News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by blatboom, June 21, 2009, 12:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift

Quote from: thechad on June 21, 2009, 01:15:54 AM
Quote from: Rift on June 21, 2009, 01:11:12 AM
Quote from: thechad on June 21, 2009, 01:06:52 AM
Quote from: metalzone58 on June 21, 2009, 01:02:41 AM
Quote from: thechad on June 21, 2009, 12:59:40 AM
Quote from: blatboom on June 21, 2009, 12:55:05 AM
Quote from: thechad on June 21, 2009, 12:50:43 AM
Quote from: metalzone58 on June 21, 2009, 12:49:09 AM
Quote from: thechad on June 21, 2009, 12:47:19 AM
I remember a time when seeing a Ghost and YEM in the same set was enough to make one stain their jeans, not so much anymore.
I guess that's a product of Phish 3.0

I know, hopefully this won't always be the case and it will once again become a jeans creamer of an occurrence, very little of that happening now a days.

I really like just about everything I've heard.  I'm just waiting for them to really take some jams out there.  1 or 2 a show would be killer right about now.

I do like everything that I've heard for the most part, just pining for a little but of how it was back in the day.  Like I said, if they had played a show anytime from 97-00 that had a set II with both Ghost and YEM, we all would have lost our shit, but now because we know what style they are jamming in right now, it's really not all that mind-blowing.  I'm sure it's still good, just not as good as it once was and hopefully will be again.
It depends on how how effort they are willing to put into practicing together and how long these tours are going to last

I think the effort and the willingness is there, it just takes time to get to the point of constant face meltingness.  What they are doing now I would hold on par with what they were playing in 92 - early 93, and with them putting in some work I think they can get their minds in the same places they were in the late 90's again much sooner that it took back then.  As it's been said ad nauseum in other threads, it's been a few years and they're sober now, it just going to take some time.  I'm all for going along for the ride, it just gets a little frustrating at times.

92 and 93 were their smokin' "here we are, look how much we can kick ass" years. Seeing them for the first time in 92 blew me away. I couldn't believe what I had seen. And to make a case for it, much of 92 and 93 were some of their most incredible shows. I agree that what they're doing now is definitely on par with that. Excellent point. But we also need to cut them some slack and let them find their groove again. Too many people are harshing on them without even hearing the shows.

I've heard everything except for tonight and last night, and everything else is exactly what I said just different wording.

That's okay, Chad. We all see this differently and at some point we'll all come together on this. Just need to give it time is all. Just a little more time. It's coming... like a supersonic F-22 Raptor. It just hasn't arrived yet.
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Rift

Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

Rift

disco

Quote from: Rift on June 21, 2009, 01:18:38 AM
Quote from: thechad on June 21, 2009, 01:15:54 AM
Quote from: Rift on June 21, 2009, 01:11:12 AM
Quote from: thechad on June 21, 2009, 01:06:52 AM
Quote from: metalzone58 on June 21, 2009, 01:02:41 AM
Quote from: thechad on June 21, 2009, 12:59:40 AM
Quote from: blatboom on June 21, 2009, 12:55:05 AM
Quote from: thechad on June 21, 2009, 12:50:43 AM
Quote from: metalzone58 on June 21, 2009, 12:49:09 AM
Quote from: thechad on June 21, 2009, 12:47:19 AM
I remember a time when seeing a Ghost and YEM in the same set was enough to make one stain their jeans, not so much anymore.
I guess that's a product of Phish 3.0

I know, hopefully this won't always be the case and it will once again become a jeans creamer of an occurrence, very little of that happening now a days.

I really like just about everything I've heard.  I'm just waiting for them to really take some jams out there.  1 or 2 a show would be killer right about now.

I do like everything that I've heard for the most part, just pining for a little but of how it was back in the day.  Like I said, if they had played a show anytime from 97-00 that had a set II with both Ghost and YEM, we all would have lost our shit, but now because we know what style they are jamming in right now, it's really not all that mind-blowing.  I'm sure it's still good, just not as good as it once was and hopefully will be again.
It depends on how how effort they are willing to put into practicing together and how long these tours are going to last

I think the effort and the willingness is there, it just takes time to get to the point of constant face meltingness.  What they are doing now I would hold on par with what they were playing in 92 - early 93, and with them putting in some work I think they can get their minds in the same places they were in the late 90's again much sooner that it took back then.  As it's been said ad nauseum in other threads, it's been a few years and they're sober now, it just going to take some time.  I'm all for going along for the ride, it just gets a little frustrating at times.

92 and 93 were their smokin' "here we are, look how much we can kick ass" years. Seeing them for the first time in 92 blew me away. I couldn't believe what I had seen. And to make a case for it, much of 92 and 93 were some of their most incredible shows. I agree that what they're doing now is definitely on par with that. Excellent point. But we also need to cut them some slack and let them find their groove again. Too many people are harshing on them without even hearing the shows.

I've heard everything except for tonight and last night, and everything else is exactly what I said just different wording.

That's okay, Chad. We all see this differently and at some point we'll all come together on this. Just need to give it time is all. Just a little more time. It's coming... like a supersonic F-22 Raptor. It just hasn't arrived yet.

glad to see we still have people that we can boot from here.....
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

Rift

G. Augusto

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

PhishPhan

Just got back from the show. Boy, did that blow me away, more so than Hampton.

disco

Quote from: Rift on June 21, 2009, 01:38:35 AM
Thanks disco. Thanks a lot.  :|

just don't talk shit to people who have been around for a while. If you know them well, that's fine but this did not seem that way. We try to keep this board clean for positive discussions, not for tearin into people for no reason. I rarely speak up for this stuff but it's why I like this board far better than anything else out there. Keep it clean or go home

edit: whether people have been around for a while or not....don't talk shit

www.week4paug.net

cleech74

Quote from: PhishPhan on June 21, 2009, 01:45:35 AM

Awesome.  Meet-up with any 'Paugers?
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

disco

those set 2 segues, I'm assuming we just had no break btwn songs. I doubt there was much opportunity for most of those to segue. Curious about the YEM>NICU though, that one could have something fun within

www.week4paug.net

PhishPhan

Quote from: cleech74 on June 21, 2009, 01:47:59 AM
Quote from: PhishPhan on June 21, 2009, 01:45:35 AM

Awesome.  Meet-up with any 'Paugers?

Unfortunately, no. I was thinking about dropping by since I had lawn seats tonight, but it just passed my mind. Do you know where they were hanging out on the lawn?