News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/14 - Bonnaroo - Manchester, TN - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by thechad, June 15, 2009, 01:25:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Nah, he just had a stoner moment.  I think the problem is fixed now.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Rift

Iirc, I started hearing the chant during late 96 into 97ish. I could be wrong and often am but sometime around that period. Definitely way before 2000.
Quote from: flow00Let's enjoy the tunes. The boys are back and that's what matters. 8)

guyforget

i think people associate the line "and we love to take a bath" w/ getting drunk, since the song is about gin and all (at least on its face). 

i dont mind that as much as the "dooooooo do-do do dah dodo dep dop doop do-dooooo'ers"

i agree that many are can be annoying, but none come close to effecting our opinions of the show when we leave (im assuming). 

i think sing-alongs are more annoying than more of the brief true participation moments.  and, if the band thinks its cool and feeds off of it, why would i want to hinder that?
-AD_

Superfreakie

Quote from: mattstick on June 16, 2009, 03:18:22 PM

Why do fans love that lyric so much?

Because the lyrics are laced with acid imagery, and bathtub gin being bootleg liquor, I have always interpreted it as "and we love to trip the fuck out"

If I were to choose my favorite lyrical songs ever, without question, Bathtub Gin would be found on that list.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mattstick

VA $l!m

Quote from: guyforget on June 16, 2009, 07:09:15 PM
i think people associate the line "and we love to take a bath" w/ getting drunk, since the song is about gin and all (at least on its face).  

i dont mind that as much as the "dooooooo do-do do dah dodo dep dop doop do-dooooo'ers"

i agree that many are can be annoying, but none come close to effecting our opinions of the show when we leave (im assuming).  

i think sing-alongs are more annoying than more of the brief true participation moments.  and, if the band thinks its cool and feeds off of it, why would i want to hinder that?

back~99>00 me and the misses were heavy gin drinkers and this was def our fav song... jibboo worked as well.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

willsteele

Rock and Roll > Light.  Dopeness.

The RNR itself wasn't all that great but the jam into Light was awesome I thought.  I really enjoy Light.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

blatboom

Quote from: willsteele on July 17, 2009, 12:58:05 PM

The RNR itself wasn't all that great but the jam into Light was awesome I thought.  I really enjoy Light.

totally!  probably the best 3.0 transition I've heard.  (admittedly there's a lot of 3.0 I've yet to dig into)

willsteele

Quote from: blatboom on July 17, 2009, 02:26:53 PM
Quote from: willsteele on July 17, 2009, 12:58:05 PM

totally!  probably the best 3.0 transition I've heard.  (admittedly there's a lot of 3.0 I've yet to dig into)

WORD.  Thats what I was thinkin....very sweet > .
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.