News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mac Tablet!!! ~ iPad Thread

Started by rowjimmy, July 28, 2009, 12:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: PG on September 06, 2013, 10:07:41 PM
Quote from: mbw on September 06, 2013, 08:52:00 PM
anyone know when the ipad mini 2 is coming out?
want to get one for the wife.
a quick look at the internetz says maybe the end of this month??
does that sound right? i do want to get one now and have a new one come out a couple of weeks later.

thanks.

I don't know, but I imagine if its gonna arrive this fall we will know on 9/12 when they do their next big event thing.
9/10, actually.

antelope19

completely forgot this event was today
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

I think they've made a bit of a branding error with all these iPads now, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina and iPad Air. Seriously?

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: mattstick on October 22, 2013, 04:31:15 PM
I think they've made a bit of a branding error with all these iPads now, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina and iPad Air. Seriously?

Agreed.
I would be more inclined to get a new mini today rather than an air.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

PIE-GUY

My wife's gonna be pissed.... I just ordered an iPad air.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

Loving this iPad air.  So light. Retna display so clear. So much faster at literally everything.

mattstick

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mattstick on November 04, 2013, 03:28:41 PM

I totally want one.

The best part is I'm getting $200 from Amazon for my old ipad 2.

PIE-GUY

The only crappy thing is I'm stuck with this old 2006 Macbook Pro for a while longer. My plan was to get a new Mac Mini if they updated them at this last go-round. They did not... so new ipad and wait on the new mac for the office.

Augustus

Bought an Air 32 yesterday....for my Mother-in-law.

pcr3

So my wife and I are planning to join the revolution for christmukkah or whatever you call our thing. Anyhow, I'm wondering if any of y'all have any recommendations on a case/cover.  Both our nearly 5yo son and 2yo daughter will likely be using it a bunch as well, so we are leaning more toward protection versus lightweight nonbulkiness. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Price is not really a factor...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

Quote from: pcr3 on November 25, 2013, 10:19:20 PM
So my wife and I are planning to join the revolution for christmukkah or whatever you call our thing. Anyhow, I'm wondering if any of y'all have any recommendations on a case/cover.  Both our nearly 5yo son and 2yo daughter will likely be using it a bunch as well, so we are leaning more toward protection versus lightweight nonbulkiness. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Price is not really a factor...

Go with the smart case.

pcr3

Quote from: PG on November 25, 2013, 11:30:37 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on November 25, 2013, 10:19:20 PM

Go with the smart case.

Thanks Pie.  Anyone else?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sls.stormyrider

I have a Zagg case and keyboard. It has a hard shell and seems to protect the ipad fairly well.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

First post from my new iPad Air.