News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/31 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, August 01, 2009, 01:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

I owe Aug $20

sls.stormyrider

strong show, especially Drowned >CEP, Tweezer, and Piper

I'm sure this has been said before, I thought Joy was a strange choice after CEP, and even though I like BDNL, it was a strange choice after Tweezer.

and, like others have said, Tweezer jam was getting going, could have / should have gone longer before the >
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

disco

On that rain comment, RR is a small stage with a very small roof compared to the creek. The rain was all over (& wind too) so I could see that melt suffering from the wind not benefitting. My wife liked this one the best of the run. 2 or 3 for me, thurs's set 2 was sweet too, all these second sets I guess : )
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

VA $l!m

skimming through this show for the first time since being there, and i'm pleasantly surprised.
i've only skimmed the first three nights i saw, but i think this might be the winner as far as energy goes.
the tweezer def. had IT for a second, though page sorta flubbed out the jam...and i'll have to check but it sounded very familiar... ?same jam as Camden?
anyway, drownedCrosseyed was pretty tight, and since CE&P was one of only two songs that i saw for the first time besides the new stuff, well it did the trick for me big time. yes, its becoming evident today that i am a complete whore for Fishman.

\...anyway, then there's the SpLit Open. its always been one of my top five fav songs, but i'm really starting to think its my fav. period. now, for this version...well, i really want to listen to it a few more times b4 i completely give it my seal of approval, but after ragin in the rain live and going through the recording once i say its LEgit. it teaters on the edge of disaster about as close as you can get, but thats the point of the jam, and i think they nailed it personally. might be my pick for FAV jam of the run.  :rockout:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VDB

Quote from: VA slim on August 10, 2009, 05:09:55 PM
skimming through this show for the first time since being there, and i'm pleasantly surprised.
i've only skimmed the first three nights i saw, but i think this might be the winner as far as energy goes.
the tweezer def. had IT for a second, though page sorta flubbed out the jam...and i'll have to check but it sounded very familiar... ?same jam as Camden?
anyway, drownedCrosseyed was pretty tight, and since CE&P was one of only two songs that i saw for the first time besides the new stuff, well it did the trick for me big time. yes, its becoming evident today that i am a complete whore for Fishman.

\...anyway, then there's the SpLit Open. its always been one of my top five fav songs, but i'm really starting to think its my fav. period. now, for this version...well, i really want to listen to it a few more times b4 i completely give it my seal of approval, but after ragin in the rain live and going through the recording once i say its LEgit. it teaters on the edge of disaster about as close as you can get, but thats the point of the jam, and i think they nailed it personally. might be my pick for FAV jam of the run.  :rockout:

I love the vocal accents.
Is this still Wombat?

VA $l!m

Quote from: VoodooBrew on August 11, 2009, 10:39:22 AM

I love the vocal accents.

yeah, weird how they almost are mocking trey's 'whale call'... i wonder who in the band started the vocal stuff... i'd half to go back and hear it again...

Buffalo Budd

That SOAM has been my favourite part of the RR run as well.  Definitely ranks up there.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

willsteele

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

VA $l!m

just checking out the second set form the B&Ks for the first time.

and this CE&P is actually pretty damn hot.

VA $l!m

wow. i dont know how i, or everyone else for that matter, has been sleeping on this second set.
if it wasnt for the fact that the first set is uber lame minus the SOAM, this might be my fav show of 09... the secodn set at least is def in my top three or so.

the band is Fucking ON. probably the tightest i've heard all four members at once this year for more than a song at a time.

Drowned takes a bit to get going, but once they hit CE&P its ON, minus JOY which is completely forgetable at best... so, after JOY i didnt really think this tweezer was great until i heard the Audience tapes... BTW, these B&K's are SiiiiiiCK!!!
so, it was during this tweezer that i realized that MIKE is absolutely on FIre. in fact i was thinking that this set  might be some of the Hottest shit i've ever heard him play...hmmm,,, then i thought to myself: I'm i high or something? this cant be right. maybe its just these sick ass B&K mics...well, who knows, but this show flat out rawks all the way through the weirdo fluff>piper transition--cant believe they pullled that off- ha! --shit! i almost forgot to mention how fuckin hot the tweezer banginginto an unbelieveable BDTNL whcih freakin was the heat front to back FIRE!!!---whew! this set is fuckin sweet. too bad the first set is worthless up until the split. oh well, i'll take what i can get.

Superfreakie

Quote from: VA slim on August 23, 2009, 07:08:01 PM
wow. i dont know how i, or everyone else for that matter, has been sleeping on this second set.
if it wasnt for the fact that the first set is uber lame minus the SOAM, this might be my fav show of 09... the secodn set at least is def in my top three or so.

the band is Fucking ON. probably the tightest i've heard all four members at once this year for more than a song at a time.

Drowned takes a bit to get going, but once they hit CE&P its ON, minus JOY which is completely forgetable at best... so, after JOY i didnt really think this tweezer was great until i heard the Audience tapes... BTW, these B&K's are SiiiiiiCK!!!
so, it was during this tweezer that i realized that MIKE is absolutely on FIre. in fact i was thinking that this set  might be some of the Hottest shit i've ever heard him play...hmmm,,, then i thought to myself: I'm i high or something? this cant be right. maybe its just these sick ass B&K mics...well, who knows, but this show flat out rawks all the way through the weirdo fluff>piper transition--cant believe they pullled that off- ha! --shit! i almost forgot to mention how fuckin hot the tweezer banginginto an unbelieveable BDTNL whcih freakin was the heat front to back FIRE!!!---whew! this set is fuckin sweet. too bad the first set is worthless up until the split. oh well, i'll take what i can get.

SLim, get off the soundboards brah! How many times do I have to repeat it  :roll:  :lol: And by the way, there is another sick aud source out there that is different but comparable to the B&K's (not sure I should tell you which one or make you wait for my ultimate sources list  :lol: .....I am just waiting for some 24 bits to come out before releasing it, they are to be out this week according to the tapers we are waiting on) 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VA $l!m

no i'm done wit the sbds...except i actually dont mind them as far as mp3s on the ipod, but  i cant listen to the uncompressed ones anymore. i refer to them only because they were mostly my original frame of reference as the first source i listened to for each show.

Hicks

I wasn't sleeping on it, def. my favorite night of the run.

Anybody else think the weird melodic part they played during Antelope on 8/8 had it's genesis in the Tweezer here?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Superfreakie

Quote from: VA slim on August 23, 2009, 07:27:31 PM
no i'm done wit the sbds...except i actually dont mind them as far as mp3s on the ipod, but  i cant listen to the uncompressed ones anymore. i refer to them only because they were mostly my original frame of reference as the first source i listened to for each show.

I agree with that 100%. With most earbuds sbds are the way to go as you can hear every instrument clearly.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.