Joy all make this second set instant-classic Phish for me.

Actually, most of the better shows I don't consider to be "Post-Hiatus" at all. 

I do not hear this squeeky wheel syndrome that you are describing, at all.

Deer Creek was awesome...but I think everything else that you don't think is awesome is as awesome as deer creek.

I think I enjoy Deer Creek as much as you guys, but I think you all don't enjoy the other stuff as much as I do...if that makes any sense.

First Tube was in the first set.. but Camden still kicks ass  :wink:

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: VA slim on June 28, 2009, 07:34:55 PM
agree to disagree i guess, b/c the more you talk about that 2nd set of camden the more things its making me think i  could point out that are really weak about it.
without rehashing S-Freakie's post, i agree with most of his assessment. and yes, i do think the tweez is Very weak, sorry.

Yeah, agree to disagree.  I've listened to the show a few times, and I guess I'm just deaf and can't hear ugly mistakes ;)

Deer Creek is most definitely an awesome show...I had a freaking blast, danced my balls off and had one of the rail security guards tell me that I was more entertaining than the actual show itself.

The show is most definitely awesome.  However, the shows that surrounded it were all way awesome too and nothing from Deer Creek stood up, smacked me in the face and said THIS IS ATYPICALLY AWESOME.

Also, I remember being very pissed that they didn't bring Twist up to the next level of awesome.  That Twist had the potential to be HUGE, and I felt kind of let down by it.

All things considered, this show was most definitely awesome to me, but it wasn't like "OMG, did you see what just happened" kinda awesome.

Good shit!

----->also yes, Camden does kick ass.  only show I've heard in a long time where I have been like "god damn, I wish I could have been there".<-----