News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R7/W03: 02-19-1991 The Bayou, Washington, DC

Started by rowjimmy, July 06, 2009, 07:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 08, 2009, 08:21:48 PM
Nice reviews, guys.

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 08, 2009, 06:39:39 PM

02. Mike's Song > You hear that cheer at about 20 seconds in? Is that a cheer for Sandsio bringing out the tramps? Short but sweet jam. Rocks like it should! Love Mike's tone in the Jam. I miss that tone! He lost that in the mid-90's and finally found a new also great tone in 97. But that old tone is nice!

03. I Am Hydrogen > Remember when Mike's Groove was like Phish's Help-Slip-Frank and was never played any other way? That stopped right around when I started seeing shows. I've seen 23 Mike's Songs and only 6 H2's – and 2 of those 6 were in 2009! Sorry, love IHOZ sometimes – "I Am Hydrogen was not seen between 7/2/94 and 12/30/99 [53 shows]"

Couple comments on your comments. re: Mike's Song. I absolutely love that old school Mike's Song tone and miss it as well.
re: your Hydrogen drought, I sufferred similarly from 94 > 1999-12-30. That First night @ cypress fixed a lot of long droughts for me (Sloth!)

Yes - I was drunk on sangria and literally in tears as H2 washed over me...

Oh, and Birdman is right! I stand corrected. I did see a Landlady open a show. Oops!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 09, 2009, 07:46:46 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 08, 2009, 08:21:48 PM
Nice reviews, guys.

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 08, 2009, 06:39:39 PM

02. Mike's Song > You hear that cheer at about 20 seconds in? Is that a cheer for Sandsio bringing out the tramps? Short but sweet jam. Rocks like it should! Love Mike's tone in the Jam. I miss that tone! He lost that in the mid-90's and finally found a new also great tone in 97. But that old tone is nice!

03. I Am Hydrogen > Remember when Mike's Groove was like Phish's Help-Slip-Frank and was never played any other way? That stopped right around when I started seeing shows. I've seen 23 Mike's Songs and only 6 H2's – and 2 of those 6 were in 2009! Sorry, love IHOZ sometimes – "I Am Hydrogen was not seen between 7/2/94 and 12/30/99 [53 shows]"

Couple comments on your comments. re: Mike's Song. I absolutely love that old school Mike's Song tone and miss it as well.
re: your Hydrogen drought, I sufferred similarly from 94 > 1999-12-30. That First night @ cypress fixed a lot of long droughts for me (Sloth!)

Yes - I was drunk on sangria and literally in tears as H2 washed over me...

Oh, and Birdman is right! I stand corrected. I did see a Landlady open a show. Oops!

Yep. I was not so drunk but I was def. in heaven to finally see Hydrogen again. I'd taken to almost praying for it each time I heard them kick off Mike's Song.

PIE-GUY

Cypress was so great - we "snuck" one of these into the concert grounds on 12/30:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

G. Augusto

Llama - Nice kick, Fish! Shit is thumpy! Definitely a nice club gig sound going on.

Curtain - This is a good hint of what might happen throughout the night. If you didn't know what to expect when your friend dragged (drugged) you to this here Fish concert, you now have no idea.

Golgi - Sweet segue! Was that even a segue?!

Reba - See what I mean! What are these guys even playing? Love Trey's old tone. Just a great version similar to most '91's.

Dinner/Sloth - It's odd 'cause I love both of these tunes but always seem to lump them together. Back to back weird stuffs.

Jim - Rent $

Coil - OKish composed section. Trey is slightly out of tune (and pretty much stays that way for the majority of the night)....You mean they're not gonna leave Page up there?

Bowie - Pretty radical intro with plenty going on. I like how they get right to the jam. They bust out the 4ths secret language but kinda miss it. That actually turns out to be a good thing since they have a big space to smash right back in with and complete the face searing.
HB teases...

MSO - 2nd time as a 2nd set opener.

Mike's Groove - The Mike's does what it does. The H2 is out of tune. The Weekapaug is shragenivorous.

Guelah - It's like someone hit the slow mooooo button. Still very new and getting a ton of play time.

Landlady - Love it. Trey pretty much ruled your world.

Esther - A bucket puppet?! Nice!

Split - I like the earlier ones. The jam starts nicely with the slight pauses and then gets pretty noisy. Trey gets some wicked sustain and manipulates the wave with his bridge. He was manually channeling the whale. I know this.

Love You - You can't celebrate Fish's BD without a HYHU BD. I like the return of the Whole Lotta Love jam.

OKP/Suzy - Neurologist? Aw shit. Aw fuck! Page shines and rocks a sweater.

Rocky - Topps.

Magilla - Man. Trey was good.

Fire - Very slight Buried Alive tease by Trey during the solo and a mighty fine way to close the show.

The only thing missing was a bluegrass tune.
I'm sure the band made a boatload of new fans this night by just doing what they do.

I give it a B+.
a

G. Augusto

Oh yeah... :-)
That had it all!
Except for an a Capella tune.

rowjimmy

Well, I'm glad you guys enjoyed my pick. I was not sure how it'd go over as it's not a show that I know and love so much as it's one that I listened to at least once and thought enough of it to keep it handy.