News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/30 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, July 31, 2009, 01:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flow00

Quote from: Undermind on July 31, 2009, 09:13:14 AM
Descent article, but I wasn't aware that they played It's Ice!

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_12957336

I like what the article says about Ocelot:  The brand new "Ocelot," off its upcoming album, "Joy," is destined to become a jam vehicle with near infinite possibilities. It is syrupy funk, allowing both Anastasio and keyboardist Page McConnell to couple in a tremendous storm of keys and strings.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

I have that and several other articles on rowjimmy.com as part of my running post for the RedRocks stand.

/shameless plug

sophist

Quote from: mattstick on July 31, 2009, 09:11:57 AM
Show was sick, best second set since 10/7/00.

Some flaws here and there with some of the more difficult passages, but the jams were creative and very Mike-oriented.

Mike sporting a new 'do was nice and present in the mix.

Very thematic jam in the Ghost, definitely jamming over one chord progression for a while, could have been a tease but I couldn't place it.

First set was a warm-up - standard but not exceptional, but the Stash was close to being a monster, unique jam for sure.

The locals think they own the venue here it's stupid, people were harassing us because we wouldn't let 15 people stand in a space large enough for 5 people - lots of drunks spilling beer and being chatty on phones, especially in the first set.

Obviously the sickest outdoor venue there is, acoustics are mind blowing, the surroundings are awe inspiring.

Lots of fake tickets on the lot, one guy was selling a stack of fake mailorders for $50.

All my running training paid off in the sprint to the GA seats, I pwn'd that shit.

Hard to imagine they'll top that song selection in the second set tonight or the rest of the run really, that's how much I enjoyed it.
thanks for the review.  
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Undermind

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2009, 09:18:04 AM
I have that and several other articles on rowjimmy.com as part of my running post for the RedRocks stand.

/shameless plug

:wink:
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Undermind

Quote from: flow00 on July 31, 2009, 09:17:00 AM

I like what the article says about Ocelot:  The brand new "Ocelot," off its upcoming album, "Joy," is destined to become a jam vehicle with near infinite possibilities. It is syrupy funk, allowing both Anastasio and keyboardist Page McConnell to couple in a tremendous storm of keys and strings.

Absolutely!
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

rowjimmy

Quote from: Mistercharlie on July 31, 2009, 12:42:05 AM
Quote from: PhishPhan on July 31, 2009, 12:41:03 AM
Quote from: JustJezmund on July 31, 2009, 12:37:16 AM
hey just looking at the active viewers bar at the top and just wondering whats up with hidden members.  how does that work?

I betcha Row Jimmy changed it in his settings. He said he went nighty night but he is really monitoring us...

:D
So rj = Big Brother?  :wink:

maybe...

Undermind

Any word on the Mike tune during soundcheck?  Was it one of the Green Sparrow album?

rowjimmy

Totally jamming on "praise you" in this Ghost

Not entirely sure how I feel about it... I guess it's cool because, if I didn't know the source material, I'd be stoked by the jam anyway.

mattstick

sophist

The whale effect during Hydrogen annoys the shit out of me....
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

VA $l!m

goodmornin

first of all, numero uno, the LIGHTS/Kuroda WEre phenominal!

stash was pretty dern good. at least it left the beaten path.

second set was very good.

overall i found the whole show seemed short, IMO.

second set highlights...the Mikes>H2>groove was very tight. i really enjoyed, especially tight hydroggen-best ive heard in while.

whatev SProbe said about the ghost selection was the exact opposite thought i had(big surprise) setlist selection there was KEY,otherwise it was a =somewhat typical night one fair, the ghost is what got me out of my seat and down to funky town. VERY nicwe ghost. there were soem great modulations in theme, and one a little repetitive ness towarsd the end to keep it from being completley epic.
BOwie wasa nice extraneous bit of juicyness at the end o f the set as well. PS.: BUst out= Billy breathes! :wink:

well, overall, this show was charactereized by energy and tightness. the had me from jump nad even placed the Bathrooom break songs well.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2009, 09:22:16 AM
hey just looking at the active viewers bar at the top and just wondering whats up with hidden members.  how does that work?

I betcha Row Jimmy changed it in his settings. He said he went nighty night but he is really monitoring us...

So rj = Big Brother?  :wink:

maybe...
I knew you'd see that, You really are Big Brother. :lol:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

nab

Quote from: Mistercharlie on July 31, 2009, 10:19:36 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2009, 09:22:16 AM
hey just looking at the active viewers bar at the top and just wondering whats up with hidden members.  how does that work?

So rj = Big Brother?  :wink:

maybe...
I knew you'd see that, You really are Big Brother. :lol:

Row Knows, just sayin'

PIE-GUY

OK - listening to the Stash now - Trey's "Whale Call" effect is all over this Stash jam yet it hasn't bothered me once!! I love this jam. Best Stash I've heard in a long time. Seriously good Stash. Very happy with it!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul