October 22, 2021, 01:38:40 AM

News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937


Pwning of the Year.

Started by sophist, July 15, 2009, 07:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

khalpin

Quote from: Sophist on July 22, 2009, 11:55:13 AM
Quote from: khalpin on July 22, 2009, 11:07:40 AM
Not from this year, but how about August and the Montana jam discussion on some other Phish board....  That was some good stuff.
see here
Thanks for finding that, although the link to the actual thread yields: "The requested topic does not exist."

Bummer.  I would've like to have read that again.

mbw

2010:

Quote from: sophist on February 01, 2010, 05:36:31 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 01, 2010, 04:26:58 AM
When was the last time that ANY Phish song was broken in half, after '95?  Aside from the Moby Dick show, which was a return to that goofball-ness itself...
06/25/97 DWD -> piper -> DWD
07/10/97 Ghost -> Take Me to the River -> Ghost
11/23/97 Down with Disease -> Low Rider -> Down with Disease
12/13/97  Weekapaug Groove -> Catapult -> Weekapaug Groove
07/09/98 Scent of a Mule -> Blister in the Sun -> Scent of a Mule
11/27/98  Chalk Dust Torture -> Mirror in the Bathroom -> Chalk Dust Torture -> Dog Log -> Chalk Dust Torture, Weekapaug Groove -> Wipe Out -> Weekapaug Groove, Weekapaug Reprise
07/07/99  My Left Toe -> Wading in the Velvet Sea -> My Left Toe
09/29/99 Mike's Song -> Catapult -> Mike's Song -> Kung -> Mike's Song
06/22/00 Harry Hood -> Dog Faced Boy > Harry Hood
02/16/03 Down with Disease -> Seven Below -> Down with Disease
07/15/03 Mr. Completely -> Low Rider -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Buried Alive > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Ha Ha Ha > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Mr. Completely > Spread It 'Round, Walls of the Cave, Golgi Apparatus > Slave to the Traffic Light
07/18/03 I Didn't Know > Dust In the Wind > I Didn't Know
08/02/03 Seven Below -> Scents and Subtle Sounds -> Seven Below
12/30/03 L.A. Woman -> Birds of a Feather > L.A. Woman
12/31/03 Chalk Dust Torture -> Slave to the Traffic Light > Chalk Dust Torture
06/25/04 You Enjoy Myself -> Also Sprach Zarathustra -> You Enjoy Myself
08/11/04 Scent of a Mule -> Tears of a Clown -> Scent of a Mule
08/12/04 Maze -> Catapult -> Maze
06/12/09 You Enjoy Myself -> Wilson -> You Enjoy Myself


kellerb

Quote from: blatboom on July 22, 2009, 10:43:02 AM
more Gumbownership..
http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=11638.msg239443#msg239443

I'd just like to point out that the word "Gumbownership" is full of win, and totally pwns lots of other words.  Just say it aloud.

blatboom


WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 05:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!


Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 05:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 01, 2010, 03:14:20 PM
2010:

Quote from: sophist on February 01, 2010, 05:36:31 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 01, 2010, 04:26:58 AM
When was the last time that ANY Phish song was broken in half, after '95?  Aside from the Moby Dick show, which was a return to that goofball-ness itself...
06/25/97 DWD -> piper -> DWD
07/10/97 Ghost -> Take Me to the River -> Ghost
11/23/97 Down with Disease -> Low Rider -> Down with Disease
12/13/97  Weekapaug Groove -> Catapult -> Weekapaug Groove
07/09/98 Scent of a Mule -> Blister in the Sun -> Scent of a Mule
11/27/98  Chalk Dust Torture -> Mirror in the Bathroom -> Chalk Dust Torture -> Dog Log -> Chalk Dust Torture, Weekapaug Groove -> Wipe Out -> Weekapaug Groove, Weekapaug Reprise
07/07/99  My Left Toe -> Wading in the Velvet Sea -> My Left Toe
09/29/99 Mike's Song -> Catapult -> Mike's Song -> Kung -> Mike's Song
06/22/00 Harry Hood -> Dog Faced Boy > Harry Hood
02/16/03 Down with Disease -> Seven Below -> Down with Disease
07/15/03 Mr. Completely -> Low Rider -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Buried Alive > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Ha Ha Ha > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Mr. Completely > Spread It 'Round, Walls of the Cave, Golgi Apparatus > Slave to the Traffic Light
07/18/03 I Didn't Know > Dust In the Wind > I Didn't Know
08/02/03 Seven Below -> Scents and Subtle Sounds -> Seven Below
12/30/03 L.A. Woman -> Birds of a Feather > L.A. Woman
12/31/03 Chalk Dust Torture -> Slave to the Traffic Light > Chalk Dust Torture
06/25/04 You Enjoy Myself -> Also Sprach Zarathustra -> You Enjoy Myself
08/11/04 Scent of a Mule -> Tears of a Clown -> Scent of a Mule
08/12/04 Maze -> Catapult -> Maze
06/12/09 You Enjoy Myself -> Wilson -> You Enjoy Myself

forgot 2/16/03  Bowie->Catapult->Bowie and 12/2/03 Frankenstein->Kung->Frankenstein....just saying....

JPhishman

"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

sophist

Quote from: caravan2001 on February 01, 2010, 09:26:54 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on February 01, 2010, 03:14:20 PM
2010:

Quote from: sophist on February 01, 2010, 05:36:31 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 01, 2010, 04:26:58 AM
When was the last time that ANY Phish song was broken in half, after '95?  Aside from the Moby Dick show, which was a return to that goofball-ness itself...
06/25/97 DWD -> piper -> DWD
07/10/97 Ghost -> Take Me to the River -> Ghost
11/23/97 Down with Disease -> Low Rider -> Down with Disease
12/13/97  Weekapaug Groove -> Catapult -> Weekapaug Groove
07/09/98 Scent of a Mule -> Blister in the Sun -> Scent of a Mule
11/27/98  Chalk Dust Torture -> Mirror in the Bathroom -> Chalk Dust Torture -> Dog Log -> Chalk Dust Torture, Weekapaug Groove -> Wipe Out -> Weekapaug Groove, Weekapaug Reprise
07/07/99  My Left Toe -> Wading in the Velvet Sea -> My Left Toe
09/29/99 Mike's Song -> Catapult -> Mike's Song -> Kung -> Mike's Song
06/22/00 Harry Hood -> Dog Faced Boy > Harry Hood
02/16/03 Down with Disease -> Seven Below -> Down with Disease
07/15/03 Mr. Completely -> Low Rider -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Buried Alive > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Ha Ha Ha > Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Mr. Completely > Spread It 'Round, Walls of the Cave, Golgi Apparatus > Slave to the Traffic Light
07/18/03 I Didn't Know > Dust In the Wind > I Didn't Know
08/02/03 Seven Below -> Scents and Subtle Sounds -> Seven Below
12/30/03 L.A. Woman -> Birds of a Feather > L.A. Woman
12/31/03 Chalk Dust Torture -> Slave to the Traffic Light > Chalk Dust Torture
06/25/04 You Enjoy Myself -> Also Sprach Zarathustra -> You Enjoy Myself
08/11/04 Scent of a Mule -> Tears of a Clown -> Scent of a Mule
08/12/04 Maze -> Catapult -> Maze
06/12/09 You Enjoy Myself -> Wilson -> You Enjoy Myself

forgot 2/16/03  Bowie->Catapult->Bowie and 12/2/03 Frankenstein->Kung->Frankenstein....just saying....
That I did.  Good call on those. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

redrum

hmmm, i recall some rather decent pwnage recently.
don't i?
or was it just your average hazing?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 11:18:25 AM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 10:17:12 AM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

kellerb

Quote from: redrum on October 07, 2010, 11:24:20 PM
hmmm, i recall some rather decent pwnage recently.
don't i?
or was it just your average hazing?

We're professionals.  Average hazing to us; top-notch pwnage to people at large

sophist

Quote from: redrum on October 07, 2010, 11:24:20 PM
hmmm, i recall some rather decent pwnage recently.
don't i?
or was it just your average hazing?
phishhead92 tried to pull the 'ole deliverance stereotype on me, and my full on verbal annihilation produced some cereal pwnage. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gah

Quote from: sophist on October 08, 2010, 06:39:02 AM
Quote from: redrum on October 07, 2010, 11:24:20 PM
hmmm, i recall some rather decent pwnage recently.
don't i?
or was it just your average hazing?
phishhead92 tried to pull the 'ole deliverance stereotype on me, and my full on verbal annihilation produced some cereal pwnage.

That was pretty good! he even oinked himself, set the whole thing up... :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

I thought we had changed the terminology to be 'pawning'.  :wink:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 01, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

qop24

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 08, 2010, 12:08:23 PM
I thought we had changed the terminology to be 'pawning'.  :wink:

only those who never played the original counterstrike

those poor, unprivelaged people
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 07:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 03:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy