News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mac Tablet!!! ~ iPad Thread

Started by rowjimmy, July 28, 2009, 12:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatfargone

Damn.  I know I've been harshing on this thing, but literally minutes after getting my new MacBook Pro all set up and the way I want it...I say to my self...

"Do I really want to fly with this coast to coast as often as I do, hm....maybe I need an ipad now."

Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

jephrey

Played in the store and I want it too.  I'm jealous of the few people I know that have them.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

mattstick

3G or no 3G?  How much will I use it outside of the house?

Will it be a pain in the ass to buy the first day/week it's available in Canada?

What kind of cases are people using?

So many iPad questions.

Canada release date is 5/28 and I'm getting one, hopefully while I'm on my lunch hour at work, although I have a feeling I'll have to wait until the next week or longer...

justjezmund

Quote from: mattstick on May 20, 2010, 12:35:45 PM

3G or no 3G?  How much will I use it outside of the house?

the only deterrent for me (when i get one) is even talking it outside, and fears of dropping it.  that point alone i know would keep me from leaving my

own wi-fi. but i guess if you work inside thats a whole different story; guess it wouldnt be so bad to pull an ipad out of a briefcase or backpack.  But

then jobs have wi-fi dont they.   And one last point.  if i would get the 3g, i guess it would make me use it.  just because of the fact its gunna be

another data plan to pay for :frustrated:
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mattstick

I think I've pretty much decided not to get a 3G model.

Release date in Canada is Friday, I'm considering taking the day off work...

mattstick

Well I finished everything I needed to do for the week, so I booked tomorrow off.

I must be crazy to fight the lines, but the store opens at 8 and I'm going to try and get there early, maybe 6:30 ish...

Roll out of bed > Apple Store

rowjimmy

mattstick

Yeah I was just re-reading the thread.

It's been less than a year so I suppose I should be surprised, but part of me thinks Apple saw this as a "let's push out a giant iPod Touch, call it a magic Tablet device, then get to work on something that's even better".

rowjimmy

iPad2 is gonna be the jam.

And I just posted that because I thought it was amusing re: the timeframe...

Interesting to read our predictions. Some actually came true.

mattstick

Yes, but as a cloud device it will continue to lack features that people want.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 27, 2010, 04:18:23 PM
what about Dell's sure-to-be-craptacular Streak? is it a tablet or a phone?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/197135/psst_dells_streak_isnt_an_android_tablet.html

It's a phone.
But the lines are destined to be blurred. A case could be made that the iPod Touch is a small tablet, too.

mattstick

Update! 25 people in line, store opens at 8.

rowjimmy

mattstick

I'm home with the iPad, doing the setup now!