News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/30 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, July 31, 2009, 01:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Taylorc's recording is excellent. Nice thick and funky Mike. Everyone is very present in the mix.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sophist

Captain obvious checking in here, but this show > leg I.  

The ghost is the best jizzzzzzsam of 3.0  
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 31, 2009, 10:26:50 AM
OK - listening to the Stash now - Trey's "Whale Call" effect is all over this Stash jam yet it hasn't bothered me once!! I love this jam. Best Stash I've heard in a long time. Seriously good Stash. Very happy with it!!
This Stash is 'Whale Call Central', but I love it!

The jam in Wolfman's is also really rockin'. I swear I heard a little of the 'Superbad' funk from Trey that popped up throughout fall '97.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Sorry if this has been mentioned already: Page in The Horse?
Is this still Wombat?

blatboom

Quote from: Mistercharlie on July 31, 2009, 11:29:56 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 31, 2009, 10:26:50 AM
OK - listening to the Stash now - Trey's "Whale Call" effect is all over this Stash jam yet it hasn't bothered me once!! I love this jam. Best Stash I've heard in a long time. Seriously good Stash. Very happy with it!!
This Stash is 'Whale Call Central', but I love it!

The jam in Wolfman's is also really rockin'. I swear I heard a little of the 'Superbad' funk from Trey that popped up throughout fall '97.

nice to see it clocking it at 12 minutes.  moving in the right direction

keeb333

Just finishing set I up now...very nice so far, especially the Stash and D-Sky.  I like that they opened with that.  So far, they seem a little tighter that earlier this summer, but maybe its just me.  I'm so jealous of all those lucky bastards who were actually there!

Hopefully I'll be able to stay up tonight for the setlist thread....we stop working on the addition until about 8:00 last night, and I passed out shortly after. 

Were the streams any good last night?  How was the audio-only one?

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

Quote from: keeb333 on July 31, 2009, 11:48:04 AM

Were the streams any good last night?  How was the audio-only one?

Last night sounded like Robot Farts when you could actually get the stream to come in.

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on July 31, 2009, 10:17:20 AM
goodmornin

first of all, numero uno, the LIGHTS/Kuroda WEre phenominal!

stash was pretty dern good. at least it left the beaten path.

second set was very good.

overall i found the whole show seemed short, IMO.

second set highlights...the Mikes>H2>groove was very tight. i really enjoyed, especially tight hydroggen-best ive heard in while.

whatev SProbe said about the ghost selection was the exact opposite thought i had(big surprise) setlist selection there was KEY,otherwise it was a =somewhat typical night one fair, the ghost is what got me out of my seat and down to funky town. VERY nicwe ghost. there were soem great modulations in theme, and one a little repetitive ness towarsd the end to keep it from being completley epic.
BOwie wasa nice extraneous bit of juicyness at the end o f the set as well. PS.: BUst out= Billy breathes! :wink:

well, overall, this show was charactereized by energy and tightness. the had me from jump nad even placed the Bathrooom break songs well.

This just in from VASlim:

mistercharlie

emay

What does everyone think about the quality of the second leg LivePhish SDB's so far?

IMO It's getting better, can def hear Mike a lot better, and it seems like they mixed it a little better. Trey turned down a little, page and mike turned up. Dunno if that was the case in Red Rocks, but thats what I am hearing on the SDBs. Still room for improvement though

sprobeck

Quote from: VA slim on July 31, 2009, 10:17:20 AM
goodmornin

first of all, numero uno, the LIGHTS/Kuroda WEre phenominal!

stash was pretty dern good. at least it left the beaten path.

second set was very good.

overall i found the whole show seemed short, IMO.

second set highlights...the Mikes>H2>groove was very tight. i really enjoyed, especially tight hydroggen-best ive heard in while.

whatev SProbe said about the ghost selection was the exact opposite thought i had(big surprise) setlist selection there was KEY,otherwise it was a =somewhat typical night one fair, the ghost is what got me out of my seat and down to funky town. VERY nicwe ghost. there were soem great modulations in theme, and one a little repetitive ness towarsd the end to keep it from being completley epic.
BOwie wasa nice extraneous bit of juicyness at the end o f the set as well. PS.: BUst out= Billy breathes! :wink:

well, overall, this show was charactereized by energy and tightness. the had me from jump nad even placed the Bathrooom break songs well.

I felt disappointment coming from somewhere below me and to the right. I guess that's not where you were.  I thought Bowie was Phat. Interesting that when Trey shreds the lights turn still and all white.  I agree that the colors were BEAUTIFUL last night. One of the special things about being there.   
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

rowjimmy

khalpin

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2009, 12:43:28 PM
First listen indicates improvement in the LP quality.
Definitely an improvement.  I would like Page to be a little bit higher, but other than that, I'm happy.